Edwii

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So, what i want is a pair of snes, nes, and maybe even N64 controllers to plug into the game cube ports. I want that classic look and feel quite a bit, If some one could make these id be willing to pay quite well for the service. any one know any leads?

Who else wants these to be made?
wink.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There was a few 64 to GC adapters and I dare say it would not be overly difficult to repurpose a classic/standard GC controller (the hardest part would probably be creating "floating" sections needed to rearrange the sticks/buttons.

64 to PS1: http://www.jandaman.com/Merchant2/merchant...tegory_Code=N64
(Jandaman has been known to jump across the border to post stuff as he is based just outside Seattle, WA)
Hori "arcade" controller:
http://www.hori.jp/items/detail.php?id=576 (apparently was set for a November release but I do not know)
A PS to GC adapter.
http://www.jandaman.com/Merchant2/merchant...ategory_Code=GC
I am sure a quick scan of various other sites will bring stuff up, I just had that open in my browser.

Edit: Shinster beat me to it with better links.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, he's looking for wireless isn't he? I thought I remember Hori was going to release their own wireless SNES VC controller, or maybe it was something else. Also remember seeing controllers being made into wireless, but I don't think they were for the Wii/GCN.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry about that, I forgot that when answering the question. I guess it could be possible to slice up a wavebird (if you can find one that is) or if you are feeling a bit more adventurous design an IR/RF transmitter for a standard one (kits do exist).

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Shit this is awesome. I was trying to play Super Mario World with a GC controller and it sucked, so I had to pull out the ole SNES. This could make my life alot easier!

Edwii

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I was thinking id be more then happy with just wireless SNES controllers (ir consolers suck from what iv seen) any way, using the game cube controller port would be ideal because all VC games use game cube controllers, and i don't really use the VC because of my big SNES emulation disk, which ONLY supports game cube controllers.

i think the best way this could be done is as stated up top, hack a pair of wave bird or 3rd party wave bird controllers and modify old SNES controllers. id be willing to pay up to 150 for a pair if it was done professionally, the only extra button/stick it would need(for thos who are familiar with the current snes9x for the Wii/game cube) is a C button to toggle from in game to emulator screen

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
it's somewhat relevant for me to post here.

I would also personally love an N64 adapter to use on wii (or gamecube, whatever). However google is showing no signs that anyone has actually attempted one before.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
ahh, thanks for digging that up.

although i'm not confident i have the expertise to build an adapter
frown.gif

haven't seen any premade ones around for sale.

i think i might just give up on it, i'm just scared of abandoning my trusty n64 controller schemes lol

Kiljaeden

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Would it be possible to use a N64 to USB adapter through the Wii's USB ports in the back? That would add a whole new dimension to the Wii if that worked.

ubersk8kid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.prizerebel.com
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Would it be possible to use a N64 to USB adapter through the Wii's USB ports in the back? That would add a whole new dimension to the Wii if that worked.

Thats a good idea, but wouldn't you have to have a modded wii to do this? you cant just plug any USB thing into it right? Nintendo would have to come out with some update to support this kind of USB adapter (doubt)

Kiljaeden

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well I know that XP has built in drivers for the USB to N64/PS2 that I'm using. Maybe they would just need to create an update, including those drivers for use in VC channel?

Edwii

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

ArAcHnId

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't know whether it's wireless or not, but Playasia are allowing pre-orders for the SNES controller manufactured by Nintendo. It's a Nintendo Club Limited Item so no idea what the cost will be.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-113-49-en-70-2f4f.html

hmm nice thing you dug up thier mate, id buy one of thos if they work with a North Amiercan Wii, im pretty positive it would. any guesses? i wonder how you buy them?

You don't buy them, THEY BUY YOU !!! *add drastic oooohhhh sound*

Deleted member 110780

WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joystiq had an article on those Super Famicom controllers, and I think Japanese club members had to get a minimum number of points before buying them =/

This is why we can't have nice things.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."