Does the GameCube Controller Port Have Any OG Xbox or USB Female Adapters?

bingbingBOPOMOFO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Hi. I recently purchased a special kind of Arcade Stick controller called a HitBox. The controller is USB-wired connection only, with no option for wireless Bluetooth technology. It basically functions as a PS4 / Switch USB controller. In order to get this controller to work with my Series X I had to get a Brook Wingman XB2. It's basically an adapter that will let PS4 wired controllers work on any Xbox Controller. My goal is to get this controller to work on original GameCube / Wii controller ports.

My current line of thinking is daisy chaining about 4 adapters:
  1. Thanks to user @portugeek from this thread back in 2014, I know we can daisy-chain together a Cube Joybox (GC to PS2) and a XP Joy Box (PS2 to Xbox).
  2. Use a generic Xbox to USB adapter like this one from Amazon.
  3. Then use the Brook Wingmnan XB2 Connector.
So, I wanted to ask:
  1. Does anyone know where I still might be able to buy the Cube Jobox and XP Joybox adaptors?
  2. Has anyone else tried something like this so convoluted? If so, did you experience any issues?
Thanks for any and all answers!

Reactions: cearp

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I know of the BlueRetro but, as the name implies, it's Bluetooth HID to GC Joybus...
It is however based on an open source project, I suspect adapting it (the project, not the product you can buy on aliexpress) for a wired controller will not be a major project but it certainly won't be "copy and paste this code into the file and recompile it" either...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh boy psi posted a ltt video +1