Homebrew [WIP]PCHex++ - PCHex with its own gui

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try to trade it on the Wonder Trade or something.
I asked a friend about that. He said wonder trade doesn't check. However when I did trade it went through

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'd try to battle online with it. If you get rejected, it's obviously illegal.
As for some more minor details, PKHex has a legality checker I believe, import the .pk6 and check it.
How do I check it?

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Open the pk6 or save file in PKHeX, the legality indication is at the top.
Huh i dont see a indication.
tmp_3241-IMAG01571927070054.jpg

Chacuano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't know if I'm just dumb or what, but is it possible to edit the totak stat of a Pokemon? Not just the EVs and IVs.
Currently playing Star Sapphire and don't feeling like grinding a level 13 Pokemon to level 30 with only level 10 Plusles lying around.

EatingACookie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a Makuhita and a Patrat that freeze both versions 1.3 and 1.4 when selected. All I have to do is select them for it to freeze and I am forced to hard reset. Both are legit pokemon that I bred myself. Is there a way I can help debug this?

Slashcash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't know if I'm just dumb or what, but is it possible to edit the totak stat of a Pokemon? Not just the EVs and IVs.
Currently playing Star Sapphire and don't feeling like grinding a level 13 Pokemon to level 30 with only level 10 Plusles lying around.

In the game the base stats are fixed and cannot be changed directly. They are only influenced by IV, EV, Nature and Level. You can of course edit the level of your pokemon with PCHex++ so no need to grind.

So I have a Makuhita and a Patrat that freeze both versions 1.3 and 1.4 when selected. All I have to do is select them for it to freeze and I am forced to hard reset. Both are legit pokemon that I bred myself. Is there a way I can help debug this?

That's strange. Can you pm me your savefile dumped with svdt/sdf/jk?

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the game the base stats are fixed and cannot be changed directly.
You can change the stats of pkm in the party; 0-65535. Although, anything larger than 3 digits displays a ?## (?92).
PKHeX allows the user to manually define them in HaX mode, but that data is only present in party sized slots.

Slashcash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You can change the stats of pkm in the party; 0-65535. Although, anything larger than 3 digits displays a ?## (?92).
PKHeX allows the user to manually define them in HaX mode, but that data is only present in party sized slots.

The problem with this approach is that it does not seem permanent. I tried to mess with that section and every modification gets reverted back when a pokemon is deposited into a pc or cured into a center. Probably because that section gets rewritten everytime.

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem with this approach is that it does not seem permanent. I tried to mess with that section and every modification gets reverted back when a pokemon is deposited into a pc or cured into a center. Probably because that section gets rewritten everytime.
Right, box storage stores 232 bytes, while party is 260. That extra party data (28 bytes) stores the battle stats.

Talking to the nurse recalculates them all and clears afflictions.
Depositing puts the 232 bytes into the box, discarding the 28 party data bytes. When withdrawing, it recalculates the stats.

Chacuano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
In the game the base stats are fixed and cannot be changed directly. They are only influenced by IV, EV, Nature and Level. You can of course edit the level of your pokemon with PCHex++ so no need to grind.

Huh, weird, I tried with a recently captured shellos and edited it's level with PCHex from 13 to 29, but all stats barely changed. I'm gonna test something...

EDIT: Alright, finished testing, stats are gained upon the next level up

Last edited by Chacuano,

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys. What's the best way to tell if you made a legit Mon in this?
There are so many factors that deal with legality, that I'm not 100% sure myself. Project Pokémon's Legality forum would be a good place to start if you wanna get into learning all that stuff. What I'd do if I were you is simply edit an in-game Pokémon with the specific details you want. You can go even further and make it a "breeding base," which basically means you'd only use it for breeding, so its offspring would be your end result -- not the one you directly edited. For example, if I wanted a Pixilate Sylveon, I'd catch an Eevee and edit the following on that Eevee:

• Set all IV's to 31.
  • Research what egg moves it legally gets and add those.
    • You can check Bulbapedia or Serebii for this.
    • This is obviously optional and you'd only do this if you want an egg move on your end result.
  • Set its level to 100.
    • This is so that it won't level up and learn new moves while it's in the day care, forcing you to either re-edit its moves or use up a Heart Scale so it can re-learn any moves that were deleted as a result of this.
    • Again, optional and dependent on whether you added egg moves and don't want to lose them.
  • Set the nature to my desired nature.
  • Change the ability to its Hidden Ability.
    • Since Sylveon's Pixilate is a Hidden Ability (HA), the un-evolved form has to have the HA, too
  • OPTIONAL: Set its Pokéball to any legal ball.
    • This is optional because I personally like my Pokémon's caught balls to match their color scheme. I use this spreadsheet to determine ball legality.
  • Change the gender to female if not already. This is for two reasons:
    • Hidden Abilities have a higher chance of being passed down to the offspring if the female in the breeding equation has its HA.
    • The caught Pokéball (if you're ball breeding) can only be passed down by the female.
So once I have my perfect 6 IV female, I'm ready to breed it as many times as I want. If I ever wanted a Vaporeon or another Eeveelution, I'd simply clone this Eevee and only edit the areas I need for my end result, then re-breed. Some people may argue and say that breeding is overkill because as long as allllllllll the different factors are legal, you'd be fine. I just like to go a step further. If the parent is legal, then the offspring will be, too. Plus, I enjoy breeding anyway, so it's no problem for me.

Last edited by IronClouds,
Reactions: Quin452

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are so many factors that deal with legality, that I'm not 100% sure myself. Project Pokémon's Legality forum would be a good place to start if you wanna get into learning all that stuff. What I'd do if I were you is simply edit an in-game Pokémon with the specific details you want. You can go even further and make it a "breeding base," which basically means you'd only use it for breeding, so its offspring would be your end result -- not the one you directly edited. For example, if I wanted a Pixilate Sylveon, I'd catch an Eevee and edit the following on that Eevee:

• Set all IV's to 31.
  • Research what egg moves it legally gets and add those.
    • You can check Bulbapedia or Serebii for this.
    • This is obviously optional and you'd only do this if you want an egg move on your end result.
  • Set its level to 100.
    • This is so that it won't level up and learn new moves while it's in the day care, forcing you to either re-edit its moves or use up a Heart Scale so it can re-learn any moves that were deleted as a result of this.
    • Again, optional and dependent on whether you added egg moves and don't want to lose them.
  • Set the nature to my desired nature.
  • Change the ability to its Hidden Ability.
    • Since Sylveon's Pixilate is a Hidden Ability (HA), the un-evolved form has to have the HA, too
  • OPTIONAL: Set its Pokéball to any legal ball.
    • This is optional because I personally like my Pokémon's caught balls to match their color scheme. I use this spreadsheet to determine ball legality.
  • Change the gender to female if not already. This is for two reasons:
    • Hidden Abilities have a higher chance of being passed down to the offspring if the female in the breeding equation has its HA.
    • The caught Pokéball (if you're ball breeding) can only be passed down by the female.
So once I have my perfect 6 IV female, I'm ready to breed it as many times as I want. If I ever wanted a Vaporeon or another Eeveelution, I'd simply clone this Eevee and only edit the areas I need for my end result, then re-breed. Some people may argue and say that breeding is overkill because as long as allllllllll the different factors are legal, you'd be fine. I just like to go a step further. If the parent is legal, then the offspring will be, too. Plus, I enjoy breeding anyway, so it's no problem for me.
Would breading change the memories for you? Also, How you can you have a eeve with pixelate if they only pokemon you can choose to have pixalte is sylveon. Do you have to level up and evolve a female evee with pixalte? I also thought Hidden abilities came after the normal ones so if that is the case would I have to make a female eevee with the pre-ability max ivs best nature etc to to get it to have pixelate. Also, Couldn't I breed that eevee or pixalte with a hacking max iv ditto and a destiny knot. Or would that back fire?

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would breading change the memories for you? Also, How you can you have a eeve with pixelate if they only pokemon you can choose to have pixalte is sylveon. Do you have to level up and evolve a female evee with pixalte? I also thought Hidden abilities came after the normal ones so if that is the case would I have to make a female eevee with the pre-ability max ivs best nature etc to to get it to have pixelate. Also, Couldn't I breed that eevee or pixalte with a hacking max iv ditto and a destiny knot. Or would that back fire?
You got it; Eevee's HA is Anticipation. When it evolves, the Sylveon would have Pixilate, not Anticipation like it did when it was an Eevee. So set the Eevee's ability to Anticipation, make all the other changes I outlined, then have Eevee hold an Everstone (so it could pass down its nature to the babies) and have a 6 IV Ditto holding Destiny Knot and you'll be all set. I'm not sure what you mean regarding the memories, though.

Reactions: BurningDesire

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You got it; Eevee's HA is Anticipation. When it evolves, the Sylveon would have Pixilate, not Anticipation like it did when it was an Eevee. So set the Eevee's ability to Anticipation, make all the other changes I outlined, then have Eevee hold an Everstone (so it could pass down its nature to the babies) and have a 6 IV Ditto holding Destiny Knot and you'll be all set. I'm not sure what you mean regarding the memories, though.
I feel like now I should just binge a day on the computer program xD make a bunch of competitive teams. Maybe have a weekly ritual xD

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh. Memories are what the Pokemon Competitions use to tell if the pokemon is legit i think

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo