ROM Hack [WIP] Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns - True Love Edition Patch

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of pure laziness, I decided to try just using layeredfs and... strangely, it seems to be working? It isn't freaking out at the presence of mushroom logs on my farm. I'll keep playing and post updates if I run into any other crashes with layeredfs, but this seems promising. Luma might've fixed whatever was causing the issue in an update at some point.
If that’s the case then it’d be a huge relief. Please let me know if you do end up getting any crashes, especially if they’re in your farm!

ValiantChan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
If that’s the case then it’d be a huge relief. Please let me know if you do end up getting any crashes, especially if they’re in your farm!
Hm, so I did get two crashes when opening the journal. The extra annoying thing is that it's a very inconsistent crash and didn't happen every time I opened the journal, so I don't know what other factors could cause it. Neither crash affected my save file either. I'll play a bit more, it could just be because of cheats.

Last edited by ValiantChan,

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm, so I did get two crashes when opening the journal. The extra annoying thing is that it's a very inconsistent crash and didn't happen every time I opened the journal, so I don't know what other factors could cause it. Neither crash affected my save file either. I'll play a bit more, it could just be because of cheats.
Since you’re using cheats I’d blame those crashes on them, but it’s hard to tell because they’re not consistent.

You can try turning off all your cheats before saving and see if that stops it, but some cheats can linger even after you turn them off so you may still experience it. Thanks for keeping me updated!

Reactions: ValiantChan

ValiantChan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Haven't encountered any more crashes thus far, but I just wanted to note that after going steady with Wayne, Stephanie congratulated me on dating Lisette lol

ETA: I also occasionally get ellipses when I talk to Wayne at yellow heart.

Last edited by ValiantChan,
Reactions: Silrae

SilviaWayne

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi! I just started the game.... I would LOVE this mod for the european (EU) version of the game... Could it be possibile?
For the dialogues, I would easily translate them for you in my language (italian)

dvrus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, love this patch. just wanted to let you know the game crashes when i try to activate my wedding anniversary with ludus (this save file is from pre-patch, so not a same sex marriage.) don't know if this is an issue with previous save files or if opposite sex marriage causes the issue in this patch, or if it's just ludus in general being bunk... either way, letting you know.

thanks for the patch.

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, love this patch. just wanted to let you know the game crashes when i try to activate my wedding anniversary with ludus (this save file is from pre-patch, so not a same sex marriage.) don't know if this is an issue with previous save files or if opposite sex marriage causes the issue in this patch, or if it's just ludus in general being bunk... either way, letting you know.

thanks for the patch.
Thanks for letting me know. There aren't supposed to be issues with opposite sex marriage with this patch, but since I really only test with same gender marriages, I wouldn't be surprised if this has been a bug I just never noticed.

I'll look into it when I can but I can't give a certain date for a fix. In the meantime you can try using Luma's layeredFS to install the patch instead so you can easily turn it off when you want to play your other save files without problems.

dvrus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for letting me know. There aren't supposed to be issues with opposite sex marriage with this patch, but since I really only test with same gender marriages, I wouldn't be surprised if this has been a bug I just never noticed.

I'll look into it when I can but I can't give a certain date for a fix. In the meantime you can try using Luma's layeredFS to install the patch instead so you can easily turn it off when you want to play your other save files without problems.

Thank you for the quick reply. Is it possible to do this if you've already installed it as a patch with FBI? I'm pretty new to using a modded 3DS in general, so thanks for letting me know this for future use.

defenderofstories

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to bother! I'm completely new to modding and I've been trying to install this patch for a while. From what I understand, the CIA isn't available for download because "that ISO site" is down, and the options for downloading the patch are 1) rebuilding the CIA or 2) using luma's layeredfs.

I tried rebuilding the CIA using the instructions in the OP, but I think I'm doing something wrong because I'm totally new to this and don't really understand what I'm doing haha. So I want to try layeredfs, but the OP says that layeredfs is no longer supported as of v.5.0. There have been some posts in this thread since then where people were using layeredfs, but I'm confused as to how to do that is v.5.0 isn't compatible? Is there anywhere to download earlier versions of this patch?

Sorry if any of these questions are dumb or simple, I'm trying my best to follow all the instructions/information but I'm a little lost.

pilladoll

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Sorry to bother! I'm completely new to modding and I've been trying to install this patch for a while. From what I understand, the CIA isn't available for download because "that ISO site" is down, and the options for downloading the patch are 1) rebuilding the CIA or 2) using luma's layeredfs.

I tried rebuilding the CIA using the instructions in the OP, but I think I'm doing something wrong because I'm totally new to this and don't really understand what I'm doing haha. So I want to try layeredfs, but the OP says that layeredfs is no longer supported as of v.5.0. There have been some posts in this thread since then where people were using layeredfs, but I'm confused as to how to do that is v.5.0 isn't compatible? Is there anywhere to download earlier versions of this patch?

Sorry if any of these questions are dumb or simple, I'm trying my best to follow all the instructions/information but I'm a little lost.
Same Here! I was searching for this, and now that iso site is dead

bungiefan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should be supporting LayeredFS, or at least providing instructions for dumping your own cartirgde, not directing people to a piracy site (even a dead one) or telling them to pirate updates instead of using the eShop.

Almost_Human

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah! I was so excited when I saw this thread had activity.
I'd love instructions on how to get this up and working again, either through LayeredFS or other means since I remember trying the methods in the OP last year and failing.

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should be supporting LayeredFS, or at least providing instructions for dumping your own cartirgde, not directing people to a piracy site (even a dead one) or telling them to pirate updates instead of using the eShop.
Excuse me? Please don’t try to lecture me. LayeredFS was what this hack initially used, but it caused problems that would crash the game unexpectedly with no solution. I had to rebuild the patch completely to find a new installation method because LayeredFS wasn’t working as it should have. The update is also a free update. I would have gladly uploaded it onto here if it wasn’t against the rules, but unfortunately as it is using that site was my only choice.

There are also instructions in the OP on how to make the CIA yourself with your own dumped version. I’m sorry I can’t hold your hand throughout the entire process.

Ah! I was so excited when I saw this thread had activity.
I'd love instructions on how to get this up and working again, either through LayeredFS or other means since I remember trying the methods in the OP last year and failing.
It should be pretty easy to go back to using LayeredFS. All of the patch files are included in the download in the OP. You just have to put those files in the layeredFS folder and turn it back on. I’d also recommend updating Luma if you haven’t in a while.

Last edited by Silrae,

bungiefan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a moderator of the 3dshacks subreddit, and there is a no piracy rule there. I came here because of that, and my complaint is from that view. People asking about the patch and posting the link to here, directing to a piracy site for the update, makes me have to remove the question. I don't need an increased work load on my moderations because a translation isn't done legally.

https://3ds.eiphax.tech/piracy.html

Even though updates are free, they are still copyrighted, and thus they are piracy to distribute unofficially, thus the people using the patch need to have eShop access to get it. That means you make a version that doesn't need the update, for people without the right region firmware, or you point them to dump it from a Japanese system themselves.

The Dai Gyakuten Saiban translation figured a way to do it without requiring piracy.

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a moderator of the 3dshacks subreddit, and there is a no piracy rule there. I came here because of that, and my complaint is from that view. People asking about the patch and posting the link to here, directing to a piracy site for the update, makes me have to remove the question. I don't need an increased work load on my moderations because a translation isn't done legally.

https://3ds.eiphax.tech/piracy.html

Even though updates are free, they are still copyrighted, and thus they are piracy to distribute unofficially, thus the people using the patch need to have eShop access to get it. That means you make a version that doesn't need the update, for people without the right region firmware, or you point them to dump it from a Japanese system themselves.

The Dai Gyakuten Saiban translation figured a way to do it without requiring piracy.
Sorry to be blunt, but your subreddit is of no importance to me. You signed up to be a moderator and remove posts that don’t follow your forums guidelines. It does not impact me in any way that you have “an increased work load”.

I also do not care if you view my hack, which isn’t at all translation by the way, as illegal simply because I had to use a piracy site as a last effort attempt to host it. There is an installation method in the OP that does not require you to go to that site at all, and anyone who would rather avoid it have the option to.

The Dai Gyakuten Saiban translation was made by a team over the course of years. I am a single person with a busy life outside of this. They made their own patching system and payload to use along with Luma. Not only do I not have the time to learn how to do something like that, but I also see no need to. It’ll just further complicate things for everyone.

I honestly do not appreciate you accusing me of piracy and trying to boss me around to add extra work load to MY life, in order to decrease yours in a site I have never used or posted on. I couldn’t care less if my hack isn’t able to be posted on your subreddit. There are plenty of other ways to find it, Google being the simplest and least opinionated way.

If it impacts your life that much, you’re more than welcome to download the patch files and create a similar patching system to the Dai Gyakuten Saiban translation. Either way, I won’t be responding to you again.

NicheGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Imagine being that selfish and self-important that you could try to hijack someone else's thread just to try and bully the author into making their life more difficult just because 'I don't like the method you used'. This isn't the 3dshacks subreddit, you have no authority here, you made your opinion known and nobody's on your side. The fact that you felt entitled to complain about a wonderful hack that Silrae's put countless hours into making, for free, for everyone to enjoy, is just really sad and appalling. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The rest of us appreciate your hard work, Silrae.

CadenReese98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I'm super lost :( i tried rebuilding the cia but ctr tool or makerom does not open. Does anyone have the update cia with the TLE patch already? Thank you

or can someone tell me what terminal to use

Last edited by CadenReese98,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
    Sheeba- @ Sheeba-: I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro