Gaming Wind Waker HD

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
why are you detouring the discussion around a few facts which dont add to the real discussion?
You;re gonna nitpick facts like zelda oot didnt come immediately at launch @ 3ds, you're gonna nitpick about 1 year difference ?

Add to the discussion.. say something valueable, explain to us why Nintendo can justify themselves by once again releasing a port of something majority of gamers do not want for their 350 eur/usd console?

Why is my wii-u collecting dust after a week of play and they are re releasing old games ive played long time ago...
But you dont do this because you dont seem to have the technical knowledge of games.. I bet you do not even understand what has been ported/adapted for this game while your looking at the screenshot..
You must even have been confused when i mentioned bloom, and talked about lvl/dynamic mesh ..

else you wouldnt spout shit about this being the great graphics...

Why have u been telling everyone that its the greatest game then? That nintendo is doing such a good job with this?
Cause now you are talking about that nobody liked it...

Ocarina of Time 3D isn't a launch title lol. That's not nitpicking, that's stating a fact. It is not a launch title at all. The 1 year difference I'll give to you though, that was me just being a dick.

If you have proof that majority of gamers didn't want it, I'll be glad to take a look at it. I know people like me, some people I spoke to on MiiVerse and such actually recently wanted this. And by the praise it's getting, so are a lot of other people.

Your WiiU is collecting dust after a week because you don't want to play other games for it. That's the only possible reason.

I haven't been saying it's the greatest game. One of the greatest games, maybe (can't remember), one of the best Zelda games? It definitely is. And how can I say Nintendo is doing such a good job with this, only seen a few screenshots. I'm saying the game looks fantastic and I can't wait to play it, along with many other people. How exactly am I talking about that nobody liked it?

Edit: excuse me, just had to go back and re-read a post to understand the last part, let me edit:

I didn't say nobody liked it. I said that it had a small install base because everybody flocked to PS2 and Xbox. Wii had a 70+ million install base, so obviously the chances of a game selling more are higher on that console. And a lot of people didn't give it a chance or hate it for the dumbest reason possible and that being the graphics. At the Space World everybody was like "ERMAHGERD REAL LIFE ZELDA!" and then when this was released, everybody said "fuck you, not playing it" because it looked more like a saturday morning cartoon than a dark gritty game. Couple that with the fact the GC install base was small, it didn't have a fair chance. But reception of the game and reviewers and people who actually played it, majority of people agree that it's a fantastic and beautiful looking game. And this HD remake looks even more gorgeous.

Yet you ruin everyone else's with your elitist "my opinions are facts, so you suck" behavior. Look, I respect that you're excited by this game, come on dude, it's not like you should bash other games in favor of your "masterpiece".:glare:

My opinions are facts. DON'T DENY MY FACTS WITH YOUR FALSE OPINIONS!

Reactions: McHaggis

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Am I the only person who hates how they remake THIS zelda? I hated it. The graphics combined with the boat gameplay just didn't do it for me. I would have much rather them remake Majora's mask. Or even a new zelda game. Or an HD remake and revamp of the original zeldas for NES.

They are making a new zelda game , however in the mean time , we get rehashed oldies.

Reactions: jalaneme

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My opinions are facts. DON'T DENY MY FACTS WITH YOUR FALSE OPINIONS!
Cant-tell-if-troll-or-just-stupid.jpg

EzekielRage

Hero of the Void
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
It's not like everyone is going to listen to your useless advice.*rolleyes*

and why exactly is it useless? besides, if you dont listen, it is your own fault. so go ahead and buy it just to complain about it. please do it. they might make even more games you dislike then. it would be great for me to see you being annoyed by that while i enjoy this game. life is good^^

so please, go ahead, complain a little bit more. perhaps you would like to resort to namecalling now? an appropriate response would be something that includes my mother i suppose...

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and why exactly is it useless? besides, if you dont listen, it is your own fault. so go ahead and buy it just to complain about it. please do it. they might make even more games you dislike then. it would be great for me to see you being annoyed by that while i enjoy this game. life is good^^

so please, go ahead, complain a little bit more. perhaps you would like to resort to namecalling now? an appropriate response would be something that includes my mother i suppose...
You say this as this is going to end this discussion instantly. If you don't like this discussion, then you should take your own advice, and leave it. How's simple is that?

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
They are making a new zelda game , however in the mean time , we get rehashed oldies.

nintendo have to fill in the void while people wait for the good stuff but they could have remade a better game, look at how cool majoras mask hd looks on youtube, that game would have been great, i love that game (i know it's not for everyone though)

also the new wii u zelda, will it be like four swords then because i hated that zelda, never completed it, i don't like the fact that multiplayer has been hinted for the new zelda game, keep that shit offline! for gods sake, yes they want to change the formula but i hope they don't go completely overboard and completely change it so it looks like a completely new game that would suck too.

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
I was worried about multiplayer being forced, too, but it really does seem like it will be a community/Miiverse feature, since that would be in the spirit of the older Zelda games.
Nintendo is pretty good about keeping multiplayer Zeldas fairly separate, I trust they'll do the same here.
Though, if they do go for a Miiverse feature, I hope it's not forced like in the NSMBU. I like Miiverse, but being prompted to post all the time can be a bit annoying.

Reactions: jalaneme

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wind Waker looks sooooo good on Dolphin at 1080p
It's one of those games that stand the test of time. It has been 10 years and it didn't age a little, it looked awesome back then, and it looks awesome today.

I can absolutely say that, if there is a game that shouldn't need a remake, that is Wind Waker.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm not particularly crazy about the excessive shading on the character models, but still, I can't wait!!!

Definitely grabbing a Wii U ASAP and buying this on day one (and reserving it if it has a physical copy)!

And I better finish off Skyward Sword, aLttP, and Phantom Hourglass (all games I'm playing now) so I can devote all my time to his once it arrives!

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool shit flinging thread.

Anyways i'm concerned about the graphics direction they took with this, maybe the idea of an "original graphics" setting could be pitched to them before release, this concern becomes apparent when you look at the differences in the water between the original and HD version. It would also be nice if they implemented the content they planned from the pre-deadline development, but since it never actually left the drawing board i wouldn't count on it too much.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OP should consider a title change.

'Zelda Wind waker HD remake'

Stop people from saying I can render this on dolphin, when this looks better than it.

• Improved geometry
  • Better resolution on textures
  • Improved and better lighting
  • New character models
  • New paint of coat, sharper colours.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-