Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MrTea said:
Thanks v much for the usb build.
smile.gif

I havent managed to boot a game yet though via usb... it goes to load the game then hangs on execute each time(when it was fine booting via sd)? Any ideas how to fix this?

i just left the contents on the sd card the same and also made a copy of PSXISOS to the root usb drive it worked for me maybe try a different game? I noticed the games took a little longer to load off the hd too...put the games in PSXISOS on the usb drive.

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
emupaul said:
MrTea said:
Thanks v much for the usb build.
smile.gif

I havent managed to boot a game yet though via usb... it goes to load the game then hangs on execute each time(when it was fine booting via sd)? Any ideas how to fix this?

i just left the contents on the sd card the same and also made a copy of PSXISOS to the root usb drive it worked for me. put the games in PSXISOS on the usb drive.
this will be obsolete soon anyway.

if I have more then a few games in the directory (which is the same as I had it on sd card - only obviously more games) then whatever game I try it code dumps... and if i only have a few games in the directory then it hangs on execute?

Probably nothing but I've notieced on these builds when i load the emu it says its cubeSX while the original builds say WiiSX?

edit: Its working now... I didnt have the PSXISOS folder and the bios on my sd card (i must have moved it to usb instead of copying it lol). Things seem slower on usb compared to sd though (i assume this isnt usb 2.0?)... but hey it works!
smile.gif

Lovely jubley!
smile.gif

BlackEnigma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh my gosh, what is going on here? Emupaul is really going places with this.

I need to come on GBATemp more often.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I hope you're going to submit some of these changes to their SVN. It would be nice to have these things in the non-beta versions, when they should come out.

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is looking and sounding great emupaul.
yay.gif
When can we be expecting a release?

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
9th_Sage said:
I hope you're going to submit some of these changes to their SVN. It would be nice to have these things in the non-beta versions, when they should come out.

Yeah I second this!
smile.gif

Hopefully with all these great add-ons EmuKidd might pick up sorting out wiisx sooner than later (like how the pcsx revolution release promted an update).

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
While waiting for a decent GUI (it's not so simple to implement, good luck to Emupaul or whoever else want to handle the task), here's my own modified version:

Code:
+Classic Controller support
+Useful (?) Combos Keys:
ÂÂ.Frame Limiter ON/OFF (Hold Classic Button HOME then press Full R trigger), default is ON
ÂÂ.FPS Display ON/OFF (Hold Classic Button HOME then press Full L trigger), default is ON
ÂÂ.Exit to HBC (Hold Classic Button HOME then press PLUS button)

Modified source files are included in the zip file.

Enjoy

RedwinD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@emupaul: Hi, I will buy Classic Controller PRO - that controller is look like PSX controller, are you going to build support for this? Thanks

jackdanielchan

Trophies
XP
Country
RedwinD said:
@emupaul: Hi, I will buy Classic Controller PRO - that controller is look like PSX controller, are you going to build support for this? Thanks
I think Classic Controller Pros should work in exactly the same way the original classic controller did, there's really not much difference, apart from the grip and the shoulder buttons.

emupaul

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jackdanielchan said:
RedwinD said:
I think Classic Controller Pros should work in exactly the same way the original classic controller did, there's really not much difference, apart from the grip and the shoulder buttons.

One of the reason for making this new controller was because of this.

http://kotaku.com/390658/nintendo-lose-pat...-owe-21-million

"U.S. District Judge Ron Clark in Lufkin, Texas, rejected Nintendo's request for a new trial in the case won by closely held Anascape Ltd. of Tyler, Texas. He said that he would stop sales of the Wii Classic Controller, WaveBird controller and Nintendo GameCube controller. His ban will be put on hold while Nintendo appeals the verdict to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, according to Anascape lawyer Doug Cawley."

I know its a little off topic
wtf.gif

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
emupaul said:
jackdanielchan said:
RedwinD said:

One of the reason for making this new controller was because of this.

http://kotaku.com/390658/nintendo-lose-pat...-owe-21-million

"U.S. District Judge Ron Clark in Lufkin, Texas, rejected Nintendo's request for a new trial in the case won by closely held Anascape Ltd. of Tyler, Texas. He said that he would stop sales of the Wii Classic Controller, WaveBird controller and Nintendo GameCube controller. His ban will be put on hold while Nintendo appeals the verdict to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, according to Anascape lawyer Doug Cawley."

I know its a little off topic
wtf.gif

No. The Classic Controller still on production as far I know, it seems that Anascape got the money they want and the thing die there, Nintendo even release a new long wired sexy-white Gamecube controller time after that trial. The reason why Nintendo released the Classic Controller Pro was Monster Hunter Tri, the tittle is a system seller in Japan, it's even can only be played through the Classic Controller, there Wii bundles with Monster Hunter Tri theme, so the CC Pro comes like an incentive to get hardcore Monster Hunter players on the Wii with a more classic button layout. -Read, PS2 layout-

Further more there's no plans for an US release, sadly http://wii.nintendolife.com/news/2009/03/n..._pro_for_the_us

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Expansion Controller support is build in libogc/libwiiuse, it's not something you magically "add" in an emulator. Most likely, both controllers work the same way so these will automatically be supported but if it's not the case, you are gonna wait libogc devs bought one and figure out the communication protocol differences.

I added some asked features in my previous build, still nothing really fancy but here you go

Code:
+Autodetect if HBC is there before exiting, otherwise returns to System Menu

+Compiled against a modified libfat: use USB as default instead of SD if detected (the modification was only changing the order of supported FAT devices for the Wii, making USB first in the list)

+Useful (?) Combos Keys:

ÂÂ.Frame Limiter ON/OFF (Hold Classic Button HOME then press Full R trigger), default is ON
ÂÂ.FPS Display ON/OFF (Hold Classic Button HOME then press Full L trigger), default is ON
ÂÂ.Exit to HBC or System Menu (autodetected) (Hold Classic Button HOME then press PLUS button)

9600pro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Jacobeian said:
While waiting for a decent GUI (it's not so simple to implement, good luck to Emupaul or whoever else want to handle the task), here's my own modified version:

Code:
+Useful (?) Combos Keys:
ÂÂ.Exit to HBC (Hold Classic Button HOME then press PLUS button)

Modified source files are included in the zip file.

Enjoy
Thanks man
wink2.gif

xXNoctisXx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
GREAT, i've been waiting for a decent PSX emulator.
Finally i can finish some old games i never finnished as a kid
gbasp.gif

@Emupaul: Your gui looks awesome can't wait 'til it's done
rolleyes.gif

emupaul

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RetroHero said:
I can't find an answer to this. Does this boot isos or do I need bin/cue?

If so I have a mac and have no clue how to turn my isos in bin/cue

from pxsxdf bug tracker on sourceforge

The ISO Image Reader - Plugin doesn't seem to be able to actually load ISO
Images, only Raw binary Images (as .bin, or .img (CloneCD)). I understand
of course that these are images of an iso9660-formatted disc, but I still
have never ever heard someone call an raw cd image an "ISO Image".
Also, a small feature request: It would be great to load actual ISO images,
as they're the most easy to work with under Linux.

Date: 2009-03-08 08:59
Sender: hdhoshyProject Admin

"Sorry, this won't happen because the PSX uses CD-roms in mode2 and this is
not covered by a simple ISO image you can mount with Linux. We really need
the raw images and therefore this bug is not a bug. I close this thread. "

nano351

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thx for the usb build
biggrin.gif
but it seems to read from my drive a little slow because i had crash bandicoot lagging if I started moving to far from a certain point on a level. I think it uses progressive scan and it just doesn't seem to read fast enough. It's fine though when i don't move to new areas in the level it's at about 40 fps and is very playable then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...