Hacking WiinUPro - Pro Controller to PC Gamepad

sedemo

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
My dear friend,I want to use your soft,can take the nunchuck‘s right-hand move(I have a USB ir bar) to control the mouse’s cursor。then I can use it in the PC FPS GAMES,so cool~! Can you did it?
PS:I‘m Chinese,my english is so lame,sorry about it。。

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My dear friend,I want to use your soft,can take the nunchuck‘s right-hand move(I have a USB ir bar) to control the mouse’s cursor。then I can use it in the PC FPS GAMES,so cool~! Can you did it?
PS:I‘m Chinese,my english is so lame,sorry about it。。

Something like this is planned but I am not there yet. Currently focusing on finishing my game.

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey. Toshiba stopped recognizing my bluetooth dongle so I tried reinstalling it. It kept failing to recgonize it during isntallation, even though I replaced the tosrfusb.inf. Turns out the Hardware ID for my dongle had changed. I had to find the new one and use that. So yeah. Watch out for that.

Reactions: KeyPuncher

[Alt][F4]

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How come I need some bluetooth to make use of wii u pro controller on pc, my ps3 pad worked fine with just betterds3 app on pc :(

Kyo 3-16

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because unlike the PS3, the Wii U Pro controller can only read from Bluetooth. The USB is only for charging, it will not read the controller's input.

Reactions: KeyPuncher

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi KeyPuncher, at your download page there's two WiinUSoft options to download

WiinUSoft 1.1.zip - v. 1
WiinUSoft.zip - v. 2

Not sure about the difference ...is one newer then the other? or is one 32bit and the other 64bit ?

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
KeyPuncher, I tested that WiinUSoft 1.1 after following all instructions to set controllers. ...And one thing that I noticed was that even when I disable completely the SCP Ds3Service, WiinUSoft works normally, with the Xbox controller emulation happening as it should (btw, Ds3Service was set defaulted to run all the time, even starting at windows boot)...

Is it normal? ...or Ds3Service isn't being needed at all for the controller to work here in my case?

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KeyPuncher, I tested that WiinUSoft 1.1 after following all instructions to set controllers. ...And one thing that I noticed was that even when I disable completely the SCP Ds3Service, WiinUSoft works normally, with the Xbox controller emulation happening as it should (btw, Ds3Service was set defaulted to run all the time, even starting at windows boot)...

Is it normal? ...or Ds3Service isn't being needed at all for the controller to work here in my case?

WiinUSoft 1.1 was indeed the correct one to download. The v2 got put on the other one from uploading a second file of the same name for the first release (must've changed some release notes or something).

Yeah, I don't think you need the DS3 Service running, it's what the driver install adds that is being utilized.

Reactions: Walker D

Johnfrost20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hey KeyPuncher.I installed WiinUSoft 1.1 and everything works fine but I can't map any button to the Xbox 360 controller shoulder buttons(LB,LT,RB,RT) can you help me?

AzerothArg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi! Quick question. How can we upgrade vjoy's lib to match the newer version? The one packed with WiinUpro is 0.2.0.2, a few versions behind.. I've tried to just copy it from vjoy and wiinupro crashes.

Thanks!!!

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey KeyPuncher.I installed WiinUSoft 1.1 and everything works fine but I can't map any button to the Xbox 360 controller shoulder buttons(LB,LT,RB,RT) can you help me?
So they work as the defaults but not when trying to map say A on the Pro Controller to LB? May sound dumb, but did you hit the Apply button? Or close out of the window?

Hi! Quick question. How can we upgrade vjoy's lib to match the newer version? The one packed with WiinUpro is 0.2.0.2, a few versions behind.. I've tried to just copy it from vjoy and wiinupro crashes.

Thanks!!!
I will make sure to update to the latest version for the next release. But if it's not working now you would have to revert the version of vJoy or wait it out.
Personally I think they shouldn't have versioned it from 2.0.2 to 2.0.5 if it isn't backwards compatible.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I've been using WiinUSoft for a while now, but I noticed it has some sort of weird conflict with Uplay (Ubisoft's launcher for games like Assassin's Creed). Whenever I open the Steam overlay in a game and also have Uplay open in the background, the entire computer freezes up for about 10-30 seconds before the overlay becomes responsive, and the same thing also happens when closing the overlay. If I alt tab out and close Uplay (or, alternatively, WiinUSoft, but that defeats the purpose of using the controller then), the problem disappears altogether. This happens in any Steam game I run, as well as any Uplay game I run (so it's not universal to just one or the other, but all three have to be running to exhibit the problem). Uplay seems to have some sort of weird controller integration or something (you can use the A button on a 360 controller to start a game, but can't navigate with it, so it's more or less pointless), and I guess it conflicts with WiinUSoft's "not sharing" thing that was added recently.

Edit: I did some more testing, and it doesn't seem to really involve Steam at all. If I alt tab out of any Assassin's Creed game (sorry, those are the only UPlay games I have), regardless of Steam running, or bring up the UPlay overlay (basically anything that takes control away from the game) it freezes the entire computer for 10-30 seconds as I described above. When UPlay by itself is running with no game (UPlay or otherwise), there's no problem alt tabbing between applications.

Last edited by daxtsu,

DiglidiDude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Had the exact same problem Daxtsu, and I noticed it's because of the SCP component of WiinUSoft.

KeyPuncher said he would rewrite the whole thing so it wouldn't use any SCP parts, but feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@