Hacking wow! SKY3DS breakthrough 10 game limit, which means you can play any games?

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually yes, if we could clone stuff for free pretty much every problem in the world would be instantly solved. Thanks filfat
if everything was able to be "copied" 1for1 the way pirates do then literally all the worlds problems would be solved including world hunger, Also the only people making video games would be people who love making them since nobody gets paid to work."devs" wouldn't need money since everything they want they can get for free so it's kinda like a much better communism in a way. Never thought if it that way.

Now in reality it's not possible and if it was the government wouldn't allow it since, you know...money

crisshinto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
if everything was able to be "copied" 1for1 the way pirates do then literally all the worlds problems would be solved including world hunger, Also the only people making video games would be people who love making them since nobody gets paid to work."devs" wouldn't need money since everything they want they can get for free so it's kinda like a much better communism in a way. Never thought if it that way.

Now in reality it's not possible and if it was the government wouldn't allow it since, you know...money
And that would be the solutions of all the humanity race, thank you Filfat your deserve a peace nobel price, for help us to realize this...

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back on topic,

I don't see any news on sky3ds site that says they will be making all attempts to remove the limiter. I don't mind picking up a 3ds that will be for sale on BF for 174.99 and then picking up a sky3ds, and use this as a gift. I'll tell the nephew/niece/little sister that she has 10 extra xmas wishes on games and thats it. Once they confirm the games theres no turning back. Santa does not do refunds so they will have to suck it up if the game they wanted was all that fun.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
tbh the fact they said (or at least the R5 side of the operation) said that they will "fix" the bypassing of the limit in the next batch suggests the card is not externally updatable, or they would of just made a disk writer tool that upgrades the limit to 11 or something to coax people into it but secretly patches the bypass too.....so i doubt any existing cards will be unlocked and they kinda indicated that they will lock it down more for their next production run

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
tbh the fact they said (or at least the R5 side of the operation) said that they will "fix" the bypassing of the limit in the next batch suggests the card is not externally updatable, or they would of just made a disk writer tool that upgrades the limit to 11 or something to coax people into it but secretly patches the bypass too.....so i doubt any existing cards will be unlocked and they kinda indicated that they will lock it down more for their next production run
Yep. There's now way they're gonna remove the limit.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There's more way they will fix their limit's bypassing bug to force user to buy a new cart every 10 games.
unless they fear the new gateway announcement for 9.x compatibility.

RomAnOCrY :
you had time to check the SD card?
usually a partition table is located at the beginning of the card (probably sector 0) and/or at the end (last sector, for example GPT HDD hold a backup of the table at the end).

There's also a possibility that they are not using a table, but are placing ROM information before each ROM image
"rom info + ROM 1 + rom info + ROM 2 etc.", but that will be harder to manage.

If you dump the partition table, make a screenshot of your ROM writer which contains physical data (start and sector size).

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
what of i put the list like this
A , a , aa , ab , B , b , b1 , ....etc
or
A1 , a1,a2,a3,a4,B1,B2,b1,b2,b3 .... etc

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think that will work as long as there's ROM to cycle. you just eject it and stop the card in its checking process, when you put it back it loads the last checked slot even if it wasn't in the 10 list.
but without the card I can't make tests myself. I just make assumption from what I gathered.

Kylecito

eats warnings for breakfast
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I think that will work as long as there's ROM to cycle. you just eject it and stop the card in its checking process, when you put it back it loads the last checked slot even if it wasn't in the 10 list.
but without the card I can't make tests myself. I just make assumption from what I gathered.

It still makes it very unreliable and corruption prone though, no?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, ejecting the card while cycling games is not recommended.
I made an assumption that the "current game" to display and launch is stored on the SD card's boot sector. we just need to verify if that's correct and if it can be set manually. in that case, editing the game on PC or creating a 3DS homebrew to edit the "game to display" could be created.
it's only a possibility, I don't know how the card really work.

Reactions: Margen67 and Danjal

kisamesama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the 10 games limit on the sky3ds.. it allows you to put 10 games max on the flashcart right? you can change the 10 games if you want right? (i.e. put 10 new games when you have played the 10 that were already on the cart)

Danjal

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the 10 games limit on the sky3ds.. it allows you to put 10 games max on the flashcart right? you can change the 10 games if you want right? (i.e. put 10 new games when you have played the 10 that were already on the cart)
No, the current limitation is 10 games per card - final.
It locks in 10 games and won't load others 'out of the box'.

While some people found tricks to work around it, they're not necessarily stable and supported by the creator of the cards (use at own risk)

Reactions: Margen67

kisamesama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, the current limitation is 10 games per card - final.
It locks in 10 games and won't load others 'out of the box'.

While some people found tricks to work around it, they're not necessarily stable and supported by the creator of the cards (use at own risk)

ah ok that kind of sucks... lol so they did made this intentionally.... for money.. I thought it was some kind of limitation for online play or something

Reactions: Margen67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries