Will there be a new Everdrive for GBA?

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Has anyone done battery life testing with the EverDrive GBA? I'd be curious about the results.

I haven't seen anyone doing full runtime test, but krikzz has measured the power draw compared to a retail game, which was pretty muc identical to the EDGBA.

Gesendet von meinem Mi A1 mit Tapatalk

Localhorst86

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The Omega is very picky with rom addons such as trainers, annoying intro credits added by the team that ripped the rom and bad rips. I noticed that as long as I use clean roms it has been behaving just fine even with savestates but maybe mines just one of the good batch.
You should *always* start with clean roms, no matter which card. Intros and trainers are the devil's work, always go with clean no-intro roms.

Gesendet von meinem Mi A1 mit Tapatalk

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't seen anyone doing full runtime test, but krikzz has measured the power draw compared to a retail game, which was pretty muc identical to the EDGBA.

The problem with those sorts of tests is that it's possible that 90% of the time it draws low power and 10% high power or some other mix. It's clear to me from lots of experience/observation that the best benchmark is a test that's consistent and as real to real life as possible*. So, yea, I'd still prefer a full runtime test. :/

* There's also knowing the testing setup, as demonstrated repeatedly with Microsoft "proving" Edge lasts longer in web browsing because they defined web browsing as watching video and then optimized video playback for low power consumption. That's a whole other part of gaming the test. :/

Localhorst86

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's clear to me from lots of experience/observation that the best benchmark is a test that's consistent and as real to real life as possible*. So, yea, I'd still prefer a full runtime test.
I volunteer to do the testing, I accept any donations towards an EDGBA :P

In all seriousness, though: I did a few benchmarks with the AGB aging test cartridge and the ROM of it on all my flashcards with my GBA SP some time ago, all of the flashcards ran between 05h24m and 06h37m while the original card ran about 12h33m, it would be quite interesting to see how long the EDGBA would last.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/PMCaXL2sGpc?si=jAKEK_yJL318jk17 lol