United States
Reactions: Silrae

Sias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I'm just popping in here to confirm that I am in fact not dead, just kind of crushed by my current practicum. It's terribly organized and far more work than anyone had expected, which is why I basically lost most of my free time. I'm halfway through this abomination however, so while I won't really be doing much of anything for the next two weeks, you can except me to return after that.

I actually used the last PAPA file and the one before that, because the PAPA file can't be too long or the game will start to crash. Since I edited those two, I had to repoint the last PAPA file and change the length in the xbb's pointer table. The second to last PAPA file is where all the overworld dialogue is! I think I ended up editing over 500 dialogue for that, it was definitely the most time consuming, and yes I've edited the scripts for those too.

The eur rom's scripts are actually exactly the same to the usa rom, so all I have to do is add them to the files when I release the next patch. I added them to this post for you, but the only thing that may be a problem is that the scripts might need revising for your edits. I actually wouldn't mind editing them for you if you'd rather not do it.
Also, how did you determine what the max possible length for a PAPA file is? Is there any explicit threshold that you figured out or did you just add all the overworld messages to one file and the event dialogue to another?

Regarding the editing of the script files - I dunno, but I feel that it should be your choice really? While I would obviously be very grateful for your help, I don't really want to pile more work onto you if you're busy anyways, so...
Regardless of that: I checked out the cmn.rar you had attached to your post and am not sure why you included two different Npc.nut files? If I compare it to my own romfs, I find one of them in the Script/Util folder, but none directly in the Script folder itself.

Reactions: peachiecookies

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm just popping in here to confirm that I am in fact not dead, just kind of crushed by my current practicum. It's terribly organized and far more work than anyone had expected, which is why I basically lost most of my free time. I'm halfway through this abomination however, so while I won't really be doing much of anything for the next two weeks, you can except me to return after that.

Also, how did you determine what the max possible length for a PAPA file is? Is there any explicit threshold that you figured out or did you just add all the overworld messages to one file and the event dialogue to another?

Regarding the editing of the script files - I dunno, but I feel that it should be your choice really? While I would obviously be very grateful for your help, I don't really want to pile more work onto you if you're busy anyways, so...
Regardless of that: I checked out the cmn.rar you had attached to your post and am not sure why you included two different Npc.nut files? If I compare it to my own romfs, I find one of them in the Script/Util folder, but none directly in the Script folder itself.

Don't worry about being busy, it's around that time of year where everyone's up to their necks in work. I have finals in about two weeks, so I'll be getting extremely busy very soon too.

You'll know when you've hit the max when your game starts crashing at random times, usually after initiating some dialogue. I never experimented too much with what the actual maximum number is, but I would say try to keep the length under 60000 (in terms of hex). And I don't mind helping with the scripts, it's honestly a lot less time-consuming than editing the xbb file, it wouldn't take too much of my time.

Oh, and yeah that Npc.nut file outside of the Util folder is a dupe. I'm not sure why I put it there, but you can just delete it. The one in the Util folder is in the right place.

peachiecookies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hope everything is going well for you both for development of the patch and otherwise! Do we know if the patch will be completed around the holiday break or so? Thank you!!

Navonod

Luigi from Luigi's Mansion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hope everything is going well for you both for development of the patch and otherwise! Do we know if the patch will be completed around the holiday break or so? Thank you!!
You already asked once already. Don't spam. Also just assume OP is spending time with family for the holidays.

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll do my best to get it finished during break, but I am going to be visiting family in another state for a good portion of it. I'm not sure how much time I'll have to work on the hack, so I can't give any guarantees on when it'll be completed.

Also I just want to say sorry for completely disappearing these last few weeks! Things got a bit hectic during Thanksgiving, and now I have finals in a few days, so I've just been abnormally busy. I'll try to update more on my progress when I actually get something done.

peachiecookies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll do my best to get it finished during break, but I am going to be visiting family in another state for a good portion of it. I'm not sure how much time I'll have to work on the hack, so I can't give any guarantees on when it'll be completed.

Also I just want to say sorry for completely disappearing these last few weeks! Things got a bit hectic during Thanksgiving, and now I have finals in a few days, so I've just been abnormally busy. I'll try to update more on my progress when I actually get something done.

Thank you so much for responding!! Take as much time as you need :) I just wanted to check in again since you've been gone for a little while to make sure everything was going all right. Best of luck with your finals, and I hope you get some good rest afterward during the holidays!!

NicheGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good to see you're still kicking, Silrae. :) Yup, just take your time and enjoy the holidays-- they only come around once a year. I'm available to test should you need help again~

InfernoCondor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there. Thanks so much for making this patch! I haven't personally played a harvest moon/story of Seasons game in a long time, and this patch won me over to finally give it a go.

My spouse, however, has been playing the game. Unfortunately, they are experiencing an ARM11 crash on the Spirit Festival. The game version is 1.1, and the fix for the update has been applied. My friend who is also on version 1.1 has no problems with the spring dancing event, but trying my spouse's save for the Spirit Festival also crashed their game as well.

Here's their save if it helps. Unfortunately, you only have a half hour to get to the festival since they forgot about it, but it's do-able at least.

edit: Actually, it looks like it might be linked to the save file itself? I'm not sure what's causing it. But it seems to crash with major loading screens. For example, skipping the festival and going straight to the farm causes it to crash. I only installed this patch today, and they were on Winter 9.

My friend who started using it on their game in Summer had no problems with their own save (and they even gender changed their character with NTR too lol). However, they are experiencing the same crashes with my spouse's save file.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

upload_2017-12-21_10-30-30.png

Attachments

• festival.zip
    27.9 KB · Views: 75
Last edited by InfernoCondor,

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@InfernoCondor
Is the game updated to 1.1 and does it have the dlc enabled?

I'll try to check your spouse's save soon to see if it's a problem with the hack or if it's only with their save.

InfernoCondor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Silrae
Yeah, the game version is 1.1. I don't own the DLC, but my friend does. It crashes on both of our consoles.

I'm on the latest stable version of Luma. I have the main patch, inari, and alt blue wedding kimono on my console. My friend only has just the main patch on their console.

ShiroVn

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
replace the new files from the update with the old files in the patch

Sorry for the noob question. How do I "replace the new files from the update with the old files in the patch"?

Also, is it safe to use ToT's online features such as trading or visiting the community land with this patch applied?

This is a great patch :D. I'm still new to the whole CFW things so there are many things I still don't know about.

Last edited by ShiroVn,

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the noob question. How do I "replace the new files from the update with the old files in the patch"?

Also, is it safe to use ToT's online features such as trading or visiting the community land with this patch applied?

That was something I was explaining that I would have to do to fix the compatibility issues with the hack and the update.

All anyone with the patch has to do is download this temporary fix to get the crashes from the game's update to stop. An update to the patch will be coming soon that has the fix and some new changes to the update.

As for the online features, I'm not really sure. I've never used them myself, but I've also never had reports of people getting banned with the patch (or without really). Still, I'd be cautious using it. Use it at your own risk.

Last edited by Silrae,
Reactions: ShiroVn

destany1989

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This is a great patch :D. I'm still new to the whole CFW things so there are many things I still don't know about.
i go online with the patch and have had no issues at all

Jesa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
This patch is just for USA version? I want to play it in EUR version, im from Spain, obviously i can´t play it in Spanish if i want to play The True Love Edition, but if at least i can play this patch in EUR version but in english it would be very cool ^-^

Last edited by Jesa,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1