Homebrew [WIP] List of known bricks due to an attempt to downgrade to 9.2.

Ironknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes I know, that "fix" has been there in the first place, but it still isn't known why it happend, and not all people know this before downgrade. This is why I think it's a good idea to put it in the OP.
Yeah, maybe they should put the fix to the unknown problem in the tutorial. Noobs (cough ME cough) could not know this, and they would brick if they hadn't researched and asked infinite times like me.

Reactions: Bedel

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I know, but they found a fix. Formatting before downgrading prevents a random softbrick, you can still hardbrick when your system crashes while installing NATIVE_FIRM though...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

alright then
"Fix", more like a preventive measure, I suppose

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

BruceJackieJetLeeLiChan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
"@bjt: EU 10.3 N3DS, menuhax 2.1. Shut down his 3DS after staying on the "Rebooting" SysUpdater screen for 10+ minutes."

Hmm.... Unlucky, I did it for a friend and it went to black screen after finishing the downgrade. I shut it down after 1 minute. Turned it on. It stayed at black screen for like 2 minutes, I thought it was bricked. I turned it on and off again about 1 or 2 more time and just waited and it turned on. Guess it had to initialize the new...older firmware.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
"@bjt: EU 10.3 N3DS, menuhax 2.1. Shut down his 3DS after staying on the "Rebooting" SysUpdater screen for 10+ minutes."

Hmm.... Unlucky, I did it for a friend and it went to black screen after finishing the downgrade. I shut it down after 1 minute. Turned it on. It stayed at black screen for like 2 minutes, I thought it was bricked. I turned it on and off again about 1 or 2 more time and just waited and it turned on. Guess it had to initialize the new...older firmware.
Yeah, sometimes the 3DS just wants to give you a heart attack.

Doble-J

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just passing by to ask something:
Is there any difference between the SD you use to downgrade regarding bricks? (I downgrade a long time ago, just asking for clarification)
Just asking 'cos I read that using one of this is safer than using an SD adapter.
sd-card.jpeg

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just passing by to ask something:
Is there any difference between the SD you use to downgrade regarding bricks? (I downgrade a long time ago, just asking for clarification)
Just asking 'cos I read that using one of this is safer than using an SD adapter.
sd-card.jpeg
The SD makes some difference, yes. If you use a SD that's fake or have some problems with the 3DS, it may result in brik. Although, and adapter should not be a problem.

Doble-J

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The SD makes some difference, yes. If you use a SD that's fake or have some problems with the 3DS, it may result in brik. Although, and adapter should not be a problem.

This is just me saying, but I'm sure some bricks happened because of adapters not reading the SD correctly during an important step.

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
This is just me saying, but I'm sure some bricks happened because of adapters not reading the SD correctly during an important step.
Ofc, a good adapter is recommended, not a cheap china knockoff.

ichidansan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there anyway to force which download update from nintendo i get? I was on 9.8-u, downgraded to 9.2. it hung on the "10 second reboot" message after installing 5-7 files. hard shut down, and it says 9.2 but no exploits would work again.
I have an ask post up explaining in more detail.

JayDzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Installed CIA files for O3DS on an N3DS. If full guide was succesfully and someone installs a Game CIA from O3DS it can't brick or anything right?

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
is there anyway to force which download update from nintendo i get? I was on 9.8-u, downgraded to 9.2. it hung on the "10 second reboot" message after installing 5-7 files. hard shut down, and it says 9.2 but no exploits would work again.
I have an ask post up explaining in more detail.
That's a frankenfirmware. Downgrade again. If 9.2 exploits don't work, try 9.8 exploits and payloads. good luck!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Installed CIA files for O3DS on an N3DS. If full guide was succesfully and someone installs a Game CIA from O3DS it can't brick or anything right?
what? They mean the system CIAs (aka OS and its modules) were installed on the wrong system (nothing to do with game CIAS)

ichidansan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a frankenfirmware. Downgrade again. If 9.2 exploits don't work, try 9.8 exploits and payloads. good luck!

I got lucky and thought to try 9.8 OOThax, it totally worked!! used safesysupdater for the downgrade and its modded for homebrew like a charm.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I got lucky and thought to try 9.8 OOThax, it totally worked!! used safesysupdater for the downgrade and its modded for homebrew like a charm.
Why didn't you use PlaiSysUpdater? Any specific reason?

ichidansan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't know about it. I was following a guide when I first softmodded and just followed the steps for the next 2 consoles after it. The pack it included just had sysupdater. So I just used what I found next for replacement

WakingMavUp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
New 3ds xl, ver. 9.4 eur, while downgrading I got an error saying to shut down the console, I did it and the console is bricked.
gg to me

Arceus922

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
New 3ds xl, ver. 9.4 eur, while downgrading I got an error saying to shut down the console, I did it and the console is bricked.
gg to me
Just for typical reasons:
1) was it the correct region and were the files for new 3ds???
2) Did you try recovery mode???
3) which homebrew downgrader did you use
4) which entrypoint did you use
5) what kind of guide did you use (video, plailect guide, gbatemp tutorial,...)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: I'm green da-ba-de-da-ba-die.