Hacking WiinUPro - Pro Controller to PC Gamepad

Deputy_McNuggets

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I managed to actually find someone with a wiiu, so I'm gonna go over there and try to sync it because apparently that can fix it, but please let me know if you manage to fix it any other way as it's a pain to need a wiiu ofc

Gilligan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd like to use my original Wiimote (not the WiiU ones) as a controller for some racing PC games.

Does WiinUsoft support using the Wiimote sideways and the movement as if it were a steering wheel (may be that's called gyroscope)?

If yes, is it included in the Xinput version?

If not, will WiinUpro include such feature?

Thanks

cavolo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey there, I am trying to setup all of this to use my wiiU pro controller on my pc (works perfectly on my Linux system, but you know, some games are windows only :P) and I am a bit bored with all that stuff :d
So:
Windows 10
Followed this

But, my controller in x360ce is "Controller 2" so, I can't play games because they are looking for controller 1, but there is nothing working there.
Controller 1 is XBOX 360 For Windows (Controller)
Controller 2 is vjoy Device

In the windows menu to calibrate controller, if I choose the "xbox" one, I can't calibrate the controller, but if I choose vjoy device, yes.

So, its possible to set Controller 2 as Controller 1 ? Or how to setup all for get it working ?
Thanks !

Kartik

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Just an FYI, WiinUPro does Keyboard and VJoy mapping, which would be a better solution compared to joytokey.
This maybe a error just for me but for every key i press it considers that i have pressed the key two times.For examle if i press the A key once it will consider that i have pressed it two times

Last edited by Kartik,

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got a trendnet (TBW-106UB)

It works now BUT now I have this problem

It only recognizes 3 buttons, Vjoy is working fine showing 18 or 128 buttons everywhere I look, but WiiUpro (from BETA 1 to 7.1) always lets me just pick up to 3 Joystick buttons and NO Joystick Axis
Try setting up and using a different vJoy device.

...the blue LED won't show a connection and the lights just blink for a short while when pressing sync to try and pair the controller and then they turn off....
You need to pair the controller to a Wii U to fix that, at least that's the only way I know of so far.

I managed to actually find someone with a wiiu, so I'm gonna go over there and try to sync it because apparently that can fix it, but please let me know if you manage to fix it any other way as it's a pain to need a wiiu ofc
If you don't want to get a Wii U then perhaps a Steam Link, I'm not sure if it solves that particular issue (as I haven't experienced it for over 2 years now) but it works with the Pro Controller and pairs it, and I assume it's a pairing related issue.

Is there any improvement on the third party wii u pro controller support? Thanks in advance
Nope. Do you have a particular one in mind?

I'd like to use my original Wiimote (not the WiiU ones) as a controller for some racing PC games.

Does WiinUsoft support using the Wiimote sideways and the movement as if it were a steering wheel (may be that's called gyroscope)?

If yes, is it included in the Xinput version?

If not, will WiinUpro include such feature?

Thanks
Yes it does have a rather simple implementation of using the accelerometer in the wiimote (and the nunchuck). It's very basic but since you only need tilt for racing it should do the job. It should be in the release, I'm not in a position where I can check right this second but I definitely remember doing it.
And yes it is the XInput version.
And WiinUPro will also have this feature, but with more configuration options. And once that is all done I will simplify the configuration in WiinUSoft.

But, my controller in x360ce is "Controller 2" so, I can't play games because they are looking for controller 1, but there is nothing working there.
Controller 1 is XBOX 360 For Windows (Controller)
Controller 2 is vjoy Device

In the windows menu to calibrate controller, if I choose the "xbox" one, I can't calibrate the controller, but if I choose vjoy device, yes.

So, its possible to set Controller 2 as Controller 1 ? Or how to setup all for get it working ?
Thanks !
Try using WiinUSoft instead of WiinUPro + X360CE. That should solve it.

does this work on dolphin well?
I've had a few people mention dolphin in conversations during troubleshooting so I'm assuming so.

It would be appriciate if support android and IOS.
Noted

This maybe a error just for me but for every key i press it considers that i have pressed the key two times.For examle if i press the A key once it will consider that i have pressed it two times
Yes this is an error, I have rectified it in the work-in-progress version of WiinUPro.

turpinator

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hi! I'm having trouble setting this up on my PC and am pretty new to this. Is there any way I can get somewhat stupid-proof instructions? (I have read as many tutorials as I could find, but nothing seems to be working/I still kind of don't know what I need to look for to make this lovely program work for me)

So I'm running Windows 10 64bit. This is an upgrade from Win7, if this helps at all. I've been trying to run WiinUSoft 2.1 and have cycled through the Hotfixes with no visible responses, dunno if I'm doing anything wrong or if my PC just simply won't respond to the Pro Controller I am attempting to use. I'm assuming I open WiinUSoft.exe and I should be seeing the Pro controller in the "available devices" side, correct? If so, nothing seems to be making it show.

EDIT: Nevermind, looked up a video and it helped me through it. Something that I didn't see written down in the readme or anything resembling instructions was needing to pair the device with the bluetooth adapter. Again, I will preface this with I am new to this, but maybe some more KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) usage would help here?

Last edited by turpinator,
Reactions: KeyPuncher

ChrissMH

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
so i have not problem making it work in W10 but i have a probably dumb question, is there any way to connect the controller again without the need to "remove the device" and pair it again?
With bluetooth stack you could just search for it more easily...

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use this Software, after a unusal restart/crash etc it usually requires re-syncing with the Wii u to get it connected again.

I never opened the controller up, but if the battery pack is accessible it might be possible to "clear" it that way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof