ROM Hack [WIP] Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns - True Love Edition Patch

Jesa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi again! Im playing with the spanish files you gaved me once, and it works. But with 4,1 version and that spanish files, the patch is not actualized. I need the 4.1 patch and an actualized spanish files? Or maybe i did some wrong?

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi again! Im playing with the spanish files you gaved me once, and it works. But with 4,1 version and that spanish files, the patch is not actualized. I need the 4.1 patch and an actualized spanish files? Or maybe i did some wrong?
v4.1 isn't compatible with the EUR or PAL region game, I actually completely forgot to include compatibility in the updates.

It's a good thing you told me before I posted v4.2. I'll add in EUR compatibility with the next update.

Y0shII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Don't worry, I finally managed to fix that bug. Hopefully I didn't miss anything else.

I fixed both the bugs you reported to me, and I'll probably have the next minor update out tomorrow.

Good to know that you manage to fix those bugs, looking forward for the next update.

Skaroy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!! Sorry for the bother, I'm still new to all of this. I installed Luma today just for this patch, along with the NTR Selector (on 3.6) I know it's working because the rainbow is up and everyone has their flowers, but how can I ensure the gender change? I was playing as a girl character and don't wish to start over. Did I miss something or was I supposed to do something? Thank you!

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!! Sorry for the bother, I'm still new to all of this. I installed Luma today just for this patch, along with the NTR Selector (on 3.6) I know it's working because the rainbow is up and everyone has their flowers, but how can I ensure the gender change? I was playing as a girl character and don't wish to start over. Did I miss something or was I supposed to do something? Thank you!
What do you mean by gender change? If you're asking how to change your character into a boy you're going to have to use a cheat plugin.

TLE doesn't swap sprites or genders for any characters, including the player, unless you're using the Inari optional patch which only changed Inari's gender.

Skaroy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean by gender change? If you're asking how to change your character into a boy you're going to have to use a cheat plugin.

TLE doesn't swap sprites or genders for any characters, including the player, unless you're using the Inari optional patch which only changed Inari's gender.

Okay, thank you! :) Thank you so much for the quick answer and the patch btw! I'm really thrilled to use it :)

CatLadyJr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm sorry for yet another message- I'm sure you're sick of me by now- but I can't seem to get Iluka's yellow flower event to trigger?

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm sorry for yet another message- I'm sure you're sick of me by now- but I can't seem to get Iluka's yellow flower event to trigger?
Have you updated to v4.1? That bug should've been fixed already.

Edit: Whoops, wait I just noticed your username. Hm, it's weird that you're still having that problem? Could you not activate Siluka's pink event either?

Last edited by Silrae,

CatLadyJr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you updated to v4.1? That bug should've been fixed already.

Edit: Whoops, wait I just noticed your username. Hm, it's weird that you're still having that problem? Could you not activate Siluka's pink event either?
I'm not dating Siluka, so I don't think I should have access to her pink flower event. I just can't seem to get the next flower event for Iluka to trigger after I started dating her

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not dating Siluka, so I don't think I should have access to her pink flower event. I just can't seem to get the next flower event for Iluka to trigger after I started dating her
Oh sorry, I thought you were someone else who had issues activating Siluka's events. Okay, can you give me another copy of your save?

CatLadyJr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh sorry, I thought you were someone else who had issues activating Siluka's events. Okay, can you give me another copy of your save?
Yes of course. This is embarassing, but I've never actually done so before so if I upload this wrong please let me know

Attachments

• save0.7z
    20.1 KB · Views: 148

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes of course. This is embarassing, but I've never actually done so before so if I upload this wrong please let me know
The save you gave me is corrupted and I can't use it, but I did speed through Iluka's events in a new save and was able to activate her yellow heart event just fine.

I'm not sure what the problem is on your side, are you sure you filled all the requirements? Maybe try taking the constdata from v4.1 and overwriting the file again in your sd card?

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's v4.2, a minor bug fixing update! It adds support for the EUR region, and updated Hamtaro compatibility to include changes from past updates. Full changelog is below, like always.

Download
(Make sure to overwrite old files when you update!)​

The download is a little different this time, I've linked you all to a folder with three different files. The first two are only for the EUR rom, the last one is for USA. The EUR patch also has been split into two different files. The first one will not have any dialogue changes included, while the second has changes, but they're all in English. You can choose for yourself which one you'd rather play.

• Fixed hang during reverse or regular marriage proposal
  • Blessings hang fix is actually included this time
  • Fixed Sealight Night crash that appears after Tototara finishes talking if you are dating someone outside of Lulukoko
  • Hamtaro compatibility patch has been updated to include changes from past updates
  • EUR compatibility is included in patch
  • Title screen now displays TLE v4.2

Regarding the mushroom log crash: I think what may be causing this for certain users is some sort of problem with the use of layeredFS. The only way I can of to solve this is to embed TLE into your rom. You can do this by dumping the v1.1 update with GodMode9, extracting the contents, and rebuilding it with TLE's files included. I'm not sure if this will actually work, and I'm unable to do this for you because I cannot distribute the v1.1 update without breaking Gbatemp's copyright rules. It isn't difficult though, and it shouldn't take a long time with the right tools.

Anyways, that's all. Enjoy!

Jonk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Regarding the mushroom log crash: I think what may be causing this for certain users is some sort of problem with the use of layeredFS. The only way I can of to solve this is to embed TLE into your rom. You can do this by dumping the v1.1 update with GodMode9, extracting the contents, and rebuilding it with TLE's files included. I'm not sure if this will actually work, and I'm unable to do this for you because I cannot distribute the v1.1 update without breaking Gbatemp's copyright rules. It isn't difficult though, and it shouldn't take a long time with the right tools.

I tried this and it worked! There is no rainbow on the title screen but everything else seems to work just fine and I can place mushroom logs without crashing.
I also tried the same with both TLE and the Hamtaro patch, but that didn't work. The game crashed every time I interacted with Hamtaro and at random times while I was at my farm. My guess is that it has something to do with the sounds Hamtaro makes. But that's ok, I'm happy as long as TLE works correctly, I don't really need Hamtaro. Thank you for this patch!

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried this and it worked! There is no rainbow on the title screen but everything else seems to work just fine and I can place mushroom logs without crashing.
I also tried the same with both TLE and the Hamtaro patch, but that didn't work. The game crashed every time I interacted with Hamtaro and at random times while I was at my farm. My guess is that it has something to do with the sounds Hamtaro makes. But that's ok, I'm happy as long as TLE works correctly, I don't really need Hamtaro. Thank you for this patch!
Did you download the EUR version of the patch? The Hamtaro patch folder shouldn't even be in that download, because ubergeek77's Hamtaro patch doesn't have EUR compatibility.

I'm not sure why the rainbow isn't showing up either, I did edit it in. Does the screen look different at all?

Last edited by Silrae,

Jonk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don‘t use the EUR version.
I extracted the contents of the v1.1 patch, added the TLE files and rebuilt it. The title screen shows version 1.1, because of the update, but no rainbow. Everything else works, I see the flowers and the love events, mushroom logs work too.

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don‘t use the EUR version.
I extracted the contents of the v1.1 patch, added the TLE files and rebuilt it. The title screen shows version 1.1, because of the update, but no rainbow. Everything else works, I see the flowers and the love events, mushroom logs work too.
Oh, so you're using the USA rom?

It's still weird that the rainbow isn't showing up, it shows up for me with the edited 1.1 update. Oh well, as long as everything else is working for you, I guess it's not a big deal.

Jonk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes, I‘m using the USA rom.

Maybe I forgot to copy a file or somerhing, I don‘t know. But you‘re right, it‘s really not a big deal.

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I‘m using the USA rom.

Maybe I forgot to copy a file or somerhing, I don‘t know. But you‘re right, it‘s really not a big deal.
Let me know if you run into any other problems. I haven't extensively tested the edited update installation, so I'm not sure if there's any bugs exclusive to it.

Jesa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi! My game freeze when i gift something to Ludus. I can talk with him normal, but when i gift him something, the music continue, the villagers continue walking and the time stop but my character and Ludus stops and no one gift scene is released.
I'm playing with EUR patch.
I don't know if it happends with more villagers.

Last edited by Jesa,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I see your mop and raise you George's mop lol