Hacking WUP installer GX2 doesn't recognize my Wii U Formatted USB HDD

showdownx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ran an issue that just started yesterday. My USB HDD is NOT being recognized by WUP Installer GX2, this started happening happened last night. I was able to install games, updates, and DLC's with 'WUP Installer GX2' before, now when I hit the install button I get an error message stating "Error 0xFFFCFFE9 access failed (no USB storage attached)." I'm getting all my content from 'Wii U USB Helper' like I been doing.

The vWii USB HDD works fine. However the Wii U USB HDD is being recognized by the Wii U system, the games still show up on the Wii U menu screen but WUP Installer GX2 don't recognize the drive when I'm trying install games, DLC's and updates. I even tried WUP Installer GX2 Mod version and that one don't work either.

The Wii U USB External HDD is fully formatted by the Wii U (using the message that pops up when a USB device is connected for the first time). It's a Toshiba 3TB Powered USB HDD, there is no multiple partitions and I still have 1.5TB of space left on the drive. I used the Original 'Mocha CFW' after every reboot, then used WUP Installer GX2 to install the content I downloaded from WII U USB Helper and everything was working fine. WUP Installer was installing everything correctly until last night.

But you know what, I just remember I did accidentally ran Mocha CFW FAT32 version last night too. I don't know if that has something to do with it. I restarted the Wii U afterwards.

I am using a HDD identical to for the vWii side of things as well, my two drives (Wii U and vWii drives) look like identical twins. I don't think that has something to do with this issue or not.

I have Haxchi installed (I don't have CBHC at the moment). I don't think my Haxchi is not working properly. Well I did the whole Haxchi install over a NDS game but it has the 'h' for Homebrew on that channel now, and when I click on it Homebrew opens up.

Please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I ran an issue that just started yesterday. My USB HDD is NOT being recognized by WUP Installer GX2, this started happening happened last night. I was able to install games, updates, and DLC's with 'WUP Installer GX2' before, now when I hit the install button I get an error message stating "Error 0xFFFCFFE9 access failed (no USB storage attached)." I'm getting all my content from 'Wii U USB Helper' like I been doing.

The vWii USB HDD works fine. However the Wii U USB HDD is being recognized by the Wii U system, the games still show up on the Wii U menu screen but WUP Installer GX2 don't recognize the drive when I'm trying install games, DLC's and updates. I even tried WUP Installer GX2 Mod version and that one don't work either.

The Wii U USB External HDD is fully formatted by the Wii U (using the message that pops up when a USB device is connected for the first time). It's a Toshiba 3TB Powered USB HDD, there is no multiple partitions and I still have 1.5TB of space left on the drive. I used the Original 'Mocha CFW' after every reboot, then used WUP Installer GX2 to install the content I downloaded from WII U USB Helper and everything was working fine. WUP Installer was installing everything correctly until last night.

But you know what, I just remember I did accidentally ran Mocha CFW FAT32 version last night too. I don't know if that has something to do with it. I restarted the Wii U afterwards.

I am using a HDD identical to for the vWii side of things as well, my two drives (Wii U and vWii drives) look like identical twins. I don't think that has something to do with this issue or not.

I have Haxchi installed (I don't have CBHC at the moment). I don't think my Haxchi is not working properly. Well I did the whole Haxchi install over a NDS game but it has the 'h' for Homebrew on that channel now, and when I click on it Homebrew opens up.

Please tell me what I am doing wrong?
The Wii U was said by Nintendo to not support >2TB drives.

Maybe there's a problem with the code used in WUP Installer GX2 because you are nearly getting to 2 TB? Have you tested with the non-GX2 "Y mod" version? (The one with only text in screen, and not UI)

showdownx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii U was said by Nintendo to not support >2TB drives.

Maybe there's a problem with the code used in WUP Installer GX2 because you are nearly getting to 2 TB? Have you tested with the non-GX2 "Y mod" version? (The one with only text in screen, and not UI)

Is that the same as WUP Installer GX2 MOD?

I believe Nintendo stated it could read USB HDD up to 2TB. For example if you have a USB HDD over 2TB like a 4TB USB HDD, it would only read 2TB.

Last edited by showdownx,
Reactions: DaTank45

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Reactions: showdownx

oslo83

Trophies
XP
Country
France
My USB HDD is NOT being recognized by WUP Installer GX2, this started happening happened last night. I was able to install games, updates, and DLC's with 'WUP Installer GX2' before, now when I hit the install button I get an error message stating "Error 0xFFFCFFE9 access failed (no USB storage attached)." I'm getting all my content from 'Wii U USB Helper' like I been doing.

(...)
It's a Toshiba 3TB Powered USB HDD, there is no multiple partitions and I still have 1.5TB of space left on the drive. I used the Original 'Mocha CFW' (...)
I am using a HDD identical to for the vWii side of things as well, my two drives (Wii U and vWii drives) look like identical twins.

Disconnect your vwii drive, then just use ONLY your wiiu drive BEFORE you use WUP installers.
It should solve your problem.

showdownx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know what, I found out it was Mocha CFW Fat32 version that was causing that issue. I guess there are some bugs being repaired at the moment.

showdownx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haxchi is really smooth. No more mocha for me. Plus WUP Installer GX2 is recognizing my USB HDD again. I had to backed up all my content and re-formatted the drive (using the Wii U of course) put all my content back on the drive. I change my default command to sysmenu on that config file. Once I fired up the Wii U, loaded up HaxchiFW and all games, dlc's and updates were installing smoothly. I'M IN THE GAME!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."