Wup Installer Gx2 error 0xFFFCFFE9 access failed (no USB storage attached?)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Picartman, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Picartman
    OP

Picartman Member

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2016
    United States
    Hello everyone, I've been having this issue since yesterday and I can't figure out what to do. I was using nothing but a Loadiine-style installation on my Wii U up until yesterday. Yesterday I tried to migrate over to installing backups to my external hard drive.

I placed all the install files for my USA region game on my USA wii in the SD card. I got a USA ticket file and placed it in the install files as well. I then used WUP Installer GX2 to install the game to my USB drive and I'm getting the 0xFFFCFFE9 error. I got these files from Wii U Helper as well.

I have a WD USB external with a y-cable. I also tried the WUP Installer Y-Mod and that didn't work. I also tried loading Mocha CFW before doing all this and that didn't work either. Finally I tried to unplug my Wii U from the wall and the USB from the Wii for a minute and that didn't make a difference. Both installer programs give me error 0xFFFCFFE9.

I have the hard drive formatted as three partitions. They are called STORAGE, WBFS, and WII. I use this hard drive for storing personal files (Storage partition), loading backups on vWii (Wbfs), and the Wii partition is for the vWii apps and Gamecube backups.

I'm not sure if I have something formatted incorrectly or if the installer can't read the hard drive because it has three partitions. I really don't know what else to try after hours of trying and searching various forums. Hopefully someone here can give me an idea of what to do, thanks for your time and any help.

2. Felek666

Felek666 retarded memekid which no one likes

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    You must format your HDD to Wii U format in order to use it.

3. Picartman
    OP

Picartman Member

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2016
    United States
    I've used this USB drive on the Wii U before for vWii and Gamecube backups. The Wii U read it before for those programs, do I have to do something different to it since I'm trying to install games to it? All 3 partitions on the USB drive are FAT32.

4. Felek666

Felek666 retarded memekid which no one likes

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    vWii? This is separate thing. You must format in System Settings with Data Managment for Wii U to recognize it & write games to it. [Everything will be wiped off so get either another HDD or format it]

Picartman likes this.
  5. NoSoul81

NoSoul81 GBAtemp Fan

May 30, 2016
    United States
    I don't believe you can use partitions for Wii U games I believe once you format it with the WIi U the entire HDD is for WIi U only, someone can correct me if I'm wrong maybe there's a way but I think you need two hdds to do Wii U and Wii/GC.

Picartman likes this.
  6. Picartman
    OP

Picartman Member

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2016
    United States
    Oh I didn't know that. So for me to install games to the USB for Wii U, I need to format it using the Wii U's formatting tool. Therefore by doing that, it will work for Wii U but I won't be able to use it for storage, vWii, or loading Gamecube backups anymore?

7. Sumea

Sumea Disco Ninja Frog

Aug 16, 2008
    Finland
    Turku
    Yes, this. Also it is very painful to have another USB for gamecube/wii stuff because you have to start swapping USB drives. Until Wii ISO inject to eShop Wii titles is perfected at least.

I personally use a 64 gig SD card. I have Wii U games on my USB but I keep some gamecube backups and Wii titles on my SD card.

Picartman likes this.
  8. Picartman
    OP

Picartman Member

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2016
    United States
    Okay thank you for the information, I'm backing up and formatting my drive soon.

It seems that I should move on from using my SD card with Loadiine for Wii U games. I suppose converting and installing all my Loadiine games to USB, then using the SD card for vWii and Gamecube would be the smartest and most convenient step.

9. Sumea

Sumea Disco Ninja Frog

Aug 16, 2008
    Finland
    Turku
    redump/redownload Loadiine games, Save files you CAN transfer to your internal saves but saviine is bit of a pain in the arse. Aside that the world is your oyster.

10. Picartman
    OP

Picartman Member

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2016
    United States
    Okay thanks for the tip! WUP is currently installing the files, the problem was the format :)

11. NoSoul81

NoSoul81 GBAtemp Fan

May 30, 2016
    United States
    What I do and what I've heard a few others say you should do is just buy a cheap Wii on Ebay for Wii/GC games. Not only for the usb issue but you could get a freeze or error on the vWii that could make your entire Wii U go bye bye.