Hacking WiiU VC game injection working on 5.3.2

Lazzyman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have an easier to follow guide on DS injections? I want to test it out with Picross 3D but the guide isn't exactly clear on how to do that.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
how can it be any clearer? get a ds vc dump, get your ds game you want to inject in .nds format, right click that ds game and turn it to zip (i use winrar) rename the zip file to rom.zip, then replace this rom.zip with the one on the ds vc dump and profit.

Lazzyman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how can it be any clearer? get a ds vc dump, get your ds game you want to inject in .nds format, right click that ds game and turn it to zip (i use winrar) rename the zip file to rom.zip, then replace this rom.zip with the one on the ds vc dump and profit.

It's all in the wording for me. Your words make it easier for me to follow than OPs.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone have an easier to follow guide on DS injections? I want to test it out with Picross 3D but the guide isn't exactly clear on how to do that.
Iv'e used Picross 3D as a base for injecting my game (Super Princess Peach) but it still didn't work. I dont think that game will ever work on WiiU :-<
Iv'e tried using Metroid Prime Hunters too (which is the latest official DS game IIRC) didn't work either..
But it did have a ".precomp" file which Iv'e never seen before in a DS eshop game?

Last edited by ploggy,
Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Does anyone know if the latest N64 releases (Star Fox 64, Ogre Battle 64, Harvest Moon 64 or Bomberman 64) are newer SVN builds than that of F-Zero X?
For those who don't know you can check inside content/BuildInfo.txt.
F-Zero X was SVN: 2428 I believe.

Reactions: CatmanFan

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Does anyone know if the latest N64 releases (Star Fox 64, Ogre Battle 64, Harvest Moon 64 or Bomberman 64) are newer SVN builds than that of F-Zero X?
For those who don't know you can check inside content/BuildInfo.txt.
F-Zero X was SVN: 2428 I believe.
we all confirmed noone is, hasvest moon and bomberman are 2427, ogre battle is very old like 22something

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why minimal effort? they had those games working almost since v1, they didint need to make a new server rev to release them lol.

Because they don't bother improving the emulator, they just screw it and use an old one by dumping a random ROM image into the emulator and slap on a 9 dollar price tag. No wonder people download ROMs. Nintendo can suck it.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Because they don't bother improving the emulator, they just screw it and use an old one by dumping a random ROM image into the emulator and slap on a 9 dollar price tag. No wonder people download ROMs. Nintendo can suck it.
their emulator does what they need it to do, they dont need to make a 100% compat emulator if they arent gonna release 98% of the n64 games lol.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
their emulator does what they need it to do, they dont need to make a 100% compat emulator if they arent gonna release 98% of the n64 games lol.

Then I should've kept my damn mouth shut *sigh*. I just wish the colors were so damn dull and washed out, or the aspect ratios being a joke.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think it was mandatory due to epileptic kids regulation imo.

But GBA games weren't, nor were DS games. Both looked normal. The aspect ratio in some games was absolute shit (Paper Mario had like 30% borders). NES Classic wasn't dull, either.

It's not like N64 emulation is going to get any better anyway.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i think it was mandatory due to epileptic kids regulation imo.
Yeah that was the cause of the implementation of gamma correction in SNES, NES and N64, and I believe some more games up to the N64 generation. Maybe some GBA games as well, but those were mostly to compensate for oversaturation in the color palette rather than avoid seizures.
It was until the DS came out that they already had that rule in play.

Also, Nintendo patches games on the fly to also diminish the effects of intense flashes, like in the intro of A Link to the Past, when the sword comes into the title screen, that was diminished in the VC release.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that was the cause of the implementation of gamma correction in SNES, NES and N64, and I believe some more games up to the N64 generation. Maybe some GBA games as well, but those were mostly to compensate for oversaturation in the color palette rather than avoid seizures.
It was until the DS came out that they already had that rule in play.

Also, Nintendo patches games on the fly to also diminish the effects of intense flashes, like in the intro of A Link to the Past, when the sword comes into the title screen, that was diminished in the VC release.

Ah, but with the NES Classic Mini, the colors were no longer dull, and it was approved by Nintendo. How does that work? If they can make NES games look that good with NERD's help, there is no excuse for the shoddy NES palette on the Wii U.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ah, but with the NES Classic Mini, the colors were no longer dull, and it was approved by Nintendo. How does that work? If they can make NES games look that good with NERD's help, there is no excuse for the shoddy NES palette on the Wii U.
im guessing they choose the games that didint contain any colored flashes and since no new games would ever be added to the emulator there was no need to worry about patching.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most likely patched ROMs or on the fly patching.
They did that with EarthBound, ALttP and other SNES games, and I believe some NES games as well.

But then you have the Wii VC, they had strobe effects removed/toned down, but the palette's unaffected. The Wii U VC is garbage and looks horrible compared to unofficial emulators, IMHO, it's a lost cause. At least NERD writes better emulators than Nintendo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...