OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
article-0-0D4B7C3B00000578-841_233x291.jpg
A crazed woman ran over her boyfriend twice leaving him brain damaged because she thought he'd cheated her at a computer game.

Erin Slingsby, 20, ploughed into boyfriend Kane Charles as he stood in front of her car after she'd stormed out of his house in Doncaster after an argument over the video game.

Mr Charles, also 20, managed to drag himself to his feet, but as he staggered towards his home, Slingsby mowed him down a second time.

He collapsed and woke up in hospital with a fractured skull and bruising to his brain, Doncaster Crown Court was told.

Mr Charles, a plasterer, faces years of rehabilitation and suffers from memory loss, impaired concentration, mood swings, constant headaches, and dizzy spells which means he can no longer work.

Ian Goldsack, prosecuting, told the court the couple had been in a relationship for two years before the incident in 2009.

He said Mr Charles had followed her outside to give Slingsby her phone and had stood in front of the car to prevent her driving off, but the vehicle jerked forward, he fell back and hit his head on the road.

The court heard how despite feeling dizzy Mr Charles got up and started to walk back to his house but Slingsby turned the car around and he was hit for a second time.

Mr Goldsack added: ‘The next thing he knew he was waking up in hospital.’

Slingsby returned to the scene of the collision but denied any involvement and said Mr Charles had fallen or been hit by another car.

A year later she admitted to a friend and to her brother. That she was responsible. Slingsby, from Doncaster, pleaded guilty to dangerous driving.

She was sentenced to 11 months in a young offenders' institution.

Slingsby was also handed a two year restraining order banning her from making contact with Mr Charles and a three year driving ban.

Judge Jacqueline Davies said: ‘It was an extremely serious incident and has grave consequences for Mr Charles.

‘He suffered serious head injuries with almost certain long term implications.’[/p]
icon11.gif
Source

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
I suppose things would go down differently if the genders were swapped. A man running over a woman twice the same day over a videogame would be thrown in a psyche ward anyday.... Double moral society standards.........

naved.islam14

Gbatemp's Official Dark Knight™
Trophies
XP
Country
These days people go nuts over things game related, the next thing we know is that you will get a fine if yuo don't walk properly.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
She is not only ugly, she is incredibly fat. If he isn't ugly and fat as well, I understand why he cheated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Megatron "Prime why throw away your life!" Prime "How do I think I got these gold rims!!!"
    Autobots roll some blunts and smoke out!
    Channel 69 news "Last night someone stole several cars and a semi truck loaded with drugs from the police impound lot!"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i'mma @ juan in the joke thread and say "hey juan i call your mom dwayne the way she rock my johnson"
    Prowl was the autobots inside man... lol
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Is GBAtemp being a sluggish turd for anyone else today, or just me..?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, No, works fine.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope your weekend's great. :)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    My friend found this the other day. Courtesy of @Kaoid
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Sylveon popping out of a DS lite.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    pretty decent considering
    +1
    just under 2 weeks orso before the new harddrive arrives
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, How's that hard drive recovery project going?
    which one
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, You mentioned that you have a new hard drive coming.
    yeh in 2 weeks orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Do you have a NAS storage?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    illmatic
    39 TB server
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Jeezus. 39TB sounds like a significant investment of time.
    meh, more of a I need to add bigger drives all the time
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: meh, more of a I need to add bigger drives all the time