Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
That's really something.
Opens up a lot of possibilities!
Also works without the [RomHack] block, for some reasons.
It won't pass the nintendo title screen if it's there, whilst the Japanese version won't work at all without the [RomHack] block :huh:

I will try some more, like perfect dark, which the JAP version seems to work (but something stops me to play in main menu)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also works without the [RomHack] block, for some reasons.
It won't pass the nintendo title screen if it's there, whilst the Japanese version won't work at all without the [RomHack] block :huh:

I will try some more, like perfect dark, which the JAP version seems to work (but something stops me to play in main menu)

I wonder, could the Snes VC games be edited in anyway, like say adding filtering and forcing a fake widescreen setting?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Guess what? Perfect Dark works! :)
Again, I had to use the Japanese ROM header :P

IMG_20150910_213355.jpg
IMG_20150910_213408.jpg

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I wonder, could the Snes VC games be edited in anyway, like say adding filtering and forcing a fake widescreen setting?
There is no settings to be found in SNES/NES VC files, so I can't say if it would ever be possible :(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm curious, has anyone dived into more Snes hacking, i.e changing headers or settings to see if more games work under 4 MB, etc?
Well, you have the SNES VCs... ;)

You know what to do ;)

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no settings to be found in SNES/NES VC files, so I can't say if it would ever be possible :(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well, you have the SNES VCs... ;)

You know what to do ;)

Right, but there has to be more than meets the eye when it comes to these, I wonder if the ROMs being headered or headerless makes any diff.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Right, but there has to be more than meets the eye when it comes to these, I wonder if the ROMs being headered or headerless makes any diff.
This, is what you'll have to discover :)

Huurgh, that pisses me off that 5.5.0 kernel exploit is private between those who aren't "idiots"

*Idiots, all end users like you and me :(

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

BaddGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated and did more Snes ROM testing, Super Metroid seems like a very good base and is seemingly more compatible than Donkey Kong Country, since the list has grown, I'll post
it here ^_^

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zkEVeulpUzFIC7Qqeset45WVeiHPnINMkEwo1TnzMds/edit?usp=sharing

I really wish we could figure out why some bases work better than others, why games are missing ADSR and other S-SMP related aspects. I don't know how one could investigate them.
Is any Yoshi games working if u can test out. I'm waiting on the spoofed from crediar to come out so I can purchased the super metroid game.Thanks in advanced.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
This, is what you'll have to discover :)

Huurgh, that pisses me off that 5.5.0 kernel exploit is private between those who aren't "idiots"

*Idiots, all end users like you and me :(
yeah you can pretty much lay the blame on those who proved the dev's concerns that access to exploits on the latest FW would just lead to BS trolls thinking they are l337 h4x0rz because they can cheat on mario kart :rolleyes:

as much as i wish there was a way of vetting people and keeping trolls out, its a technical impossibility, once they start sharing with some people you can be sure someone would end up leaking it or trying to pass it off as their own work or one of the trolls slips through the net and gets a copy.........so yeah unless some other dev comes along that doesn't give a crap about people screwing up online play or burning exploits for the sake of some short lived fame we just have to be happy with what we have :yayu:

Reactions: VinsCool

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh, I was tired yesterday...yeah, that's it. I think? Sorry. Trying to figure out more about the VC, how it works, why some games work and not others, regardless of their size.

Is any Yoshi games working if u can test out. I'm waiting on the spoofed from crediar to come out so I can purchased the super metroid game.Thanks in advanced.

No, none of the special enhancement games work via VC injection for one reason or another, even though the games themselves are relatively small.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 5.3.2 and I have DK64 VC as well as Some GBA VC. sadly I didn't get any NDSVC but quite frankly I do not care since I have a DSTWO. I just want to say awesome work to those that have figured this out and continue to make progress. It's cool seeing the 3ds scene advance in over 8 months and now the WiiU scene is taking off as well. just need my ps4 to fall into that same category xD...again great work to everyone behind this

Reactions: VinsCool

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing that means you've tried StarFox as well?

I have, but even SA-1 (Super Mario RPG), Cx4 (Mega Man X2 and X3), S-DD1 (Star Ocean) work...heck, none of the games with enhancement chips work via injection, so yes, I've tried Star Fox, but the fact other games with the chips don't work is baffling. Who know how Nintendo coded their emulators, I don't know how until there's some way we can dump and extract Wii U VC wad files.

In fact, I've a list of games I've tested on post 292 :P

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I have, but even SA-1 (Super Mario RPG), Cx4 (Mega Man X2 and X3), S-DD1 (Star Ocean) work...heck, none of the games with enhancement chips work via injection, so yes, I've tried Star Fox, but the fact other games with the chips don't work is baffling. Who know how Nintendo coded their emulators, I don't know how until there's some way we can dump and extract Wii U VC wad files.

In fact, I've a list of games I've tested on post 292 :P
try to replace header with anothet known working game. I curious to see what could happen.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That be sweet tho, xbox/gamepass games on the go would be nice
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    AI needs money for AI drugs lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Ai Cocaine Is a hell of a drug."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ai doc my reality prescriptions running low I need 5,000mg
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Ok for real i'm back
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    generative AI is getting better at animating stuff, but still looks like a fever dream in most cases
    +1
  • T @ Texasauras:
    GOLD GRAIN 1/4 QUARTER BARS FOR LIKE $5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • T @ Texasauras:
    bro lost all his money on gacha toys
    https://gachax2.com/
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Texasauras, i thought you were spamming
    +1
  • T @ Texasauras:
    i was just telling everyone i was collecting bullion, desperate times calls for desperate measures
  • T @ Texasauras:
    i was just "window" shopping
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna leave in any moment
  • T @ Texasauras:
    bro if i drop a stack on red and you drop a stack on black at the roulette table and we pushed, does that mean i gave you a stack?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Texasauras, i don't get it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wut
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have it you fucking monster
  • T @ Texasauras:
    what i didn't do anything!
  • T @ Texasauras:
    since i doubled up, or you lost your stack and if i gave it to you instead of running off at the roulette table does that mean i "gave" you a stack lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stop touching people's stacks
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Can I get AI to make Home Alone VS Micheal Jackson and R Kelly as the new wet bandits?
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i have access to an AI that makes CGI movie scenes
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    it's in beta
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it's in beta