Hacking WUP installer GX2 doesn't recognize my Wii U Formatted USB HDD

showdownx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ran an issue that just started yesterday. My USB HDD is NOT being recognized by WUP Installer GX2, this started happening happened last night. I was able to install games, updates, and DLC's with 'WUP Installer GX2' before, now when I hit the install button I get an error message stating "Error 0xFFFCFFE9 access failed (no USB storage attached)." I'm getting all my content from 'Wii U USB Helper' like I been doing.

The vWii USB HDD works fine. However the Wii U USB HDD is being recognized by the Wii U system, the games still show up on the Wii U menu screen but WUP Installer GX2 don't recognize the drive when I'm trying install games, DLC's and updates. I even tried WUP Installer GX2 Mod version and that one don't work either.

The Wii U USB External HDD is fully formatted by the Wii U (using the message that pops up when a USB device is connected for the first time). It's a Toshiba 3TB Powered USB HDD, there is no multiple partitions and I still have 1.5TB of space left on the drive. I used the Original 'Mocha CFW' after every reboot, then used WUP Installer GX2 to install the content I downloaded from WII U USB Helper and everything was working fine. WUP Installer was installing everything correctly until last night.

But you know what, I just remember I did accidentally ran Mocha CFW FAT32 version last night too. I don't know if that has something to do with it. I restarted the Wii U afterwards.

I am using a HDD identical to for the vWii side of things as well, my two drives (Wii U and vWii drives) look like identical twins. I don't think that has something to do with this issue or not.

I have Haxchi installed (I don't have CBHC at the moment). I don't think my Haxchi is not working properly. Well I did the whole Haxchi install over a NDS game but it has the 'h' for Homebrew on that channel now, and when I click on it Homebrew opens up.

Please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I ran an issue that just started yesterday. My USB HDD is NOT being recognized by WUP Installer GX2, this started happening happened last night. I was able to install games, updates, and DLC's with 'WUP Installer GX2' before, now when I hit the install button I get an error message stating "Error 0xFFFCFFE9 access failed (no USB storage attached)." I'm getting all my content from 'Wii U USB Helper' like I been doing.

The vWii USB HDD works fine. However the Wii U USB HDD is being recognized by the Wii U system, the games still show up on the Wii U menu screen but WUP Installer GX2 don't recognize the drive when I'm trying install games, DLC's and updates. I even tried WUP Installer GX2 Mod version and that one don't work either.

The Wii U USB External HDD is fully formatted by the Wii U (using the message that pops up when a USB device is connected for the first time). It's a Toshiba 3TB Powered USB HDD, there is no multiple partitions and I still have 1.5TB of space left on the drive. I used the Original 'Mocha CFW' after every reboot, then used WUP Installer GX2 to install the content I downloaded from WII U USB Helper and everything was working fine. WUP Installer was installing everything correctly until last night.

But you know what, I just remember I did accidentally ran Mocha CFW FAT32 version last night too. I don't know if that has something to do with it. I restarted the Wii U afterwards.

I am using a HDD identical to for the vWii side of things as well, my two drives (Wii U and vWii drives) look like identical twins. I don't think that has something to do with this issue or not.

I have Haxchi installed (I don't have CBHC at the moment). I don't think my Haxchi is not working properly. Well I did the whole Haxchi install over a NDS game but it has the 'h' for Homebrew on that channel now, and when I click on it Homebrew opens up.

Please tell me what I am doing wrong?
The Wii U was said by Nintendo to not support >2TB drives.

Maybe there's a problem with the code used in WUP Installer GX2 because you are nearly getting to 2 TB? Have you tested with the non-GX2 "Y mod" version? (The one with only text in screen, and not UI)

showdownx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii U was said by Nintendo to not support >2TB drives.

Maybe there's a problem with the code used in WUP Installer GX2 because you are nearly getting to 2 TB? Have you tested with the non-GX2 "Y mod" version? (The one with only text in screen, and not UI)

Is that the same as WUP Installer GX2 MOD?

I believe Nintendo stated it could read USB HDD up to 2TB. For example if you have a USB HDD over 2TB like a 4TB USB HDD, it would only read 2TB.

Last edited by showdownx,
Reactions: DaTank45

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Reactions: showdownx

oslo83

Trophies
XP
Country
France
My USB HDD is NOT being recognized by WUP Installer GX2, this started happening happened last night. I was able to install games, updates, and DLC's with 'WUP Installer GX2' before, now when I hit the install button I get an error message stating "Error 0xFFFCFFE9 access failed (no USB storage attached)." I'm getting all my content from 'Wii U USB Helper' like I been doing.

(...)
It's a Toshiba 3TB Powered USB HDD, there is no multiple partitions and I still have 1.5TB of space left on the drive. I used the Original 'Mocha CFW' (...)
I am using a HDD identical to for the vWii side of things as well, my two drives (Wii U and vWii drives) look like identical twins.

Disconnect your vwii drive, then just use ONLY your wiiu drive BEFORE you use WUP installers.
It should solve your problem.

showdownx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know what, I found out it was Mocha CFW Fat32 version that was causing that issue. I guess there are some bugs being repaired at the moment.

showdownx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haxchi is really smooth. No more mocha for me. Plus WUP Installer GX2 is recognizing my USB HDD again. I had to backed up all my content and re-formatted the drive (using the Wii U of course) put all my content back on the drive. I change my default command to sysmenu on that config file. Once I fired up the Wii U, loaded up HaxchiFW and all games, dlc's and updates were installing smoothly. I'M IN THE GAME!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok I tried it and 1) it doesnt boot wood menu automatically and 2) when trying to load a game through wood theres just a loading screen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's low on wood
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    lemme ask in forums
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download...