Wireless SNES & Ness contolers for Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Edwii, Dec 27, 2007.

Dec 27, 2007
  1. Edwii
    OP

Member Edwii GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    So, what i want is a pair of snes, nes, and maybe even N64 controllers to plug into the game cube ports. I want that classic look and feel quite a bit, If some one could make these id be willing to pay quite well for the service. any one know any leads?

Who else wants these to be made? [​IMG]

2. Shinster

Member Shinster GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
  3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    There was a few 64 to GC adapters and I dare say it would not be overly difficult to repurpose a classic/standard GC controller (the hardest part would probably be creating "floating" sections needed to rearrange the sticks/buttons.

64 to PS1: http://www.jandaman.com/Merchant2/merchant...tegory_Code=N64
    (Jandaman has been known to jump across the border to post stuff as he is based just outside Seattle, WA)
    Hori "arcade" controller:
    http://www.hori.jp/items/detail.php?id=576 (apparently was set for a November release but I do not know)
    A PS to GC adapter.
    http://www.jandaman.com/Merchant2/merchant...ategory_Code=GC
    I am sure a quick scan of various other sites will bring stuff up, I just had that open in my browser.

Edit: Shinster beat me to it with better links.

4. Seraph

Member Seraph GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Well, he's looking for wireless isn't he? I thought I remember Hori was going to release their own wireless SNES VC controller, or maybe it was something else. Also remember seeing controllers being made into wireless, but I don't think they were for the Wii/GCN.

5. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Sorry about that, I forgot that when answering the question. I guess it could be possible to slice up a wavebird (if you can find one that is) or if you are feeling a bit more adventurous design an IR/RF transmitter for a standard one (kits do exist).

6. Sir VG

Member Sir VG GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
  7. science

Member science science rules

Canada
    Shit this is awesome. I was trying to play Super Mario World with a GC controller and it sucked, so I had to pull out the ole SNES. This could make my life alot easier!

8. Edwii
    OP

Canada
    I was thinking id be more then happy with just wireless SNES controllers (ir consolers suck from what iv seen) any way, using the game cube controller port would be ideal because all VC games use game cube controllers, and i don't really use the VC because of my big SNES emulation disk, which ONLY supports game cube controllers.

i think the best way this could be done is as stated up top, hack a pair of wave bird or 3rd party wave bird controllers and modify old SNES controllers. id be willing to pay up to 150 for a pair if it was done professionally, the only extra button/stick it would need(for thos who are familiar with the current snes9x for the Wii/game cube) is a C button to toggle from in game to emulator screen

9. Kiljaeden

Member Kiljaeden GBAtemp Regular

Australia
  10. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    it's somewhat relevant for me to post here.

I would also personally love an N64 adapter to use on wii (or gamecube, whatever). However google is showing no signs that anyone has actually attempted one before.

11. laurenz

Member laurenz GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    I've seen a N64 to gamecube controller before. I'll search it for you.
    here you go, a page all about converting NES, SNES and N64 controllers into gamecube input.

12. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    ahh, thanks for digging that up.

although i'm not confident i have the expertise to build an adapter [​IMG]
    haven't seen any premade ones around for sale.

i think i might just give up on it, i'm just scared of abandoning my trusty n64 controller schemes lol

13. Kiljaeden

Australia
    Would it be possible to use a N64 to USB adapter through the Wii's USB ports in the back? That would add a whole new dimension to the Wii if that worked.

14. ubersk8kid

Newcomer ubersk8kid Advanced Member

Canada
    Thats a good idea, but wouldn't you have to have a modded wii to do this? you cant just plug any USB thing into it right? Nintendo would have to come out with some update to support this kind of USB adapter (doubt)

15. Kiljaeden

Australia
    Well I know that XP has built in drivers for the USB to N64/PS2 that I'm using. Maybe they would just need to create an update, including those drivers for use in VC channel?

16. Edwii
    OP

Canada
    hmm nice thing you dug up thier mate, id buy one of thos if they work with a North Amiercan Wii, im pretty positive it would. any guesses? i wonder how you buy them?

17. ArAcHnId

Newcomer ArAcHnId Member

Belgium
    You don't buy them, THEY BUY YOU !!! *add drastic oooohhhh sound*

18. Dio

Member Dio WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

United States
    Joystiq had an article on those Super Famicom controllers, and I think Japanese club members had to get a minimum number of points before buying them =/

This is why we can't have nice things.