Homebrew Working Wii64/WiiSX forwarders :)

qwertymodo

OP
Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I know it's more than one. I was referring specifically to the NForwarder58 source in the mforwarders svn
wink.gif

marcelotps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thx
biggrin.gif
this helpme a lot.. On wii64 the load to mem2 are really fast now.

I was trying to solve the problem of those emulatores with Ios 58 but found this topic, download the "new" emus and everything works great
biggrin.gif

Thx

qwertymodo

OP
Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
dantemugiwara said:
Thank you.
The forwarder wiisx beta2 works nice, I believe that is imposible.

It's still not possible with the official releases. The problem was simply the fact that the program makes some unsafe assumptions based on things that the HBC always does when loading a program, and if those things aren't ALL done (such as in most forwarders) the program just crashes, because it never checks to see IF those assumptions are correct. Right now I know we've figured out and fixed at least two of these issues in the forwarder itself, but it still isn't perfect and still doesn't set things up quite the way the official releases are expecting. All I had to do was add a few sanity checks in WiiSX itself (things which should have been there in the first place), and it works.

wowwow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you tell me how to compile the sources
or can you pass me only the dol file to put it on my channel because i like more the one i got installed

qwertymodo

OP
Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
You can just extract the .dol from the channel and transfer it (if you just unpack the wad it should be 00000001.app). However, if you don't set the AHBPROT flag and set the launch IOS to 58 in the tmd you'll lose DVD support and the forwarder will run slow.

wowwow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
qwertymodo said:
You can just extract the .dol from the channel and transfer it (if you just unpack the wad it should be 00000001.app). However, if you don't set the AHBPROT flag and set the launch IOS to 58 in the tmd you'll lose DVD support and the forwarder will run slow.
i found another way
i just changed the 00000000.app and pack it with the other app from your wad
but can you tell me how to put the ios 58 and AHBPROT flag?

edit: i was playing with the channels
and i found that the dol you make
i insert it to the channel also you make and it launch it without the sd
this worked with the wii64 i will try with the wiisx later

edit2:nope wiisx doesn't work

qwertymodo

OP
Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
Ah right, I misread your post a bit. If you just want the channel banner from another channel, take 00000000.app from the wad you want and put it into mine, then you'll still have IOS58 and AHBPROT set. Also, I can't guarantee other forwarders will work with this, and you DO need to use the version of Wii64/WiiSX provided in these packages, the forwarders still don't work with the official releases.

wowwow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
qwertymodo said:
Ah right, I misread your post a bit. If you just want the channel banner from another channel, take 00000000.app from the wad you want and put it into mine, then you'll still have IOS58 and AHBPROT set. Also, I can't guarantee other forwarders will work with this, and you DO need to use the version of Wii64/WiiSX provided in these packages, the forwarders still don't work with the official releases.

i didn't use another forwarder
i used the version you provided to make a full channel (load the dol file form the same channel) not a forwarder channel (load the dol file from the SD/USB)
it worked with the wii64
nayps3.gif
but didn't with wiiSX
closedeyes.gif

and the 00000000.app thing
just change it and i have IOS58+AHBPROT flag
but tell me how to put the IOS58+AHBPROT flag in a channel

qwertymodo

OP
Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
Ah, guess I misread twice then. I thought you wanted a different channel banner
tongue.gif
Can't really help you with embedded channels. As I explained, Wii64/SX expect certain things to be set up in place before they are launched, and the absence of these things is the reason forwarders have never worked before. I've added as many sanity checks into the emulators as I could, but some of the effort was still left to the forwarder to set up what it could. Embedded channels are launched directly from the SM and NOTHING gets set up first, and I can't guarantee the result. For the moment, your only options are to load from HBC or from the forwarder channels. If you don't like the splash screen, I can compile no-splash versions of the forwarders if you'd prefer (they would also load faster...). That's about as close as you're gonna get.

wowwow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
qwertymodo said:
Ah, guess I misread twice then. I thought you wanted a different channel banner
tongue.gif
Can't really help you with embedded channels. As I explained, Wii64/SX expect certain things to be set up in place before they are launched, and the absence of these things is the reason forwarders have never worked before. I've added as many sanity checks into the emulators as I could, but some of the effort was still left to the forwarder to set up what it could. Embedded channels are launched directly from the SM and NOTHING gets set up first, and I can't guarantee the result. For the moment, your only options are to load from HBC or from the forwarder channels. If you don't like the splash screen, I can compile no-splash versions of the forwarders if you'd prefer (they would also load faster...). That's about as close as you're gonna get.
its okay i like the splash screen it gives a good feeling
but i like to make my channel with IOS58+AHBPROT because the ones i have uses the DVDX thing
or at least forwarder for the Nes/Snes/Genesis-MegaDrive Emulators

gbatenp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
prove it, and works! ... the forwarder, the emu doesn`t boot for me.

Give me back to Wii menu too.
angry.gif

Your patched version of the emu let me load the isos at least. The oficial doesn't do that.

qwertymodo

OP
Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
wowwow said:
its okay i like the splash screen it gives a good feeling
but i like to make my channel with IOS58+AHBPROT because the ones i have uses the DVDX thing
or at least forwarder for the Nes/Snes/Genesis-MegaDrive Emulators

AHBPROT = DVDX. They are the same thing. The check for whether it is enabled is identical. The only difference is how to enable the access. DVDX used a hidden channel to enable DVD access, where AHBPROT-enabled channels allow for ANY channel with a certain flag set in the tmd (and which doesn't reload IOS) to do the same thing.

QUOTE(gbatenp @ Jan 6 2011, 12:25 AM) prove it, and works! ... the forwarder, the emu doesn`t boot for me.

Give me back to Wii menu too.
angry.gif

Your patched version of the emu let me load the isos at least. The oficial doesn't do that.

Huh?

qwertymodo

OP
Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
gbatenp said:
yeah, i couldn't load isos on wiisx for unknown reasons. Maybe my file was broken, i'll download again and try.

I won't be able to fix anything for awhile, but I need to know a few things.

-Did you use the wiiSX binary in the download I provided?
-Did you try deleting the settings file?
-Did you install to SD or USB?
-Were the ISO's on SD or USB?

To be honest, I only really tried installing wiiSX/ISO's both to USB. I think I also tested with wiiSX on SD but I don't remember if I ever tried loading a game. I know if you try to use the official release of WiiSX you will have exactly the issue you described, with the emulator loading correctly and failing to load games. Be sure you're using the .dol provided.

feola

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tnx for this forwarder is the first of many i have tried that has worked..

i usualy go to my local swedish forum for help, but as soon as it involved a little more advanced question , then nobody had an answer..

i guess i should have come to this forum right away

--- tnx again,...

feola

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
any one else having problems exiting the Wii64 mod?

When i exit the emulator, then my wii crashes(black screen and wiimote dont work)

too bad cause. Its the first fix that is working for me to load and to save from usb .. But i cant have it crashing every time i quit using it ..So i guess i will have to remove it ....

Damn! Cause i realy enjoyed the animated icon on my channels

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
feola said:
any one else having problems exiting the Wii64 mod?

When i exit the emulator, then my wii crashes(black screen and wiimote dont work)

too bad cause. Its the first fix that is working for me to load and to save from usb .. But i cant have it crashing every time i quit using it ..So i guess i will have to remove it ....

Damn! Cause i realy enjoyed the animated icon on my channels

I have the same issue.

Forwarder channel works fine and games load just fine but when exiting wii64 all i get is a black screen.

EDIT: If i use the boot.dol that is included with the forwarder channel then the games load
fine and exiting wii64 takes me back to the wii menu no problem at all.

Now if i use the version of wii64 found below i just a black screen when trying to exit wii64.

http://gbatemp.net/t295936-wii64-and-wiisx...ved-usb-support

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter