Lemmy Koopa

M3 Perfect fanboy
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Ds lite. Dsi came out a month after I got it.
That, and the psp camera. Hardly ever used that crap.

I would have felt the other way around. No GBA or slot-2 devices, and 3DS coming out a few years later. DS-lite would have more purpose than the DSi when the 3DS arrived.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Catastrophic

Perfectly Normal
Trophies
XP
Country
Never buy fake GC controllers, you can buy an original one and will last years, with the same money, you will buy 5 fake ones that will last a day each one (Not joking, once i bought a fake controller and it lasted a day. 1 miserable day. Fake controllers cant hand Melee xDD)
Trust me, I've never even wanted to touch 3rd party controllers after that.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Latiken

GBATemp's Epic Fusion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trust me, I've never even wanted to touch 3rd party controllers after that.
Maybe it's just me but I don't see how 3rd party controllers are really that bad.
I bought a GC controller off amazon. Didn't have the Official Nintendo Seal or Nintendo on the controller.
Sure, sometimes the Analog Stick would get stuck and go in one direction (they suck by the way).
Besides that it was fully functional.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Not exactly the worst but I don't get why I purchased it in the first place.

SgzDo.jpg

s1iO8.jpg

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Now that I really think about it, most Nintendo consoles/handhelds at launch. Got a DS Phat around when it first came out and it sat on a shelf for a least a year and a half until I got more games for it. Got a Nintendo Wii for the family, we played it a bit together but then it gathered dust for a year. Finally hacked it after that, and played a few games I couldn't get a hold of but other than that no one ever used it. My older bro recently took it off my hands. And of course the 3DS, I traded my DSi in for it so got an $80 price drop which was cool, but instantly regretted it. It sat for months until I finally sold it off.

Also the PS Vita at launch as well. At the time no stores had any Memory Cards larger than 4GB so I decided to wait until an 8GB came available, so I couldn't even do anything for a bit. Once I got one, I played a few PSP titles on it and hardly touched Uncharted. Once I got that PSP exploit via some bubble game (which I played a shit ton lol) I used it for GBA/SNES games which was nice. Eventually I sold it to pay for my 12" Subwoofers which I have used infinitely more than the PS Vita

I suppose this isn't necessarily gaming related, but I also got some crap chinese Android tablet for Christmas a few years ago. It wasn't too bad specs wise, had a 1GHZ processor and 1GB of RAM but the touchscreen was absolute shit and didn't work. Luckily I found a nice USB cable so I could use a keyboard to get around and everything and used it as an emulation device but eventually the CPU overheated.

My dad has bought maybe 6 or 7 different off brand Wiimotes, all of which never worked for more than a week.

I'm almost positive I have more, my dad buys a shit ton of stupid stuff whenever he sees a good deal.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it's just me but I don't see how 3rd party controllers are really that bad.
I bought a GC controller off amazon. Didn't have the Official Nintendo Seal or Nintendo on the controller.
Sure, sometimes the Analog Stick would get stuck and go in one direction (they suck by the way).
That would be like saying "I don't see why knockoff chinese counterfeits of Chevy Camaros are really that bad. I bought one, and sure, sometimes the steering wheel would get stuck in one direction and the gas pedal would get stuck to the metal, but besides that, it was fully functional."

Reactions: Felipe_9595

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 3DS. I've found I could have just bought another XL and enjoyed it more. >.> I can't sell it either because I misplaced it's original battery. I hope I can get a Vita soon.

4-leaf-clover

SHSL LUCKSTER :/
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The wii i think.... well i didn't hate it, i just got bored after a while.
Because not many games really caught my attention.. the only 2 games that caught my attention were Super smash bros brawl and Crash of the titans. (Since i'm a big crash bandicoot fan)

Catastrophic

Perfectly Normal
Trophies
XP
Country
Not ALL 3rd party controllers are bad, I remember Logic3 PS2 controllers being pretty good.

loco365

Trophies
XP
The official Nintendo DS Rumble Pack. This crappy thing doesn't rumble at all, it only moves a bit and makes a broken sound. But it only costed like 2€, so I don't care about it anymore (plus, I use a 3DS, and there aren't many games compatible with it).
Makes me glad I have an EZ Flash 3-in-1.

I once got Mach Rider for the NES. I was severely disappointed by it. Also the tablet I got was shit. It lagged like hell and didn't work too well.
I never bought a Virtual Boy (thank God). One of worst things I've bought was the Power Glove.
I've wanted to get a power glove for a cosplay I wanted to do. However, I'd prefer using a broken one over one that still works.

Ethevion

Wannabe Artist
Trophies
Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada
For my PS2 I got the dvd remote for it. It was a pointless purchase. The worst part was that it had the x, square, circle, and triangle buttons on it, because you know, I'm going to try Metal Gear Solid 2 with it. XD

P

pasc

Game.Com

I got it for about £5 at a car boot sale, this was back when I collected anything that played video games. To this day it is still the worst platform I've played on, it came with many games like a horrible port of Duke Nukem 3D, Sonic Jam and RE2.

Ha.... even the GBA Version that was demoed using the Blue Roses Engine looked DAMN much better:

[/quote]

My fail buy... hmm for now I gotta say: Circle Pad Pro.. I planned on using it with KH DDD and didn't use it at all (save for trying it).
I was hoping it could be used for cycling the command but nope.

Maybe it will get some use with Monster Hunter 4

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
**Warning: The text below may piss people off**

The Nintendo 3DS and Street Fighter IV 3D. Why? I can't see 3D effects and if I can't utilize the very thing that makes it its selling point, why own it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hiiiiii