ROM Hack [WIP] Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns - True Love Edition Patch

CatLadyJr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ValiantChan @CatLadyJr
Do you play with the physical game or digital? It may not have anything to do with your problem, but I'm still curious.

Either way, the problem is probably because the ConstData file was edited and it's interfering with the official update. That would explain why this only started happening after v1.1 was released. Do you two mind renaming the ConstData.xbb and seeing if you still get a crash?
I play with the digital version. I definitely don't mind trying some things to fix the problem! I'm fairly new to this still so sorry if this is a really stupid question, but rename it to what? I can try right now.

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I play with the digital version. I definitely don't mind trying some things to fix the problem! I'm fairly new to this still so sorry if this is a really stupid question, but rename it to what? I can try right now.
You can rename it to anything, really. I usually just add a hyphen at the end like: ConstData.xbb-

Edit: Also it's weird that I'm still not having any issues with crashes, even after putting up a few mushroom logs. I thought that maybe it was only happening with physical cartridges since I use digital, but you're also using the digital version and having crashes. I don't understand why I can't replicate the crash? Things would be much easier if I could.

Last edited by Silrae,

CatLadyJr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can rename it to anything, really. I usually just add a hyphen at the end like: ConstData.xbb-

Edit: Also it's weird that I'm still not having any issues with crashes, even after putting up a few mushroom logs. I thought that maybe it was only happening with physical cartridges since I use digital, but you're also using the digital version and having crashes. I don't understand why I can't replicate the crash? Things would be much easier if I could.
I renamed it and put some mushroom logs down, but the game immediately crashed after exiting farm edit

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I renamed it and put some mushroom logs down, but the game immediately crashed after exiting farm edit
Huh, that's weird. I don't know which other file would interfere with item data. We're going to have to do a bigger search then. Could you rename the "Script" folders and see if you crash? If you still do, try renaming the "Layout" folder too.

CatLadyJr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh, that's weird. I don't know which other file would interfere with item data. We're going to have to do a bigger search then. Could you rename the "Script" folders and see if you crash? If you still do, try renaming the "Layout" folder too.
Unfortunately I got the same result both times. I'm also on an older version of luma, if that would do anything

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately I got the same result both times. I'm also on an older version of luma, if that would do anything
Well, the last file you haven't renamed is the Msg.xbb file, but if there's a crash even with that removed, luma might be the cause of it.

I don't think it's because you're on an older version, though. It might just be the way its layeredfs works? That, or the fact that TLE overwrites some files from the v1.1 update is causing an issue with game patching in general. The best solution I can think to that is just not using game patching at all. I would have to try and make an update cia for the game that only includes TLE's edited files.

Last edited by Silrae,

CatLadyJr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the last file you haven't renamed is the Msg.xbb file, but if there's a crash even with that removed, luma might be the cause of it.

I don't think it's because you're on an older version, though. It might just be the way its layeredfs works? That, or the fact that TLE overwrites some files from the v1.1 update is causing an issue with game patching in general. The best solution I can think to that is just not using game patching at all. I would have to try and make an update cia for the game that only includes TLE's edited files.

Renaming Msg.xbb also didn't fix it, so there's nothing to be done for now? Would it be better to follow the NTR guide and use that version for the time being, or is it just death to all mushrooms?

Last edited by CatLadyJr,

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Renaming Msg.xbb also didn't fix it, so there's nothing to be done for now? Would it be better to follow the NTR guide and use that version for the time being, or is it just death to all mushrooms?
You can try using bootNTR selector instead of luma's layeredfs, but I think you're going to have the same results.

I'll try making a custom dlc soon to see if that fixes the problem, but I've never made a dlc cia before so... I have no idea how this'll go! For now, yeah, no more mushrooms.

You can always use the ctrpf cheat plugin for ToT to spawn yourself some mushrooms if you really need them!

CatLadyJr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can try using bootNTR selector instead of luma's layeredfs, but I think you're going to have the same results.

I'll try making a custom dlc soon to see if that fixes the problem, but I've never made a dlc cia before so... I have no idea how this'll go! For now, yeah, no more mushrooms.

You can always use the ctrpf cheat plugin for ToT to spawn yourself some mushrooms if you really need them!
Ok, thanks for your help!

CatLadyJr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, unfortunately I now have a new problem. After I started dating Iluka, my character freezes whenever I try to talk to anyone else. The game itself doesn't like freeze on a screen, the other characters keep moving in the background, but my character completely freezes up and time doesn't pass

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, unfortunately I now have a new problem. After I started dating Iluka, my character freezes whenever I try to talk to anyone else. The game itself doesn't like freeze on a screen, the other characters keep moving in the background, but my character completely freezes up and time doesn't pass
I, uh, may have accidentally put the wrong file in the last update. Whoops? I really should stop updating TLE in the middle of the night.

Just extract and overwrite the attached file into your romfs folder, and your game shouldn't freeze anymore.

Attachments

• TalkLoveBlessFlow.rar
    2.1 KB · Views: 99

CatLadyJr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I, uh, may have accidentally put the wrong file in the last update. Whoops? I really should stop updating TLE in the middle of the night.

Just extract and overwrite the attached file into your romfs folder, and your game shouldn't freeze anymore.
That fixed it, thank you!

Stroyofseasons

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey just updated to 4.1 but im still getting a black screen after the starlight gala festival before the dlc present section. after i leave the area it goes black but music switches and continues to play. Not sure if it matters but Ludus is always chosen to be my helper. ive tried a bunch of times and its always him theres no other options. is there any way i can fix this so I can continue?

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey just updated to 4.1 but im still getting a black screen after the starlight gala festival before the dlc present section. after i leave the area it goes black but music switches and continues to play. Not sure if it matters but Ludus is always chosen to be my helper. ive tried a bunch of times and its always him theres no other options. is there any way i can fix this so I can continue?
I just checked the file from v4.1, and it's working fine for me. Are you using any cheats from the ctrpf plugin? If you're not, can you upload a copy of your save?

And the helper is always going to be the person you're dating or whoever you have the highest friendship with.

Stroyofseasons

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just checked the file from v4.1, and it's working fine for me. Are you using any cheats from the ctrpf plugin? If you're not, can you upload a copy of your save?

And the helper is always going to be the person you're dating or whoever you have the highest friendship with.

nvm it was on my end just some issues with luma that were fixed with some help of a friend. sorry about that. (also was confused cause online it said the helper was random and i know ludas has been known to crash the beverage fest but im glad to know its highest friendship):yay:

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nvm it was on my end just some issues with luma that were fixed with some help of a friend. sorry about that. (also was confused cause online it said the helper was random and i know ludas has been known to crash the beverage fest but im glad to know its highest friendship):yay:
Oh, ok, you had me worried for a bit there! I'm glad you got the problem fixed.

Y0shII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Hi, after I tried the latest patch it fixed the pink events and also some events (Startlight Gala, have not tried others yet), however after I try to propose marriage or get a reversal proposal when the game changes to the scene when you talk about the marriage I see the conversation from the town elders and after that nothing happens (the game keeps running but there is no more dialogues or any interaction). There is no crash or error message, I have to exit the game by pressing home. I tried twice with two different saves and got the same error (first dating Siluka and now Komari). Included is my save in case that you want to check the issue, I am using the digital version and have not used any cheat, running the patch via luma. Thank you for keep updating this patch and no worries, I can wait for a fix or other solution.

Attachments

• save2.7z
    29.9 KB · Views: 92

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, after I tried the latest patch it fixed the pink events and also some events (Startlight Gala, have not tried others yet), however after I try to propose marriage or get a reversal proposal when the game changes to the scene when you talk about the marriage I see the conversation from the town elders and after that nothing happens (the game keeps running but there is no more dialogues or any interaction). There is no crash or error message, I have to exit the game by pressing home. I tried twice with two different saves and got the same error (first dating Siluka and now Komari). Included is my save in case that you want to check the issue, I am using the digital version and have not used any cheat, running the patch via luma. Thank you for keep updating this patch and no worries, I can wait for a fix or other solution.

I'll look into it. It doesn't seem like it should be too difficult of a fix. I'll try to have another bug update up by the end of this week.

Y0shII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Thanks a lot, I will wait for the next update.

Just to let you know, I tried the Sealight Night event just for curiosity and after Tototara dialog got a crash.... for now on I will avoid those events.

Last edited by Y0shII,

Silrae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to let you know, I tried the Sealight Night event just for curiosity and after Tototara dialog got a crash.... for now on I will avoid those events.
Don't worry, I finally managed to fix that bug. Hopefully I didn't miss anything else.

I fixed both the bugs you reported to me, and I'll probably have the next minor update out tomorrow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0