PS1/2 Emulator WiiStation - Another Fork of WiiSXRX released

tehtemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just got Tatsunoko Fight and runs fine for me on the latest build, i tought at first it was an fmv game lol so much anime cutscenes but its actually a fighting game xD

this said yeah you are not using the bios for sure. my setup is
ps1 bios 5500(jap) renamed to SCPH1000.BIN
ps1 bios 7501(usa) renamed to SCPH1001.BIN
ps1 bios 7502(pal) renamed to SCPH1002.BIN

this is my bios folder, also make sure in settings you got use bios yes and choose sd/usb and save again maybe and make sure you put execute through bios maybe?
Hmm, I tried saving "Boot Through Bios" to SD and the bios to SD. But when I attempt to execute through bios or load a game, I get the dreaded DSI exception BSOD.

When I start up WiiSXRX 2022 again, the settings are reverted back to HLE. HLE boots fine though. The weird thing is the original WiiSXRX is able to boot through bios... anyone got any idea what I'm doing wrong? Tested the same forwarder as well... using latest September 3rd build of WiiSXRX 2022.

I'm quite sure this is a bug with WiiSXRX 2022, but could use some confirmation.

Last edited by tehtemp,

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you a lot @xjsxjs197 and all who work for this fork ! Now I can play Alien trilogy, I'm so happy !

Destruction Derby 2 freezes when I play in Stock Car Practice
Destruction derby 1 and destruction derby raw works fine
Destruction Derby 2 works only "destruction arenas"

Qaztab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I tried saving "Boot Through Bios" to SD and the bios to SD. But when I attempt to execute through bios or load a game, I get the dreaded DSI exception BSOD.

When I start up WiiSXRX 2022 again, the settings are reverted back to HLE. HLE boots fine though. The weird thing is the original WiiSXRX is able to boot through bios... anyone got any idea what I'm doing wrong? Tested the same forwarder as well... using latest September 3rd build of WiiSXRX 2022.

I'm quite sure this is a bug with WiiSXRX 2022, but could use some confirmation.
Not sure this is the same thing, but I'll mention it just in case:

I was trying to solve an issue I'm still having related to a BIOS not loading an ISO and decided to delete the settingsRX2022.cfg file and build it fresh. Had the settings menu consistently crash on me until I discovered that my fonts menu was missing a file that was in the latest build. I was missing the es.dat fonts file. I put that in the fonts folder and the crashing of changing and saving settings stopped.

Edit: More Testing of 9/3:

Batman Forever The Arcade Game - The title music in 2022 loses it's base instruments. In 2.7 it's the complete symphony. Outside that, runs flawlessly in either version, btw. Thought that was kind of an interesting audio bug. Also not a very good game. :)

Last edited by Qaztab,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

i would advice on deleting your entire setup and download fresh, maybe a file is bad, just delete everything and start over.

Also can anyone share the compatibility list link on a more easy to find place? in the OP it would be nice.

Dakangel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@Dakangel I have verified that the emulator gives code dump if you exit without having loaded any game, at least in my original Wii. Load a game as soon as you open the emulator and test if it works this way for you too, I have already been able to change and save the options and exit the emulator without errors with this in mind.
I found the code dump reasons and is because isnt only neccesary to update the dol and its xml (optionally the icon) file in the app folder on the sd/usb but is required to copy the font/language and bios folders inside the until now wiisxrx folder on the sd/usb root too due the current changes on the matter.

tehtemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not sure this is the same thing, but I'll mention it just in case:

I was trying to solve an issue I'm still having related to a BIOS not loading an ISO and decided to delete the settingsRX2022.cfg file and build it fresh. Had the settings menu consistently crash on me until I discovered that my fonts menu was missing a file that was in the latest build. I was missing the es.dat fonts file. I put that in the fonts folder and the crashing of changing and saving settings stopped.
I already copied over all the fonts from the latest build, but that didn't help.

Thanks for the clue about settingsRX2022.cfg. For some reason, my sd:/wiisxrx/ folder did not have a settingsRX2022.cfg file, so I copied the existing settings.cfg for the main WiiSXRX and renamed it to settingsRX2022.cfg and this fixed things for me.

Not sure if the issue is with WiiSXRX 2022 or if my SD card is crapping out.

Qaztab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@pedro702 helped me solve my compatibility issues with Tatsunoko Fight, Panzer Bandit and Touki Denshou: Angel Eyes. Turned out to be something rather simple. The CUE file was pointing to file names that didn't exist, or rather, the file names had been simplified over the more detailed file names specified in the CUE file. The thing is, I had never modified any of these file names. They, and the CUE file contents, were that way from when I had obtained the ISOs.

These games were loading in 2.7 because I was telling it to load the BIN file. In 2022 it simplifies the ISO list and generally only shows you the CUE files. Makes me wonder if it really was fully working in 2.7 if I played the game far enough.

So if you load an ISO and it goes to a black screen and does nothing or if it tells you to "Insert a Playstation CD-Rom", check out the CUE file. It's a text file and you can modify it. It's also something to keep in mind if you decide to rename your files. Make sure the CUE contents match.

Maxbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Came across an audio issue in Castlevania Sotn during the fight with Richter. I had the Faerie Familiar equipped. The song plays in and out, like if someone would mute it but is not constant thru the fight.

Last edited by Maxbeta,
Reactions: 0arsoluto

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Guys

GFX fixes are coming to WiiSXRX_2022 (coming soon being WiiStation) :D

On branches PCSXReARMGTE ( https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/tree/pcsxRearmGte ) and ReARMGTEcounter ( https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/tree/RearmGteCounter ) the author @xjsxjs197 merged some code of GTE and GFX graphics decoding from PCSX-ReARMed.

I compiled these branches, tested with CTR - Crash Team Racing (USA) (where i know there are GFX issues) and these are the results on a comparison:

COMPARISON:

WiiSXRX_2022 current GTE (GFX) decoding code (on main branch)

WiiSXRX_2022 with new GTE (GFX) decoding code from PCSX-ReARMed (on pcsxRearmGte and RearmGteCounter branches)

But... as @xjsxjs197 told, the new GTE code changes to WiiSXRX_2022 will make some games slower without frameskip (3-4 FPS less than main branch).

Stay tuned. :D

EDIT: I will leave builds of main, pcsxRearmGte and RearmGteCounter branches until latest commits from Sept 6, 2022.

saulfabreg

Attachments

• WiiSXRX_2022_git_d6c34e45_04092022.zip
    807.4 KB · Views: 26
  • WiiSXRX_2022_pcsxRearmGte_git_e43c64e9_06092022.zip.zip
    716.5 KB · Views: 26
  • WiiSXRX_2022_RearmGteCounter_git_b06186fd_06092022.zip
    715.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited by SaulFabre,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Guys

On branches PCSXReARMGTE ( https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/tree/pcsxRearmGte ) and ReARMGTEcounter ( https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/tree/RearmGteCounter ) the author @xjsxjs197 merged some code of GTE and GFX graphics decoding from PCSX-ReARMed.

I compiled these branches, tested with CTR - Crash Team Racing (USA) (where i know there are GFX issues) and these are the results on a comparison:

COMPARISON:

View attachment 325938
View attachment 325940

WiiSXRX_2022 with new GTE (GFX) decoding code from PCSX-ReARMed (on pcsxRearmGte and RearmGteCounter branches)

View attachment 325941
View attachment 325942

But... as @xjsxjs197 told, the new GTE code changes to WiiSXRX_2022 will make some games slower without frameskip (3-4 FPS less than main branch).

EDIT: I will leave builds of main, pcsxRearmGte and RearmGteCounter branches until latest commits from Sept 6, 2022.

saulfabreg
what is the diference from counter to no counter?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Guys

COMPARISON:

View attachment 325938
View attachment 325940

View attachment 325941
View attachment 325942

saulfabreg
maybe he can make that a menu option, like decode yes/no and people would only activate the decoder if the games has gfx issues?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
don't know

but i tested CTR on the build with counter and when arrived to the titlescreen throwed code dump error
so i tryed the build without counter sicnce counter crashed after bios for me in some games

It did fix star wars pahntom menace missing parts of the character models but only worked in intrepreter or else it crashed starting new game maybe the dynarec implementation isnt finished yet for this.

But it did make star wars demolition, vigilant 8 and vigilante 8 second offense 2 worse , on the current build you get a white untextured area on this build you get a black textured area full of random stuff lol maybe when the decoder is totaly finished it will fix those 3 games but im happy pahntom menace will be playable in the future xD

Last edited by pedro702,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: I know who I need to call. :ninja: