PS1/2 Emulator WiiStation - Another Fork of WiiSXRX released

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I already had BIOS enabled. Select Bios is set to SD, and Boot Through Bios is set to Yes. Almost all games won't work otherwise.

I had asked a page back if I needed all the BIOS files I had in my BIOS directory and Niuus said I didn't. WiiSXRX 2.7 definitely works with my current game collection and a single BIOS. The emulator seems geared towards looking for SCPH1001.BIN.

I found and renamed some bios's and had something interesting happen. The other bios show the boot screen and tell me to insert a playstation in disk(and in Japanese if I'm using the Japanese bios). I'm wondering if my ISOs for these games are corrupt. I'm going to try and redownload them and see. It's just weird that WiiSXRX 2.7 has no issue loading these.
well i only tried that game yhe fighting anime one you said it crashes for you, for me it works perfetly fine i fought the squid thing or whatever its called.

Qaztab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i only tried that game yhe fighting anime one you said it crashes for you, for me it works perfetly fine i fought the squid thing or whatever its called.
It's a good fighting game. Before 2022 became what it is, it was among the games I'd recommend having WiiSXRX installed for because it worked well and had background music. (btw, the list of games I'd recommend before 2022 was pretty small :D )

Can you tell me the filenames for your copy of Tatsunoko Fight? I have 3:

Tatsunoko Fight (Japan) (Track 1).bin
Tatsunoko Fight (Japan) (Track 2).bin
Tatsunoko Fight (Japan).cue

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It's a good fighting game. Before 2022 became what it is, it was among the games I'd recommend having WiiSXRX installed for because it worked well and had background music. (btw, the list of games I'd recommend before 2022 was pretty small :D )

Can you tell me the filenames for your copy of Tatsunoko Fight? I have 3:

Tatsunoko Fight (Japan) (Track 1).bin
Tatsunoko Fight (Japan) (Track 2).bin
Tatsunoko Fight (Japan).cue
yup same filenames i have could be the bios you are using?

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador

rexus_pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Anyone have decided on one of these names i've suggested instead of WiiStation?
I think that WiiStation is good name too. And it seems that @xjsxjs197 likes it too.

Project name is not that important. Important thing is that most games works :)

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
About the new name to WiiSXRX_2022, instead of WiiStation, anyone wants to use one of these names i have thought?:
:)
  • WiiSX-ReARMed
  • PCSX-ReARMed Wii
  • WiiSX-Recharged
  • WiiSX-Revived
  • WiiSX-ReWiival
  • PCSX-ReWiival
  • PCSX-ReARMed GX
Kinda awful. WiiStation is 1000% much better. Also, any PCSX-ReARMed combination does not make much sense: there is no ARM processor inside the Wii, which is the reason behind the name.

Just did a quick mockup for a WiiStation logo:

wiistation.png

I took inspiration from the prototype Nintendo PlayStation logo here: https://playstation.fandom.com/wiki/Nintendo_PlayStation?file=Nintendo_PlayStation_logo.svg.

Maybe someone can create something better, but I thought I'd use some Nintendo history here :)
A step in the right direction. Though use of the PS icons would be better, as the Super Famicom is already firmly established with those colors, and WiiStation is not a Super Famicom CD / Nintendo Play Station emulator.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Kinda awful. WiiStation is 1000% much better. Also, any PCSX-ReARMed combination does not make much sense: there is no ARM processor inside the Wii, which is the reason behind the name.

A step in the right direction. Though use of the PS icons would be better, as the Super Famicom is already firmly established with those colors, and WiiStation is not a Super Famicom CD / Nintendo Play Station emulator.
@niuus

That's OK.
If everybody is okay with WiiStation, i'm okay with this new name too.

But it just needs a new logo.
I could make one.

0arsoluto

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Anyone have decided on one of these names i've suggested instead of WiiStation?

@pedro702 @0arsoluto @rexus_pl @Qaztab @Lostbhoy @xjsxjs197
Thank you friend for considering my opinion. but why do you want to change the name of wiistation. That name sounds great to me for the emulator. is there a problem with that name? I'm sorry I didn't realize it... if anything tomorrow when it's compatible with 240p I'd call it wiistation240p hahahah. now outside of jokes it seems to me a great name wiistation. the names you suggest seem very long to me, although they are well thought out. a greeting

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Thank you friend for considering my opinion. but why do you want to change the name of wiistation. That name sounds great to me for the emulator. is there a problem with that name? I'm sorry I didn't realize it... if anything tomorrow when it's compatible with 240p I'd call it wiistation240p hahahah. now outside of jokes it seems to me a great name wiistation. the names you suggest seem very long to me, although they are well thought out. a greeting
I already replied that WiiStation it's also OK for me.

@niuus

That's OK.
If everybody is okay with WiiStation, i'm okay with this new name too.

But it just needs a new logo.
I could make one.

My new logo for WiiStation:
All of you
@niuus @pedro702 @0arsoluto @rexus_pl @Qaztab @Lostbhoy @xjsxjs197 @GustavoReis

Tell me if you like this new logo i've designed for the next name WiiStation.

View attachment 325728

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

0arsoluto

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
First of all, thank the creator of this version of the emulator for his efforts in the improvements included and also thank the support and follow-up of the people who come to this forum.
Now I was thinking... a long time ago I downloaded a version of the ps1 emulator on wii (I don't remember what it was exactly) and that version brought as an option in the emulator configuration menu the selection of the ps1 gun for use (it was implemented in the emulator menu but the use of the gun (wii remote as a gun) was not usable in the emulator. would this option be feasible? just like using a gun in wii snes emulators for example it could be carried out in ps1 on wii? Greetings

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjy9nc5QwBY