Homebrew Official WUP Installer - Title installer + Firmware spoofing [3.x - 5.4.0]

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Oh thanks so

First i need to install Spoof, reboot Wii U Check if is 5.5.0
And again try to install Splatoon this time, is it?
yeah you clear out the "install" folder after each thing
Okay thanks, i do not have a wii u but i just wanted a quick clarification and wanted to know if piracy is enabled on it yet, and if it uses wads. Well its not worth pirating, very few games
nope nowhere did it mention wads.....just WUP.....dates :P

Reactions: MiZ J0K3R

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's not enabled.
There's no wad (but wup) format, but it's using the same update server method than the Wii : multiple files, probably packed in a single package for easy distribution.
but this tool use the extracted (unpacked) files format, downloaded directly from NUS. so there's no .wup format, it uses the .app files directly.

ironmaster49

Trophies
XP
Country
All right, looks interesting. Does this have kernel access as well? It looks like it obviously has. Cool, lets see how the Wii U scene start to grow :)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
it's not enabled.
and I don't know if there's a wad (or wup) format, but it's using the same update server method than the Wii : multiple files, probably packed in a single package for easy distribution.
but this tool use the extracted (unpacked) files format, downloaded directly from NUS. so there's no .wup format, it uses the .app files
yeah WUP would be the format if the files where packed together into a single file, but this tool just uses the raw files, so basically wad = the wii version, cia = 3DS version of a content container, and wud is for wiiu

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone not had it freeze at all with their SD Card? Size? Manufacturer?

I have a 32GB MicroSD I'm using in an adapter. It seems to always freezes first two times I try to install anything (when returning to Wii U Menu), then the third time runs. Could just be coincidence, but was wondering if anyone else was having that happen too with a larger card, or at all.

Edit: I understand the hit and miss of RNG, I'm just curious if some card might be working better. MicroSD is a SanDisk, adapter is PNY.

Last edited by EclipseSin,

acacd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I have a question:
If I block nintendo update server:
nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
nus.cdn.shop.wii.com
nus.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net
nus.wup.shop.nintendo.net

Will I also block online game play?

357A

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No pls don t be dumbass lol don t act like Kid dude .-.
No I won't, but I'm pretty sure, either way, Nintendo will still patch spoofing in their next update. Besides, I can't use E-Shop, so if I get banned, I lost all my purchases :P.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Nintendo can't patch it
ofc they can....well they can at least block online access quite easily, just depends if they care enough

basically if we all behave well we might be ok and they might just not care so much like on the 3DS, but if the idiots cause too much trouble they probably quickly lock it down

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a question:
If I block nintendo update server:
nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
nus.cdn.shop.wii.com
nus.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net
nus.wup.shop.nintendo.net

Will I also block online game play?
Online play should work.
account.nintendo.net is used to synch NNID, check if you are on latest version.bin and accessed when launching an application.
as long as you don't block this, online should work.

There's a possibility that some games need other access, like cdn.nintendowifi.net, but the url you listed are all related to the "shop".

using a proxy is useful to log accessed and requested URLs in realtime to know which URLs are needed for online play.
you can filter or unfilter what you want while playing.
using OpenDNS doesn't let you monitor your network activity in realtime.

Reactions: MiZ J0K3R

alive

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just to be sure: Is this kidsproof, meaning they (or I) do not have to repeat procedures everytime they want to play? tia

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just to be sure: Is this kidsproof, meaning they (or I) do not have to repeat procedures everytime they want to play? tia
it's a permanent install.

Installing the 5.5.0 version.bin prevent the "please update your console" message. (and you can't revert it to 5.3.2 so you will never have that message again, until release of 5.6.0 or 6.0.0)

installed game updates are installed in your Wii's data management.
you need to reinstall them only if you manually delete them.

so, it's kidsproof enough (until next Firmware release).

How Nintendo can patch it ? If we stay on 5.3.2 Nintendo can't block it... (the kexploit is not patched and if it's like the Gateway launcher...)
I might make a mistake
They can force future games with a file or function check. if you don't have the file (available only in future firmware updates) then the game can't launch. but it will affect only future games, not existing ones. they can release game updates to force a check. if yo don't update, you can't run the game, if you update you are missing a file/function in the firmware.

Xinaman

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How Nintendo can patch it ? If we stay on 5.3.2 Nintendo can't block it... (the kexploit is not patched and if it's like the Gateway launcher...)
I might make a mistake
They could block online access with 5.6.0, add another hidden file for verification is one exemple.
I think that is what he meant.

Reactions: 357A and Mega-Mew

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: wth