Homebrew Will the HORI Fighting Stick work on Emulators?

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont see why it shouldnt, seems to be picked up as a classic controller according to the info

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well...it says "Classic Controller compatible". So I guess it is really a classic controller that is shaped a bit different than normal.
I know Tantric's emulators support the classic controller. But to be sure, I'd check out the status on sdlmame and neogeo emulators (I guess the neogeo and arcade VC already support it...but that's not saying much about the emulators).

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
I know its a different stick but the Tatsunoko Vs Capcom (madkatz version) works perfectly fine with the emualtors I've tried (Mame, Wiiengine etc).

D

Deleted-273695

Well it should but I'm sure you can find a cheaper one in case it doesn't?
Try dealextreme.com

spardasieg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MrTea said:
I know its a different stick but the Tatsunoko Vs Capcom (madkatz version) works perfectly fine with the emualtors I've tried (Mame, Wiiengine etc).

Alright, I grabbed that one for 35 shipped, read online its better then the Hori(Go figure madcatz being better, when the hell did that happen?)

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
spardasieg said:
MrTea said:

Alright, I grabbed that one for 35 shipped, read online its better then the Hori(Go figure madcatz being better, when the hell did that happen?)

It is much better than the hori stick! The 6 button layout works perfect for SF2 on mame.
smile.gif

..and yeah it is strange that madkatz actualy produce decent sticks now! lol I've got the TE SSFIV stick on my 360 and its an amazing peice of kit.

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this stick and it does *not* work with Wii emulators. There is, apparently, a bug in the libwiigui or devkitpro (iirc) and pads that aren't explicitly the classic controller do not work. It's annoying, but it is what it is
frown.gif

spardasieg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MrTea said:

What version of Mame are you running that it works? I got the stick and am tired of just letting it sit there haha...

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
Ergo said:
I have this stick and it does *not* work with Wii emulators. There is, apparently, a bug in the libwiigui or devkitpro (iirc) and pads that aren't explicitly the classic controller do not work. It's annoying, but it is what it is
frown.gif

Tantrics Snes and Nes emu's work fine with the TvC stick (I've not updated to his recent releases yet though to try them but the previous revision is fine), same goes for wii mame. I've not tried the neogeo emu with the stick yet though? I just tried GenplusGX with the sticks and although they work fine on the emulator menu screen for rom selection, config options etc but for some reason it doesn't work in-game? Obviously all VC games work fine too.

spardasieg said:
QUOTE(MrTea @ Mar 27 2011, 11:52 AM) I know its a different stick but the Tatsunoko Vs Capcom (madkatz version) works perfectly fine with the emualtors I've tried (Mame, Wiiengine etc).

What version of Mame are you running that it works? I got the stick and am tired of just letting it sit there haha...

I've got two TvC sticks (seeing as they are such a bargain right now) and they both work great on 0.5 and 0.6 of wii mame (just configure the buttons within the emulator to get the 6 buttons working). The only buttons on the stick that don't seem to work for that emu are start and select but these work fine on the wiimote which is attached to the sticks anyway.

Also don't forget on the TvC stick there is a button to toggle between analogue and digital.. maybe this is an option you haven't tried to get it to work?

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I had to guess, it's the toggle between analog and digital that allows the TvC stick to work w/o (most) issues--the Hori, sadly, has no such switch.

silpheed

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,
I recompiled latest versions of Snes9x, FCE Ultra GX, Frodo and GenGX with my testing routine for the Hori Fight Arcade Stick. (modified libogc)
The main problem was, that the stick has an analog range from -89 to 0 and it has the same ID as the Classic controller. It sends min 0, cal 32, and max 64.
This is more perfect than any classic Cal-data could be. (i hope so) Now, in every cycle the routine is testing for this values. If they are true THEN Hori stick and if they are false THEN Classic Controller + Standard calibration routine.
After a sleepless night with coffee and DevKit, it is working now.

emmanu888

6 years and still going strong
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i may be upping this post but does arcade sticks works with emulators now ? i have the intec one and it does not work with any emulator i tried but it seems like silpheed succeded in getting his arcade controller working will he release the files so that we can play with arcade controller ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @NinStar, and blood and bones