SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Speed is one of the other main concerns for this fork. You can see the difference when running some games like Kirby's Dream Land 3, for example. Let the intro run past the title, up to the short game demo 3 times, the third one is one of the high-resolution levels, it has less frame-skip in RX compared to GX. Turn on the Show Framerate option so you can check it.
Excuse me but i think you're speaking about Snes9x RX (SNES emulator for Wii). This thread is only for WiiSX RX (PS1 emulator for Wii).
Here's the link for the Snes9xRX thread: Snes9x RX - A new fork.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador

Deleted member 533457

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
According to WiiSX-RX compatiblity list Final Fantasy 9 is unplayable on WiiSXRX since it crashes after the BIOS startup, if using HLE BIOS you can get past to the title screen but it crashes when you start a game.
I managed to load a save file using a PSP Bios and the game runs fine (almost 60 FPS and battles don't crash without interpreter) but crashed at FMV. I guess the game can be played if FMVs are removed.

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
I managed to load a save file using a PSP Bios and the game runs fine (almost 60 FPS and battles don't crash without interpreter) but crashed at FMV. I guess the game can be played if FMVs are removed.
@Angel29
For removing the FMV (full-motion video) scenes to the game, maybe this what i did for Power Rangers: Lightspeed Rescue and Croc 2 will work for you?
https://gbatemp.net/posts/9732148

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
@Angel29 Forgot to ask, what is the file name of the PSX/PS1 PSP BIOS? And how you use it on WiiSX-RX?

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
its called "PSXONPSP660.bin", you have to rename it to "SCPH1001.bin" and put on wiisxrx's bios folder.
@Angel29
Thanks for the info. Maybe i could test that BIOS later with WiiSX-RX.
Does it work for regular PS1 game images, right? What are the advantages of using that "BIOS" instead of the regular SCPH1001.bin BIOS?

Deleted member 533457

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Does it work for regular PS1 game images, right?
Yes.
What are the advantages of using that "BIOS" instead of the regular SCPH1001.bin BIOS?
I guess it's more optimized than the other one, the only notable difference I found while playing are some games running less choppy than before, and FF IX don't crashed after BIOS intro.

ber71

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I guess it's more optimized than the other one, the only notable difference I found while playing are some games running less choppy than before, and FF IX don't crashed after BIOS intro.

That's what most people say but I've never seen any detailed benchmark comparison. Placebo, perhaps.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Are there any games to test on WiiSX RX that are not on the compatibility list?
You can look in the prevoius pages of this thread for see if any game is not in the comaptibility list.

Also, is this user a troll/ vandal?: https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/User:Qamic59
He created the page but done many edits about games working on his computer, and I remember he was spaming on GBARunner2's thread.
By that number of 59 in the username... I have the thought... and yes, michele59 is at it... AGAIN?! :angry::angry::angry::wacko::hateit:

Deleted member 533457

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
By that number of 59 in the username... I have the thought... and yes, michele59 is at it... AGAIN?! :angry::angry::angry::wacko::hateit:
He also vandalized WiiSX's compatibility list on WiiBrew:
1645464056582.png

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
I will test LSD: Dream Emulator and other English Patched games (I remember that Tear Ring Saga worked fine on WiiSXR).
Okay, good luck. :)

Recently i added these working games to the compatibility list:
- Power Rangers: Lightspeed Rescue (USA) (only works when using modificated BIN for remove FMV scenes causing the crash)
- Croc 2 (USA) (only works when using modificated BIN for remove FMV scenes causing the crash)

Also I'm trying to disprove a theory (originally i saw in YouTube) that says that Driver 2 (USA) (Disc 1) (v1.1) actually works on WiiSX RX if you use a modificated BIN using UltraISO (because maybe of its copy-protection by Infogrames?) for remove (delete) the FMV scenes causing the crash.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Okay, good luck. :)

Recently i added these working games to the compatibility list:
- Power Rangers: Lightspeed Rescue (USA) (only works when using modificated BIN for remove FMV scenes causing the crash)
- Croc 2 (USA) (only works when using modificated BIN for remove FMV scenes causing the crash)

Also I'm trying to disprove a theory (originally i saw in YouTube) that says that Driver 2 (USA) (Disc 1) (v1.1) actually works on WiiSX RX if you use a modificated BIN using UltraISO (because maybe of its copy-protection by Infogrames?) for remove (delete) the FMV scenes causing the crash.
the youtube video playing driver 2 on wiisx actualy has the iso to download in the description lol i think its pal iso without fmvs or something, just download it from the link on youtube.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
the youtube video playing driver 2 on wiisx actualy has the iso to download in the description lol i think its pal iso without fmvs or something, just download it from the link on youtube.
@pedro702

but it's PAL region (and in Spanish language) only.
I'm gonna try to do the same but with NTSC region and English language.

anyways, the video looks like it's now private but i had the luck of getting the modified PAL ISO. So i'm checking how he/she made it and try to do that in my NTSC ISO.

EDIT: Video is not private nowadays, oops :P

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
@pedro702

but it's PAL region (and in Spanish language) only.
I'm gonna try to do the same but with NTSC region and English language.

anyways, the video looks like it's now private but i had the luck of getting the modified PAL ISO. So i'm checking how he/she made it and try to do that in my NTSC ISO.
there are lots of games that one version works and another doesnt, sometimes its luck pal works and ntsc doesnt and the other way around also, just becuase its the same game doesnt mean it has the same compatibility if its from another region, they may have changed some code we cant see on the surface.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
there are lots of games that one version works and another doesnt, sometimes its luck pal works and ntsc doesnt and the other way around also, just becuase its the same game doesnt mean it has the same compatibility if its from another region, they may have changed some code we cant see on the surface.
maybe yes, maybe not...

but how i know if NTSC version of Driver 2 (without FMV of course) work if i didn't test it still? xD I will test it and later i will tell you @pedro702 ;)

Last edited by SaulFabre,

HandsomeJack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That also happens with Wii games. US version of Conduit has a scripting bug blocking progress half way through which isn't in the PAL version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1