Homebrew [WIP] SafeSysUpdater

N64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot for the advice, although I'd rather use it as a last resort. My problem with it is that I'm not even sure Cubic Ninja or OoT would work at all, I bought the console just for the occasion, so I don't have any games to test if at least those are still running.

I also heard some games come with an update to 10.1, and prompt you to update before getting to the splash screen (where everything seems to get stuck). Do you think that would be another option?

cubic ninja would work 100%
ocarina of time... only if you have the correct save file for your version (you're partially 9.2, so you'll need to try that and if it doesn't work then the one that applies to your original firmware)

i don't have experience updating the console from a gamepak so I'll let someone else chime in on that, on the surface it seems like a viable option

PorchettaMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
cubic ninja would work 100%
ocarina of time... only if you have the correct save file for your version (you're partially 9.2, so you'll need to try that and if it doesn't work then the one that applies to your original firmware)

i don't have experience updating the console from a gamepak so I'll let someone else chime in on that, on the surface it seems like a viable option
I'm not sure they would work because I'm not sure they would even start. I've seen conflicting reports on the matter from people in my same situation: some had their games working, some didn't, depending on where the downgrade failed. From what I've seen both Ninjhax and OoTHax require you to actually get in-game, so if they also got stuck on the initial splash screen I wouldn't be able to do much.

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Is it possible to downgrade from 9.2 (bad downgrade) to 4.5 using either SafeSysUpdater or SysUpdater?
System Information shows 9.2.0-20U but I believe this was a bad downgrade because all CFW I try to use either reboots the console or gives me black screen. Also the Gateway Downgrade feature does not allow me to downgrade.

So my thought was to either flash it back to 10.3 and then retry the downgrade or try to downgrade all way back to 4.5 using (Safe)SysUpdater.
is it possible? DO I have any other option?

Thx!

reiyu

Canadian, eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
anyone downgraded a JP n3DS with this? i used the package from that iso site for the 9.2 (which is actually 9.1) and it keeps erroring out on 000400100020900.cia.

pretty sure i used the same package file to upgrade my n3DS from 8.1.0-0J to 9.1.0-20J, and i didn't get a brick.

Die Antwoord

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I must've attempted this at least 70+ times by now, I'm still getting the am:u service message.
If I do the check in safesysupdater, and everything passes, should everything go right, eventually?

emmaxd97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried This in 10.0 soft Brick so i had to update my 3ds to 10.4 I installed browserhax and homemenuhax and i went to safesysupdater and i hit Y to check the files and it said all good should i try to downgrade in 10.4

tvall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried This in 10.0 soft Brick so i had to update my 3ds to 10.4 I installed browserhax and homemenuhax and i went to safesysupdater and i hit Y to check the files and it said all good should i try to downgrade in 10.4
you cant downgrade in 10.4. the exploit will never succeed, since it was patched

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
anyone downgraded a JP n3DS with this? i used the package from that iso site for the 9.2 (which is actually 9.1) and it keeps erroring out on 000400100020900.cia.

pretty sure i used the same package file to upgrade my n3DS from 8.1.0-0J to 9.1.0-20J, and i didn't get a brick.
Hi,

This is interesting and strange. Maybe they do update the package on that iso site ? I'll take a look as sson as possible.

Petoboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Worked flawlessly on my European N3DSXL.
Merci cpasjuste
Edit : from 10.3.0-28E to 9.2.0-20E using ninjhax as entrypoint

Last edited by Petoboy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto