jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
DSi

I sold my Wii and used the funds to get a DSi a couple years ago... What a fucking waste. Ended up selling that and getting a PSP (which I slightly regret getting rid of...). Preferred my black DSlite to my DSi by leaps and bounds. Handheld gaming just seems like a joke to me. I play games for immersion, and that just doesn't happen on a 4" screen... The only thing they're remotely good for are puzzle games (puzzle quest, bejeweled, etc...) and mind-numbing RPGs (when you'd like your mind numbed...). I can get all of that from my iPod when I want it...

At least the PSP has good emulators.

so you are telling me you sold a wii console for a dsi/psp? that's just crazy.

Not one but two copies of Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 for the PS3 and Xbox 360 (one each).

why would you punish yourself?....twice?

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me, I would say my PS Vita. It is an amazing system, but it came out of the box (still sealed) with a dead screen. I had just gotten it for my birthday, three weeks after my mother bought it and the store didn't wan't to honor their warranty that was still valid (30-day return/swap the item).

I sent it in to Sony, and they said that it didn't have a screen in it, so I was charged for an entire second system (the one they were going to send back to me)!!!!! After a few hours of "negotiating", I got that charge taken off of my father's credit card, but they then proceeded to send me the console I sent in "as is". IT STILL DIDN'T HAVE A SCREEN!!!

All they did was put a screen protector over the hole and then the entire cycle repeated itself. After three attempts, I finally got a working system, but I couldn't activate my system for any media type (games, videos, etc) because they froze my PSN account, manually overrode the amount of systems activated per media type, and removed the option to "deactivate all systems" for videogames (I had never used it before).

After 4 encounters, I got the new system that they charged us for prior, Sony removed the charge for that system from the credit card, and my account was unfrozen. You can't even pay someone to think up something like that!!!

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
why would you punish yourself?....twice?
I like to see the ugly truth behind what has happened to what used to be my favourite series. And the worst part is I still have to finish Shadow and Silver's story.

As for the second copy, gag gift I sent to someone!

Reactions: TripleSMoon

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
For me, I would say my PS Vita. It is an amazing system, but it came out of the box (still sealed) with a dead screen. I had just gotten it for my birthday, three weeks after my mother bought it and the store didn't wan't to honor their warranty that was still valid (30-day return/swap the item).

I sent it in to Sony, and they said that it didn't have a screen in it, so I was charged for an entire second system (the one they were going to send back to me)!!!!! After a few hours of "negotiating", I got that charge taken off of my father's credit card, but they then proceeded to send me the console I sent in "as is". IT STILL DIDN'T HAVE A SCREEN!!!

All they did was put a screen protector over the hole and then the entire cycle repeated itself. After three attempts, I finally got a working system, but I couldn't activate my system for any media type (games, videos, etc) because they froze my PSN account, manually overrode the amount of systems activated per media type, and removed the option to "deactivate all systems" for videogames (I had never used it before).

After 4 encounters, I got the new system that they charged us for prior, Sony removed the charge for that system from the credit card, and my account was unfrozen. You can't even pay someone to think up something like that!!!
27900118.jpg

Dude that's just... idk what to say. That's the worst customer service I've ever heard in my life.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just remembered one thing, many months ago I downloaded Sonic: Triple Trouble for the VC. I am not sure if I really don't like Sonic games or this games sucks. Irritating music, boring gameplay and where's the speed?

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
DSi

I sold my Wii and used the funds to get a DSi a couple years ago... What a fucking waste. Ended up selling that and getting a PSP (which I slightly regret getting rid of...). Preferred my black DSlite to my DSi by leaps and bounds. Handheld gaming just seems like a joke to me. I play games for immersion, and that just doesn't happen on a 4" screen... The only thing they're remotely good for are puzzle games (puzzle quest, bejeweled, etc...) and mind-numbing RPGs (when you'd like your mind numbed...). I can get all of that from my iPod when I want it...

At least the PSP has good emulators.

Then you made the wrong choice, you should have gone with an XL ( if it was available at the time ) .
I got mine on launch day at the Nintendo world store, they even gave me a commemorative T-shirt...
To this day , my favorite handheld ever!
Sure the PSP might have better emulators, but I really can't stand the screen scaling and slow usb transfer rate.
And the overall PSP retail games catalog is somehow lacking ( for my taste ).
My only regret is that I already played and finished most noteworthy DS games on the DSL, but there are still so many out there, that I'm sure I'll keep playing it for a long time.
And the XL screen is so immersive as it gets for an handheld system.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Just remembered one thing, many months ago I downloaded Sonic: Triple Trouble for the VC. I am not sure if I really don't like Sonic games or this games sucks. Irritating music, boring gameplay and where's the speed?
That game is really bad for a Sonic game. if that's the only Sonic game you tried, then trust me, it's "this game sucks," not just that you don't like Sonic games. :P

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
27900118.jpg

Dude that's just... idk what to say. That's the worst customer service I've ever heard in my life.
I understand that fanboys love Company, and that they hate Company B because of what games they make and the fact that they aren't Company A, but my incident with Sony did turn me into a true "hater". I don't hate they system, but I do hate the people that pulled the antics they did on me.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Third-party SNES controller from years ago. I think it had turbo options, but the quality was so terrible that it barely even worked no matter which switches were set.

Also "Stung Race FX" -- yeah it used the FX chip and had some pseudo-3D graphics far more advanced than Super Mario Kart, but it just never clicked for me. It's one of the few games I traded in to Gamestop.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Third-party SNES controller from years ago. I think it had turbo options, but the quality was so terrible that it barely even worked no matter which switches were set.

Also "Stung Race FX" -- yeah it used the FX chip and had some pseudo-3D graphics far more advanced than Super Mario Kart, but it just never clicked for me. It's one of the few games I traded in to Gamestop.

Should have bought Uniracers instead.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Nintendo DS lite Browser. So painfully slow, and freezes every now and then. I ended up later buying a DSi XL on launch day, and the (free) browser on there wasn't much better.

siliconmessiah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember buying a wireless genesis controller back in 1997. It was one of the worst controllers I´ve ever had.
I never buy 3rd-party controllers anymore.

And yeah, I bought a purple N64 just to play Mario & Zelda at the end of the N64 life cycle. It cost me lots of money and in the rear view mirror, I shouldn´t have bought it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hiiiiii