The Ayn Odin2 - worth it for Android games?

ShadowbannedAllstar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm thinking about getting this thing. Not for retro emulation; just for Android games. My phone is ancient (Galaxy S9 Plus), and I've been wanting a gaming phone for a couple of years now, but I never bit the bullet and got one because paying (at least) several hundred dollars for a used ROG phone just to play Android gacha JRPGs seemed dumb.

And now here's a handheld that looks like it has all the specs that a modern, top of the line phone with a 2,000 dollar price tag would have... and it's around the price of a Steam Deck.

Now I'm thinking of just getting this and an inexpensive phone with a headphone jack and an SD card slot, like the Oneplus Nord N30; both combined would cost around the same price as a midrange phone, I could use the budget phone for listening to music and all the non-gaming related apps that I have on my S9+, and I would have a dedicated handheld for Android gaming so I wouldn't tear up my phone by leaving it running for hours, and doing auto battle stuff on it while I watch a movie or do other life stuff.

So, I thought that I would ask other denizens of the forums here. Does this plan make sense to anyone else, or is it the kind of thing that only sounds good in my head?

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
doesn't make sense to me. At least put some other emulators in that thing. I personally don't care for android games... The thing plays nearly anything, you better play switch and gamecube and such!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto