Will the HORI Fighting Stick work on Emulators?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by spardasieg, Mar 27, 2011.

Mar 27, 2011
  1. spardasieg
    OP

Newcomer spardasieg Advanced Member

United States
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...+INC-_-78175001

That, will it work on Snes, Mame, and Neo Geo emulators(Speaking of that do games like King of fighters 2003, Mark of wolves, Metal Slugs, etc... work yet?) I am guessing most Mame games work(Pacman, and other classics)

I hope it does.... :-/

2. Clarky

Member Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

United States
    i dont see why it shouldnt, seems to be picked up as a classic controller according to the info

3. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Well...it says "Classic Controller compatible". So I guess it is really a classic controller that is shaped a bit different than normal.
    I know Tantric's emulators support the classic controller. But to be sure, I'd check out the status on sdlmame and neogeo emulators (I guess the neogeo and arcade VC already support it...but that's not saying much about the emulators).

4. MrTea

Member MrTea GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I know its a different stick but the Tatsunoko Vs Capcom (madkatz version) works perfectly fine with the emualtors I've tried (Mame, Wiiengine etc).

5. ihackedit

Member ihackedit GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Well it should but I'm sure you can find a cheaper one in case it doesn't?
    Try dealextreme.com

6. spardasieg
    OP

United States
    Alright, I grabbed that one for 35 shipped, read online its better then the Hori(Go figure madcatz being better, when the hell did that happen?)

7. MrTea

United Kingdom

It is much better than the hori stick! The 6 button layout works perfect for SF2 on mame. [​IMG]

..and yeah it is strange that madkatz actualy produce decent sticks now! lol I've got the TE SSFIV stick on my 360 and its an amazing peice of kit.

8. Ergo

Member Ergo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I have this stick and it does *not* work with Wii emulators. There is, apparently, a bug in the libwiigui or devkitpro (iirc) and pads that aren't explicitly the classic controller do not work. It's annoying, but it is what it is [​IMG]

9. spardasieg
    OP

United States
    Hmm so for some it works for...others not?

10. Ergo

United States
  11. spardasieg
    OP

United States
    What version of Mame are you running that it works? I got the stick and am tired of just letting it sit there haha...

12. MrTea

United Kingdom
    I've got two TvC sticks (seeing as they are such a bargain right now) and they both work great on 0.5 and 0.6 of wii mame (just configure the buttons within the emulator to get the 6 buttons working). The only buttons on the stick that don't seem to work for that emu are start and select but these work fine on the wiimote which is attached to the sticks anyway.

Also don't forget on the TvC stick there is a button to toggle between analogue and digital.. maybe this is an option you haven't tried to get it to work?

13. Ergo

United States
    If I had to guess, it's the toggle between analog and digital that allows the TvC stick to work w/o (most) issues--the Hori, sadly, has no such switch.

14. silpheed

Newcomer silpheed Newbie

Germany
    Hi,
    I recompiled latest versions of Snes9x, FCE Ultra GX, Frodo and GenGX with my testing routine for the Hori Fight Arcade Stick. (modified libogc)
    The main problem was, that the stick has an analog range from -89 to 0 and it has the same ID as the Classic controller. It sends min 0, cal 32, and max 64.
    This is more perfect than any classic Cal-data could be. (i hope so) Now, in every cycle the routine is testing for this values. If they are true THEN Hori stick and if they are false THEN Classic Controller + Standard calibration routine.
    After a sleepless night with coffee and DevKit, it is working now.

15. Wiimpathy

Member Wiimpathy GBAtemp Fan

France
    Have a good night!

16. emmanu888

Member emmanu888 6 years and still going strong

Canada
    i may be upping this post but does arcade sticks works with emulators now ? i have the intec one and it does not work with any emulator i tried but it seems like silpheed succeded in getting his arcade controller working will he release the files so that we can play with arcade controller ?

17. lexluth0r

Member lexluth0r GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I know this is an old post but has anyone updated the emulators to support the fightstick?