What one gaming thing you wish you bought in the past?

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Funny, I have a Nomad. :D I bought it on clearance when it was discontinued. That thing ate batteries, but it was still nice to play my Genesis games on the go. I almost bought a Dreamcast, but never did. I wish I had, it was a pretty cool console. But the timing was bad on release, I had just lost my job and needed to concentrate on more important stuff.

Reactions: Flame

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Funny, I have a Nomad. :D I bought it on clearance when it was discontinued. That thing ate batteries, but it was still nice to play my Genesis games on the go. I almost bought a Dreamcast, but never did. I wish I had, it was a pretty cool console. But the timing was bad on release, I had just lost my job and needed to concentrate on more important stuff.

Have you seen the price of a Nomad? I hope not. I mean, ill buy yours of you?

:ha:

Even better, ill give you a Dreamcast exchange?

Reactions: BigOnYa

Mayo1990

I just play vidya
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Console-wise to have aka also play with them? I'd say the GameCube or the Dreamcast. (although I have both nowadays, but it made me miss the magic from back then)

To own? I'd agree on the Nomad, but the TurboExpress is on that list too. If the Nomad (although it wasn't sold in Europe) wasn't as badly optimized as it was I would've used it on almost a daily basis

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have you seen the price of a Nomad? I hope not. I mean, ill buy yours of you?

:ha:

Even better, ill give you a Dreamcast exchange?
LOL, I had no idea they had become so expensive. I must have paid like $50 (canadian) for it, way back when, in a Toys'R Us. I'm pretty sure I even still have the original box. I should check in my old stuff more often. :lol:

• Haha
Reactions: SylverReZ and Flame

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Sega Dreamcast came out. I had one. I also got a game called Seaman that involved you taking care of a fish and being able to talk to it. I did not have the microphone and our local game place couldn't get one so I was unable to play that game until YEARS later when I finally found the OEM Microphone!

That game sucks.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Lol love all the Dreamcast nostalgia. Everyone at the time that I knew always gave me flak for owning mine.

I'd buy the red coca cola branded GameGear. That thing always seemed so much cooler than my GameGear, just cuz it was red.

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Lol love all the Dreamcast nostalgia. Everyone at the time that I knew always gave me flak for owning mine.

I'd buy the red coca cola branded GameGear. That thing always seemed so much cooler than my GameGear, just cuz it was red.

Now I want a Coke GameGear!

Reactions: Chary

Anxiety_timmy

Average Asura
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xenosaga/Xenogears
When I learned about Xenogears's existence it was just before the game spiked like hell in price, but I was way too young to buy a copy on ebay. About 4 years ago I came across a copy of xenogears, perfectly complete and basically mint but I just didn't have the money for it unless I wanted to walk over 16km at night. Xenosaga I did buy when I got the chance to, except for xenosaga 3 which I found at a thrift store when I was probably around 6 or 5 but I had no idea what it was so pffff.

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd probably have bought a brand-new regular sized N3DS when they were still on shelves.

Also, I'd have bought the Collectors Edition of Fire Emblem Echoes.

Mayo1990

I just play vidya
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'd probably have bought a brand-new regular sized N3DS when they were still on shelves.

Also, I'd have bought the Collectors Edition of Fire Emblem Echoes.
What's so special about the New 3DS (non XL)? I bought mine for 100 bucks CIB on a cosplay con last year, did they increase in price or something?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's less about what I wish I bought but more about what I wished to have taken with me. I used to own a mint copy of Rule of Rose and a complete copy of Lunar 2 Eternal Blue Complete Collector's Edition with all parts mint. Sadly, I trusted my ex to not steal these games while they were moving out. That is a mistake I wish I could go back an undo.

• Sad

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
What's so special about the New 3DS (non XL)? I bought mine for 100 bucks CIB on a cosplay con last year, did they increase in price or something?

For some reason, 3DS in general are not going down in price. Some collections are going up.

I mean, 3DS is a cool device and people just don't want to sell it. So demand is still high because of this.

Mayo1990

I just play vidya
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
For some reason, 3DS in general are not going down in price. Some collections are going up.

I mean, 3DS is a cool device and people just don't want to sell it. So demand is still high because of this.
Time to buy another new car, then! brb making a vid about why you absolutely need a New 3DS in 2024 pointing out the homebrew scene

Reactions: orangy57 and Flame

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Time to buy another new car, then! brb making a vid about why you absolutely need a New 3DS in 2024 pointing out the homebrew scene

Honesty. I think it's related to covid. During covid retro and gaming stuff, price went up crazy.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The PlayStation 2, that was quite revolutionary at the time, of which I grew up with.
So, you're one of those people who didn't own a PS2? I always thought that was a myth.:lol:
It's less about what I wish I bought but more about what I wished to have taken with me. I used to own a mint copy of Rule of Rose and a complete copy of Lunar 2 Eternal Blue Complete Collector's Edition with all parts mint. Sadly, I trusted my ex to not steal these games while they were moving out. That is a mistake I wish I could go back an undo.
Far from me the idea of bragging, but besides the Nomad, I also own Rule of Rose. And I would need to check, but it might still be factory sealed, as I don't remember ever playing it. Back then, I was buying games in my local video games shop (which is now closed, sadly), bringing them home, and putting them on the shelf, thinking I'll open it later when I have time to play it. Well, it turns out my backlog was always huge, and time was always something I lacked, so several games went unopened. Then the next console generation came out and I forgot about them. I saw this listing on ebay for the game. That price is absolutely ludicrous. :rofl:

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: Flame and SylverReZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto