WikiLeaks releases video of US Apache helicopter killing civil

cup9192

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything about this video is saddening. The war altogether, the recorded event itself, the mindset of those involved, the children involved (who simply know no better, little terrorists perhaps, but through no fault of their own), the propaganda perpetuated by/within the production of the clip, the discussion (both for and against)... wow. Just...wow. Someday we will be better than this. At least I hope.

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
obviously theres much more that goes on behind the scenes. american army just press the get away with it button all the time

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wyndcrosser said:
Do you know how big those rounds are.... those individuals knew when they were around people with weapons they might get hurt... they did it anyway. News reporters especially in Iraq, AF, etc. are usually in tow with the local insurgent populace.

Don't debate things you have no idea about. You live in your bubbles and no idea how you got your life, your rights, and everything you hold dear. STFU.

And the dude who said "No", that was retarded answer. Seriously, yes you're hippies, or at least the majority of those who thought it cool to badmouth a country that has done a lot for all of us.

Enlist in the military and see how things really are.

QUOTE said:
A man who does not question the judgement of a government run by its own people, and the actions of the soldiers that are supposed to protect him but murder many people in the process for no apparent reason, is truly the worst kind of idiot.

QUESTION WHAT??? I know why they did it, I give them points for doing it. I had those same types of individuals, just sitting around with cameras, we'd question them, and then 2 minutes later a VBIED (Car bomb) would blow up next to us.... and guess who caught it on film... those guys. Reuters and other news organizations pay locals to do their dirty work, these people were not good people.

You can put your thesaurus and poetry book away, and get out of your bubble.

Wynd

Wynd

1. Iraq is a war zone, there's pretty much no getting away from weapons. So by your logic, every single Iraqi civilian should just be mowed down for that fact.

2. I suppose being told when you were 5 that hundred of people die every day for no reason, that you'll never be safe, and the US will never be able to fully protect you from harm is what you call being in a bubble all my life.

Even if I weren't in first person war situation, I'm intelligent enough to go "Hey they had 1 guy that looked liked like had a weapon, and several others were just standing there or trying to help them."

3. I'm not going to enlist in the military because I'm not a trigger happy gun head like the people in this video were.

4. I don't need a thesaurus
smile.gif

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
wyndcrosser said:
Do you know how big those rounds are.... those individuals knew when they were around people with weapons they might get hurt... they did it anyway. News reporters especially in Iraq, AF, etc. are usually in tow with the local insurgent populace.

Don't debate things you have no idea about. You live in your bubbles and no idea how you got your life, your rights, and everything you hold dear. STFU.

And the dude who said "No", that was retarded answer. Seriously, yes you're hippies, or at least the majority of those who thought it cool to badmouth a country that has done a lot for all of us.

Enlist in the military and see how things really are.

QUOTE said:
A man who does not question the judgement of a government run by its own people, and the actions of the soldiers that are supposed to protect him but murder many people in the process for no apparent reason, is truly the worst kind of idiot.

QUESTION WHAT??? I know why they did it, I give them points for doing it. I had those same types of individuals, just sitting around with cameras, we'd question them, and then 2 minutes later a VBIED (Car bomb) would blow up next to us.... and guess who caught it on film... those guys. Reuters and other news organizations pay locals to do their dirty work, these people were not good people.

You can put your thesaurus and poetry book away, and get out of your bubble.

Wynd

Wynd

Thank god im an atheist, and I have an opinion of my own, and not a blood thirsty vampire.

Wynd

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
VashTS said:
so ive seen it. is anyone forgetting the fact that these gentlemen WERE ARMED and FIRING. i can't stand propaganda, at least edit that part out to make it seem like you have an argument.
You know this is Iraqi right? Chances are that they had guns to keep themselves alive!

QUOTE(wyndcrosser @ Apr 6 2010, 12:08 AM) You hippie bastards. 90% of the world owes their lives to us. So SHOVE IT!
Right now the US wants Canada to stick around to lose more lives. I think you guys are the ones who right now owe us.

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
B-Blue said:
Wow, 90% of the posts in this thread made more sad than watching that video.

Where's my 'True Button'?
The whole world is fucked, and will be forever. Why, you ask?
Because of us! The whole world was like it's supposed to be, and then we came.
With everything we're using. Cars, bombs, etc.. We're just a sad bunch of animals, but we're thinking we're superior to them, while, in fact, we're inferior.
Which fucking animal likes to kill others of their sort, just for the heck of it? Seriously. This whole war is fucked. We are fucked.
However, we'll just go on and terrorise eachother, be it human or inhuman.

Sigh...

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Lelouch said:
They look like tripods to me. That's how I hold my tripod.

Anyway, owning stuff like that over there isn't abnormal. Every place has different "normals." Like Canada, most people haven't even shot a gun. But in the US people wouldn't even think of not owning one!

Big Kong Boss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wyndcrosser said:
You hippie bastards. 90% of the world owes their lives to us. So SHOVE IT! Seriously... 9/10 those Iraqis deserve it, any of you ever go into combat? I have... not freaking pretty, all those fun loving civilians, usually aren't just that. Corrupt, little terrorists with minds of egomaniacs.

Enough of a rant. Again, there is always a reason why bullets were involved. If you don't know all the facts, STFU.

Wynd

You're kind of an asshole, aren't you?

5%

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've yet to indulge in the many articles released by WikiLeaks but from what I've heard and read, this shit is serious & on a grand scale

QUOTE said:
WikiLeaks has probably produced more scoops in its short life than the Washington Post has in the past 30 years — The National, November 19, 2009

wyndcrosser said:
not freaking pretty, all those fun loving civilians, usually aren't just that. Corrupt, little terrorists with minds of egomaniacs.

Same shit can be said about AMERICANS or any other country, shit. It's smoke and mirrors from both sides.

I saw this movie called Brotherhood of War & it was about North Koreans VS South Koreans. What got to me was the words that were exchanged between a NK & a SK soldier on the battlefield:

SK Soldier: Don't let any of those bastards live! Get up, you communist bastard.
NK Soldier: You dirty pawn of American imperialism!

North Korea has always been well known for its propoganada against Americans. Without even getting to know one, I'm sure their first emotion upon laying their eyes on an American would be Hate, Anger, Fear due to the propoganda fed down their throats.

My point is, What have the Iraqi soldiers been told about the Americans or what have the American soldiers been told about the Iraqis to keep their fighting drive going? It's as if these countries at battle threw their humanistic characteristics out the door & went back to their barbaric ways.

Propoganda plays a huge role in anything. Just look at all the kids, teens, and adults who know nothing of Marijuana but believe it to be worse than Alcohol. I'm not getting into this shit though because it'll go on for 20 pages and I don't want to deal with the amount of ignoramuses who don't know shit about weed but will claim its the worst when they haven't done their own research or tried it themselves. What can I say, Primary Resource > Second Hand Information / Secondary Resouce.

An event like this taking place on a battlefield makes me smile though:

QUOTE said:
What was the Christmas truce?

(On Christmas Eve and Christmas day, 1914, British and German forces at various places along the front met informally in no-man's land. In most places it began with each side singing carols and putting Christmas trees over their own positions. A few soldiers from each side ventured out and exchanged Christmas wishes and small presents and soon most of the soldiers on both sides were involved. Apparently in several places the trenches were empty while the opposing armies played football/soccer. Then on the 26th, they resumed shooting at each other.

There are many reports that French troops in some places also took part in the Christmas truce, although the French officially deny it. Even the British and German officers at the time officially denied that any such fraternization took place.

Most reports agree the truce started when the Germans erected their traditional Christmas trees on the parapets and began to sing carols. (The British, French and Australian commands did not supply trees to their men.) The British responded with carols of their own. Soon a truce was offered by the Germans (and accepted by the British) to bury the decaying bodies in no-man's land, left from a raid about 3 days previous. The Germans helped the British bury the dead, and some officers exchanged gifts. The Germans mostly had sausages, and cheese, from home. The British donated brandy, chocolate or tinned delicacies from home. Some of the enlisted men traded what they had. . . tins of bully beef, pocket knives, even buttons from their uniforms.

Eventually the troops went back to their trenches, although the caroling went on all night long. One German soldier, a famous opera singer, even serenaded the British troops. Many of the Germans had worked in London prior to the war, so they were able to sing in English. (The British even sang God Save the King to the Germans.)In some locations, the truce lasted throughout the following day, until the troops were rotated out. Then the fighting began again, in earnest.

The Christmas Truce is a beautiful story of the triumph of human nature over war. A great book about it to read is Silent Night: The Story of the World War I Christmas Truce, by Stanley Weintraub.

QUOTEThe Christmas Truce is a beautiful story of the triumph of human nature over war

The Christmas Truce is a beautiful story of the triumph of human nature over war

This post is a damn mess but fuck it and fuck you, and if my post is too hippy for you, fuck you
yay.gif

For more on how Propoganda affects war and those who are part of it, check out Hearts and Minds.

PS. I have nothing against Americans so don't come at me with that bullshit, and this post is directed towards no one

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
wyndcrosser said:
You hippie bastards. 90% of the world owes their lives to us. So SHOVE IT! Seriously... 9/10 those Iraqis deserve it, any of you ever go into combat? I have... not freaking pretty, all those fun loving civilians, usually aren't just that. Corrupt, little terrorists with minds of egomaniacs.

Enough of a rant. Again, there is always a reason why bullets were involved. If you don't know all the facts, STFU.

Wynd

90% of the world owes their lives to America? Which 90% would that be then? Stop talking shite.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
wyndcrosser said:

Wynd

90% of the world owes their lives to America? Which 90% would that be then? Stop talking shite.

I lol'd

Yah it's more like we owe our lives to 90% of the world.

France, England, USSR, Canada, Mexio

We've been helped by countless countries in many different disasters or times of war.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
DeltaBurnt said:
TrolleyDave said:

I lol'd

Yah it's more like we owe our lives to 90% of the world.

France, England, USSR, Canada, Mexio

We've been helped by countless countries in many different disasters or times of war.

Most first/second world nations owe some gratitude to the other first/second world nations for one reason or another. It'd be a sad world if our nations didn't help each other out. Not sure what the US owes the USSR though, except they were a good "common enemy" for the average citizen for a very long time! lol

5%

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
screen cap for those who crapped their pants at the length of the video

fdfdst.png

"Look at those dead bastards"

Look at them.

Found this:

wikileakslightemupkyle.jpg