PS1/2 Emulator WiiStation - Another Fork of WiiSXRX released

Qaztab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this build of wiisxrx 2022 fixed all fmvs, those are older entrys , they arent required to be removed at all now.
I did run into an issue with Blasto. In the latest WiiStation build 9/3, the FMV movies have weird artifacting on the right side of the screen, but the audio is clean. In WiiSXRX 2.7, the FMV appears fine, no artifacting, but the audio does crackle.

I think we're still going to see weird little comparison things like this for a very small number of games. I haven't removed WiiSXRX 2.7 just yet.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I did run into an issue with Blasto. In the latest WiiStation build 9/3, the FMV movies have weird artifacting on the right side of the screen, but the audio is clean. In WiiSXRX 2.7, the FMV appears fine, no artifacting, but the audio does crackle.

I think we're still going to see weird little comparison things like this for a very small number of games. I haven't removed WiiSXRX 2.7 just yet.
what i was meaning is he asked if he needed to remove fmvs like the compatibility says, and you dont, sure there might be some stuff here and there, but you no longer need to remove fmvs for games to work,

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ah, of course! My bad!!

Assuming the console ports are fine the problem may lie within your hdd then. Is it formatted correctly? Is it in an enclosure and have you tried another and or different cable/usb port?
Yes, its format to FAT32 like its supposed to.

Should i just have the regular WiiSXRX on the root apps folder and replace the .DOL with the current version?

Also how does SOTN and Chronicles run for now?

Last edited by MeXen,

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
They run great for me but i havent play them much

i just hope the frame drop outs get fixe din general and of course, the big one eventually, 240p :).

I know i asked this already, but how do you make this update work and be recognized, as in, installed, to see what i could be done wrong.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
eneral and of course, the big one eventually, 240p :).

I know i asked this already, but how do you make t
@MeXen

@xjsxjs197 already told that he won't bring 240p support to WiiSXRX_2022 until new advice, he says that main focus and energy in this project is have more compatibility and maybe better speed.
Quote from https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/issues/9 :
xjsxjs197: Sorry, this requirement is not easy to implement in a short time. Now the main energy is to solve the compatibility problem

So please don't disturb to the dev to put 240p support :gun:

Qaztab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@xjsxjs197 ........says that main focus and energy in this project is have more compatibility and maybe better speed.
Quote from https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/issues/9 :
Ok, that quote has me excited. The speed thing especially. That's really the only thing WiiStation's missing now for best performance on base Wii.

Also other testing on 9/3:

Vigilante 8 and Vigilante 8 2nd Offense - Both run, but the graphic engine can't keep up with the level of detail as you drive around.

Darkstone - Glad to see this now works and runs quite well too. It's a Diablo style game.

Primal Rage - I know I reported this worked before but I had chance to really put some game time in. There's some graphical artifacting in the high score screen and also among the defeated enemy bones in the last boss level. Otherwise I'm still super stoked this works as well as it does.

NFL Blitz - Works quite well. Some very subtle sound effect stutter without frame-skipping set to on, but not really worth the subsequent frame rate dip to turn it on.

If anything the issue with ISO's I try now is more about performance than anything. I haven't had anything *not* at least load. I'm finding the frame-skipping option sometimes overdoes it, and I'm trying to find games that don't need it. It can take a game that has some slight audio stuttering, fix it, but then take the frame rate from perfect to too far down to be enjoyable. I'm sure it would take too much to program in, but if there was a way to scale the frame-skipping rather than an all or none, that would help.

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
Want to say great work on this i made a Wii U Inject and runs flawlessly from what i have tested as for vsync auto fluctuates a little bit to much without it get 70+ fps and seems like it's already vsynced as no screen tearing or anything from what i've noticed

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Latest build of WiiSXRX_2022 from main branch :)

Compiled to latest commits until git fd473d5e
https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/fd473d5e2a978169f6dab0c47f291b071c899b58

This latest commits fixes the pitch issues with CDDA (Compact Disc Digital Audio) audio
(maybe @niuus want to test this build again with the games that he said that it had high-pitched CDDA audio? :) )

I've only tested this build with Pepsiman and the CDDA audio (on the levels) is playing fine.

Attachments

• WiiSXRX_2022_main_git_fd473d5e_12092022.zip
    807.8 KB · Views: 21

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/fd473d5e2a978169f6dab0c47f291b071c899b58

This latest commits fixes the pitch issues with CDDA (Compact Disc Digital Audio) audio
(maybe @niuus want to test this build again with the games that he said that it had high-pitched CDDA audio? :) )

I've only tested this build with Pepsiman and the CDDA audio (on the levels) is playing fine.
Cool, i'll check first, and then merge the commits to the RX branch.

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

Okey, I quickly tested with Mortal Kombat Trilogy. Some minor issues I could spot:
- When the CDDA track changes or ends, the track may skip/repeat (kinda like a scratched CD). This happens randomly, so it works okay most of the time. This happened while in the Tower Ladder view, between rounds, Mode Selection screen, Press Start to Continue screen.

Unrelated to CDDA:
- Load a game, return to emulator menu. Enter Settings, change Boot Trough Bios to No, and press down. Instant DSI crash. Same if you don't load a game.
- Load the emulator, press Quit and then Ok without loading a game. Instant DSI crash.
- Load the emulator, press Settings, and then Execute Bios. Instant ISI crash.

- Have a folder called "Lost World, The - Jurassic Park - Special Edition (USA)" inside the isos folder. If the game file inside exceeds 52 characters, it will say "Failed to load ISO". Under the same circumstances, open the folder, but don't load the game. Press ".." once, and enter the folder again. Instant DSI crash.
- Have a folder called "2022" inside the isos folder. Inside the "2022" folder, create another folder called "Dragon Ball Z - Idainaru Dragon Ball Densetsu (Japan)". Have the bin+cue inside, called the same as the folder. Whichever you load, it will say "Failed to load ISO".
Under the same circumstances, open the folder, but don't load the game. Press ".." once, and enter the folder again. Instant DSI crash.
- Have a folder called "2022" inside the isos folder. Inside the "2022" folder, create another folder called "Dragon Ball Z - Idainaru Dragon Ball Densetsu (Japan)". Have the bin called "Dragon Ball Z - Idainaru Dragon Ball Densetsu (" and the cue called "Dragon Ball Z - Idainaru Dragon Ball Densetsu (Japan)" inside. Press ".." once, and enter the folder again. The filename will display 3 characters only. If you press "..." again, filenames will disappear. Press B to go back to normal. In this example, you can load the bin but only if it doesn't exceed 47 characters.

Last edited by niuus,

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Okey, I quickly tested with Mortal Kombat Trilogy. Some minor issues I could spot:
- When the CDDA track changes or ends, the track may skip/repeat (kinda like a scratched CD). This happens randomly, so it works okay most of the time. This happened while in the Tower Ladder view, between rounds, Mode Selection screen, Press Start to Continue screen.

Unrelated to CDDA:
- Load a game, return to emulator menu. Enter Settings, change Boot Trough Bios to No, and press down. Instant DSI crash. Same if you don't load a game.
- Load the emulator, press Quit and then Ok without loading a game. Instant DSI crash.
both issues reported.

tehtemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Thanks for compiling, Saul!

I tested NBA Jam TE and CDDA works great! No more high pitch!

tehtemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Unrelated to CDDA:
I noticed similar problems with the Settings page and the DSI exception BSODs here: https://gbatemp.net/posts/9929448. Good to know it isn't just me!

Qaztab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unrelated to CDDA:
When I thought it was crashing because I didn't have a font in the font folder it wasn't that. It was actually this. It was just the button inputs in proceeding to the font option and me playing with the boot through BIOS option on the way there.

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@xjsxjs197
Ape Escape (USA) and Driver 2 (USA) are now playable.

Would it be possible to add an option to disable the bilinear filter?

I would also like to add another suggestion: frame duping. The (retroarch) port of pcsx-rearmed has this option as well. It could really give a nice speedup in games that run in 25fps and 30fps.

I would guess that it only refreshes the screen when the frame image actually changes instead always duplicating it or delaying it for two depending if the emulated system is 50fps or 60fps.

Last edited by _47iscool,

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
SOTN is semi playable and i can finally past the title screen, but with frameskip disabled it does slowdown at times, both in game speed and music, while in some parts, music actually plays faster! XP.

As a matter of fact, game speed goes from 50 to 60fps, sometimes goin to 45, and i also noticed that the ''pauses'' between spoken dialogue are shorter this time.

EDIT: Actually, in some parts the game actually goes faster, like over 60fps!, usually during single rooms, vertical ''tower'' rooms and rooms where not much is going on, while in more open areas the game chugs still.

Last edited by MeXen,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hi