Gaming Wind Waker HD

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
At first, I thought it was purely an HD port with added textures and effects like shadows and HDR lighting. Now looking at an actual side-by-side comparison of the town, they seemed to have done more, but I'm still unsure about a purchase if they have it priced as a usual Wii U game. Hearing how the original omitted 2 dungeons or so, if they added those back in (and added faster sailing between islands), then I might consider it.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
At first, I thought it was purely an HD port with added textures and effects like shadows and HDR lighting. Now looking at an actual side-by-side comparison of the town, they seemed to have done more, but I'm still unsure about a purchase if they have it priced as a usual Wii U game. Hearing how the original omitted 2 dungeons or so, if they added those back in (and added faster sailing between islands), then I might consider it.

Well later on in the game the sailing wasn't that bad. Travelling between islands actually went really fast.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not particularly crazy about the excessive shading on the character models, but still, I can't wait!!!

Definitely grabbing a Wii U ASAP and buying this on day one (and reserving it if it has a physical copy)!

And I better finish off Skyward Sword, aLttP, and Phantom Hourglass (all games I'm playing now) so I can devote all my time to his once it arrives!
I prefer the old cell shade look too but think about it, if they released the game with cellshaded graphics again it wouldn't be much different from the GC version, probably the same thing as emulating it in dolphin.
Now it's different though and people who dislike it can just play the original.

I think it's a good decision, looks like a fresh new game that way.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OP should consider a title change.

'Zelda Wind waker HD remake'
Stop people from saying I can render this on dolphin, when this looks better than it.
  • Improved geometry
  • Better resolution on textures
  • Improved and better lighting
  • New character models
  • New paint of coat, sharper colours.

Added to the next page. So everyone can see.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest I'd be more than happy with the game looking exactly how it did before only without the jaggles.

Some of what I've seen in the screens make it look less cell shadey, especially the image with Link & Tetra.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Moi, a 37yo owd codger, came back from work and fired up eurogamer, and actually made a high pitched squeal in front of the missus when I read this hehe...!! Fabulous news, one of my all time fave games - more than worth the dodgy look I got off the missus (you'd have thought I'd spat in her face with the look she gave me LOL)
....And if I start to miss the look of the original game I can still fire that up on my good old Wii anyway! :D

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wind Waker > Pretty much all Zelda games. FACT - scientifically proven.

I haven't been saying it's the greatest game. One of the greatest games, maybe (can't remember), one of the best Zelda games? It definitely is. And how can I say Nintendo is doing such a good job with this, only seen a few screenshots. I'm saying the game looks fantastic and I can't wait to play it, along with many other people. How exactly am I talking about that nobody liked it?

My opinions are facts. DON'T DENY MY FACTS WITH YOUR FALSE OPINIONS!

Oh god please no. This is as much as worse than poketards defending their favorite gens. Please....

On topic though, this is awesome. I loved LoZ:WW and I replayed it lots of times. I'll be honest, while I do not consider it the best for lots of reasons, I enjoyed it more than most other zeldas because of it's timeless graphics and the charmness it gives out. Definetely one of the best Zelda's I've ever played. I also pity those that chose not to play it because of the graphics. Even though it changed much, it is still a zelda game at heart.
Was too easy though for my taste, but that's good. Because it encouraged many people to try out the series, which is also one of the reasons they changed the graphics. XD

Are you sh*tting me?!

I hope they keep all the glitches! I don't wanna have to trudge through the Savage Labyrinth the normal way.
Oh, and f*ck sailing!
That s*** was easy man. U don't need no glitches. XD

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
.-. Why do people put so much emphasis on resolution? A lot of people will be playing it on a Gamepad and it'll look just as good, in its 480p glory.
Actually there's better lighting and post-processing, even at 480P the new one should look superior.

Assuming the "Wii U" screenshots are actual shots of in-game footage... never can know anymore.

D

Deleted_171835

I didn't play Wind Waker on the Gamecube so I'm so stoked to check it out on the Wii U. Looks amazing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0LPrmtVWsA