Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
frown.gif

It doesnt startup like a normal PS1 does.

I miss the music/sounds when a PS1 boots up and loads up a game.

blazingwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried it with bust a groove 2, loaded fine, got to main menu at above 60FPS, buttons worked just fine, must be your SotN or something. Anyway got through menus just fine (no sound, because it hasn't been implemented) and got to game, when in game skipped between 25FPS and 90FPS, a bit jerky, got a little gameplay in then the game froze. But it worked, not bad!

Cjuub

Trophies
XP
Country
blazingwolf said:
Just tried it with bust a groove 2, loaded fine, got to main menu at above 60FPS, buttons worked just fine, must be your SotN or something. Anyway got through menus just fine (no sound, because it hasn't been implemented) and got to game, when in game skipped between 25FPS and 90FPS, a bit jerky, got a little gameplay in then the game froze. But it worked, not bad!

Yup, I just tried Chrono Cross and it seems to be working fine with the gamecube pad! As shown in the first post as well.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quiche_on_a_leash said:
PS1 discs are CD ROM not DVD, so the Wii cannot read them.
Would you just be able to make an ISO from a PSX CD and then burn it on a DVD to work?

Quiche_on_a_leas

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jservs7 said:
Quiche_on_a_leash said:
Would you just be able to make an ISO from a PSX CD and then burn it on a DVD to work?

Well it should be possible to read ISO's from a DVD, yes.

nephdj said:
QUOTE(Quiche_on_a_leash @ Sep 9 2008, 05:31 AM)

I thought those datel cheat code disks were CD's for cube.
The gamecube used miniDVD and I'm not aware of it being able to read CDs.

Icecoolwas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hmm.. is ps1 games are infact cd-rom as you said, then we could put the Isos on dvd's, we can even do multi! dvd-roms up to 8gb, thats like 6-12 games! (depending on the game and size) we could just burn them as Iso data files.

Icecoolwas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Um K1, this is merely even a beta, infact merely even alpha-beta, infact this was a leak.. this was not even ment to be released, once they get 100% speed, they will release it with sound, and to be honest it'l take them about 2-3 months from now to release it fully done.

Icecoolwas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm.. Problems to be ironed out =]

1. Get full speed working, Its 100% possible, the psp emulates psx at 100% on 222mhz =]
2. add SD saving, to PSXSAVES folder
3. Make sound work.
4. Add multiplayer support.
5. Since PS1 games are CD-ROM then we have a problem with my suggestion, although there is a better solution, Get ps1 Isos, get 8gb DVD-ROM disc, burn the Isos to the disc through windows as ISO Data files, DVD-ROM gets read through PS1 emulator using LIBDI, So basically, we can have about 6-12 Actual full ps1 games on a 8gb dvd disc, No more swap disc for swap disc games =]
6. Double Disc Plugin, so when it says, please Insert disc two of metal gear solid or for any other game that does disc swapping, Wiisx would detect this and Give you the option to swap to a different Iso, from either disc or Sd card.

and as for controllers, you can use a actual ps1/ps2 controller on the Wii's Gamecube ports using this adapter.

http://tinyurl.com/PSX-GC-adapter

So basically, you've got a PS1 in a Wii =]

All the problems ive stated are easy for the Hackers to solve, theres no exploits needed, cos we've got all we need.

Extras

Extra 2 Ports! 4 players, no multitap needed =]

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Icecoolwas said:
1. Get full speed working, Its 100% possible, the psp emulates psx at 100% on 222mhz =]
I stopped reading your post right here. You are using an emulator CODED BY SONY to compare two completely different systems?! Sure, it's technically possible. But that PS1 emulator on the PSP has one hell of a leg up if it's been made by the same people that built the fucking hardware in the first place.

EDIT: Alright, so I read on and found this next line.
"All the problems ive stated are easy for the Hackers to solve, theres no exploits needed, cos we've got all we need."
It's pretty evident from my earlier statement that you have no idea what you are talking about and even more so when you tell the people that are "hacking" it that it's easy for them.

Alright, back on topic.

The work in this emulator is fantastic and Wii is really picking up some steam these days it seems. I've finally got around to installing the homebrew channel tonight and am already enjoying the current line of emulators as my Xbox is not hooked up at the moment. This emulator keeps the improvement going and while we are still a far ways off from seeing some levels of perfection, I certainly am impressed by their conviction into this.

FYI, Star Fox + Wiimote/Nunchuk = Great.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sounds sweet, would still prefer to play my PS1 games on my PSP though, I want a really good 64 Emulator for the Wii, Last time I checked, I tried Banjo Kazooie, and could hardly getting it working, let alone playable, Also Would love to play 007 on my Wii, That'd be awesome

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/offbeat/twitch-streamer-places-24000-hit-on-youtuber-after-stellar...