WikiLeaks releases video of US Apache helicopter killing civil

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Uncle FEFL said:
@DeltaBurnt: Going back to what TrolleyDave said, we owe countries stuff and other countries owe us stuff, to put it in its most basic form. Because of politics, we help whomever will benefit us the most, aka the Cold War. In WWII, Russia wasn't an enemy, after they were. Being a capitalist nation (mostly), there's no way we'd benefit from communists, therefore we took the side of the United Kingdom. France, to me, seemed bitter towards us after the war (though , still an ally). Plus, sometime after the war, Charles de Gaulle became the first president of the Fifth Republic, making the French even more bitter towards us (Gaulle wanted to be the war hero for France during WWI, but ended up being exiled to Serbia IIRC). It works the same for powerful countries around the world. In fact, the French are still extremely bitter towards us (more so than others).

De Gaulles animosity towards America was primarily because of the stance the US took during WW2. Up until Pearl Harbour the US basically shrugged it's shoulders and said "Not our problem". They helped out with materials and weapons but not with personnel. It's been a long time since I learned this stuff so the details are a little sketchy but if you look up the details you'll probably be able to find them. It basically boiled down to De Gaulle seeing what was headed his way in the form of the Nazi military might. He, along with Churchill, asked America for their help but were refused time and time again. America wanted to stay neutral. De Gaulle fled France shortly before it fell to the Nazi's but carried on the fight while living in exile in the UK. There were alot of heated debates between FDR, Churchill and De Gaulle over Americas lack of involvement. I respect Churchill and some of the hard choices he made in WW2 but he was pretty spineless when it came to America. He was a big fan and it blinkered his passion. De Gaulle had no such idolisation and felt animosity at the US government for not helping out. I'm not entirely sure it would have stopped the fall of France personally, but it's possible. Americas involvement definitely would have delayed the Nazis movements and they would have had to adopt a completely different strategy.

QUOTEEDIT: About "Obama's War," I'm tired of presidents engaging in war without the spineless Congress' consent. It's extremely frustrating to realize that other countries around the world who have a Parliament or something similar have realized that the PM or president needs to be put in check by the Parliament every once in a while. We are still backward on this issue. Congress hasn't declared war since WWII. Why won't the US' Congress realize it takes more than just money and comfortability to run a country? Instead of passing 1,000 unnecessary laws and buying their next vacation home, they should stick to the real issues.

Couldn't agree more with you their mate! Personally I believe that politicians should be paid minimum wage plus expenses and should not be allowed to enter into any kind of "deals" with anyone. If they get caught pandering to corporations or putting profits before their people they should be charged with treason and jailed for X amount of years. Make politics about passion for your country, not passion for profit. I know it's an unrealistic thing but a guy can dream can't he! lol

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
Uncle FEFL said:
EDIT: About "Obama's War," I'm tired of presidents engaging in war without the spineless Congress' consent. It's extremely frustrating to realize that other countries around the world who have a Parliament or something similar have realized that the PM or president needs to be put in check by the Parliament every once in a while. We are still backward on this issue. Congress hasn't declared war since WWII. Why won't the US' Congress realize it takes more than just money and comfortability to run a country? Instead of passing 1,000 unnecessary laws and buying their next vacation home, they should stick to the real issues.

Couldn't agree more with you their mate! Personally I believe that politicians should be paid minimum wage plus expenses and should not be allowed to enter into any kind of "deals" with anyone. If they get caught pandering to corporations or putting profits before their people they should be charged with treason and jailed for X amount of years. Make politics about passion for your country, not passion for profit. I know it's an unrealistic thing but a guy can dream can't he! lol

Trolly that is one thing you have said that I totally agree with. I nearly crapped my pants. XD

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I saw this on the news. Stupid americans
lecture.gif

5%

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just wanted to point out how the Marines kept referring to the one guy(Saeed) they chased down the street as "bodies"

14852513e.jpg

bodyd.png

Ah, Weapons. We originally went to Iraq in search for Weapons of mass destruction. A Graffiti Writer with a SLR Camera in hand will usually be lifted of all suspicions, whether he's on top of a roof or in an abandoned building. Catch my drift? Not to say there aren't any weapons around there, hell those guys in the van could very well have been looking for weapons.

The Marines repeatedly requested for permission to engage the van because they were picking up "bodies". Stress must not be the only factor for their offbeat judgement because clearly they left their glasses at home, but that can't be:

oner.jpg

Delusional? You can come up with your own conclusion

The only kind act by the Marines here(intentional or not) would be:

weaponz.jpg

1. Marine(s) on standby, waiting for Saeed to pick up a weapon so he/they can end his misery. The military would've been in for some shit, had Saeed lived through this predicament to tell the story from HIS perspective. Either way, the truth is finding its way through the
thick fog.

2. After shooting the crap out of the van and people, the Marine(s) give the victims a final moment of silence on Earth before they pierce them again with a second round of bullets, out of the blue. What.

shoot.jpg

^ This was a little after the first attack...I guess blind firing to be on the safe side isn't a bad idea in this case
tongue.gif

All of my posts have been extracted from the short video. I'm curious to know how much of it is edited and if it was purposely edited in a biased manner to obtain a certain reaction, but apparently the full 40 minute video on Youtube is the raw unedited gun-camera footage, rendering it as viable source would it not? I'll have to check it out sometime.

---

http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/0374165734/

^I think that's the book the editor of Wikileaks was talking about. Can someone photocopy the chapter about the "Collateral Murder" in Baghdad?
yay.gif

---

---

Wikileaks screencap analysis

http://www.collateralmurder.com/en/photos-1.html

--

From that birds eye view, it must have been like a game of Grand Theft Auto, just shooting away at ants. No need to feel sorry since you can't see the emotion on their faces from that height anyway

--

DarkMario616 said:
Was Namir Noor-Eldeen really the one who was shot down in that video? He's such a great photographer :/

Yes. Marines in the helicopter were laughing about how the Humvee drove over his dead body

http://www.collateralmurder.com/en/photos-6.html

--

----

kidur.jpg

Yes....A 1 sided battle..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-