Homebrew [WIP]PCHex++ - PCHex with its own gui

Slashcash

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
New 0.1.4 release. Nothing major, mostly a bugfix for two really obnoxious bugs: ability editing failure (hopefully definitely solved) and the search feature failure for non-english languages with non-ascii character.
I managed to squeeze a couple of new features in, although this release is mostly maintenance.

Anyway, download link in OP or here. As always a HUGE thanks on @dsoldier for his work on the gui, i always think love is not enough. XD

Here's the changelog:

PCHex++ Ver 0.1.4

Editing
  • - Hidden Power editing
  • - Party Pokemon can now be edited
  • - A pokemon can now be made genderless
  • - Form editing added

Importing/Exporting
  • - An entire box can be exported in a .box file by accessing the Multiple Selection Mode (SELECT)
  • - An entire box can be imported by accessing the importing menu (using a .box file)

General
  • - Sleep mode and HOME button implemented
  • - You can now boot english language regardless of the system settings by pressing L at the program's boot

Bugfixing
  • - The search function will now work for string with non-ASCII first character
  • - Shoulderless mode fixed in CIA version
  • - Hidden ability bug editing fixed

I've read every request made in these days, they are all reasonable and they will all come. Unfortunately i do not have a lot of free time in this period and when i have it focusing on programming is not always the first choice, but hey, the program is all alive and healthy.
A couple of specific answers:

The only thing I'm still looking forward is the nickname editing :P
The pretty keyboard is screaming to be used for nicknames editing. The feature will surely be in the next update.

@Slashcash would a wc6 to pk6 importer be possible ?
If you are talking about a .wc6 importer: it is on the way, i had some work done on this feature but left it for the next update since i didn't want to rush it. A direct .wc6 to .pk6 conversion is not in the immediate plans instead (in my mind PCHex++ is to be used for fast on-the-fly editing and not as a PKHex replacer and a conversopm is more of a PKHex job)

Is there a way to see OT/TID/SID info? I can't seem to find that.
Not currently unfortunately. If you are only interested in seeing them (without editing them) @Gocario 's PHBank has this feature. It is in the plans though.

Cool! hey I just note that has language translator. there is a way to choose the language?
If a translation for your language is available it will boot directly into that language (it retrieves it from the 3ds system settings) otherwise it will directly boot into english.
From this new version on you can force the program to boot into english mode by pressing L at boot time. I see you are from venezuela. Isn't it booting directly into spanish?

MsMidnight

part time fe modder
Trophies
Website
camilla.hostfree.pw
XP
Country
New 0.1.4 release. Nothing major, mostly a bugfix for two really obnoxious bugs: ability editing failure (hopefully definitely solved) and the search feature failure for non-english languages with non-ascii character.
I managed to squeeze a couple of new features in, although this release is mostly maintenance.

Anyway, download link in OP or here. As always a HUGE thanks on @dsoldier for his work on the gui, i always think love is not enough. XD

Here's the changelog:

PCHex++ Ver 0.1.4

Editing
  • - Hidden Power editing
  • - Form editing added

Importing/Exporting
  • - An entire box can be exported in a .box file by accessing the Multiple Selection Mode (SELECT)
  • - An entire box can be imported by accessing the importing menu (using a .box file)

General
  • - You can now boot english language regardless of the system settings by pressing L at the program's boot

Bugfixing

I've read every request made in these days, they are all reasonable and they will all come. Unfortunately i do not have a lot of free time in this period and when i have it focusing on programming is not always the first choice, but hey, the program is all alive and healthy.

The pretty keyboard is screaming to be used for nicknames editing. The feature will surely be in the next update.

If you are talking about a .wc6 importer: it is on the way, i had some work done on this feature but left it for the next update since i didn't want to rush it. A direct .wc6 to .pk6 conversion is not in the immediate plans instead (in my mind PCHex++ is to be used for fast on-the-fly editing and not as a PKHex replacer and a conversopm is more of a PKHex job)

Not currently unfortunately. If you are only interested in seeing them (without editing them) @Gocario 's PHBank has this feature. It is in the plans though.

If a translation for your language is available it will boot directly into that language (it retrieves it from the 3ds system settings) otherwise it will directly boot into english.
From this new version on you can force the program to boot into english mode by pressing L at boot time. I see you are from venezuela. Isn't it booting directly into spanish?
good to know. this'll save me alot of wor for the WC6 Downloader which will be coming soon. And why .box instead of pcdata.bin ?

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nice update! Does anyone know how to change the original trainer name? I saw someone say they released it in an old version but I can't find it

Real.96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Here's the changelog:

PCHex++ Ver 0.1.4

Editing
  • - Hidden Power editing
  • - Form editing added

Importing/Exporting

General

Bugfixing

Man, you're great! :D

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I made a quick test.
The alternate forms for Arceus are broken.
I have him with Fairy type (17) and I'm getting a Pinsir with additional horns as the icon.
Also, some additional forms are not changing visually, like the Pumpkaboo evolution (apparently has three forms to choose from) and the icon stays the same.

I could only test that ATM, I'll see what else I can find.
The test was done with 1.4 released today.

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a quick test.
The alternate forms for Arceus are broken.
I have him with Fairy type (17) and I'm getting a Pinsir with additional horns as the icon.
Also, some additional forms are not changing visually, like the Pumpkaboo evolution (apparently has three forms to choose from) and the icon stays the same.

I could only test that ATM, I'll see what else I can find.
The test was done with 1.4 released today.
Fairly certain that Pumpkaboo and Gourgeist always use the same icon as the only visual difference between forms is the size, ranging from small to big.

AceJoker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
- You can now boot english language regardless of the system settings by pressing L at the program's boot
OMG thanks very much!!

- Yes, its boot into spanish, im venezuelan but... I hate the Spanish traslations! I prefer a thousand times English translation.
I think that the Spanish translation is very bad. A neutral translation is best. for example. "Close Attack" is in Spanish actually "A bocajarro" that makes no sense. It is preferable "Combate Cercano"

PD: In addition, since child I am used to play games in English. They were not in Spanish then....

THX xD

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

OH! ....a small suggestion @Slashcash ...

Add a reroll PID number and Encryption constant. Because, if I edit a Ability(ex: Common ability to Hidden Ability) when the pokemon evolve, the same will return to its original ability.

Last edited by AceJoker,
Reactions: akaSM

Quin452

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Unfortunately since 10.7 a lot of hax have been patched, aside from ninjhax which requires cubic ninja and oothax which requires oot and a powersave or a friend, so without them you are pretty much out of luck in running homebrews. If you REALLY want homebrews and custom firmwares you could consider buying a 20 bucks powersave dongle (you can resell it after the process is done) or, if you live in a big city, there is a good chance that you can easily find someone with an already hacked 3ds that can help you installing oothax (it is a thirty second process) in this case asking on specific reddit groups can be a good idea.

Other than this: you can wait for someone to come up with a clever idea on how to find an hax which works on 10.7

Word of advice, getting into hacking your 3DS requires a huge time commitment. And it looks like in your specific situation, you also need to invest in a Powersaves dongle, as well as a physical copy of Ocarina of Time 3D. In addition to all that, there's the process of actually hacking your 3DS. Which, if you don't follow certain parts of the guide exactly can turn your N3DS into a pretty fancy paperweight. In short, if you're willing to do this, you'll need:
  1. A Powersaves dongle.
  2. A physical copy of Ocarina of Time 3D.
  3. A shitload of time on your hands.
  4. A shitload of willingness to hack your 3DS.
  5. A shitload of patience.
If you're willing to do/get all that, then great! A homebrew-enabled 3DS is an awesome thing. Good luck, dude!
Thanks guys :-)

I don't mind having to be patient, and could I fix it if it is bricked?

Also tempted to buy cubic ninja just to hack... but I don't know the steps.

How can it be installed by someone else? (I do have a 2DS as well) :-D

Razor1993

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Great update! Thank you very much for your efforts in your free time! We understand that you Has to work/study.
We Look forward for new Updates to come(hopefully).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker. +1