Hacking WiinUPro - Pro Controller to PC Gamepad

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KeyPuncher, i simply can´t sync my Wii u pro controller with my BT Dongle... Using Win 7 64 bits and i am absolutly sure that i followed the steps correctly...

I got a wii mote here to make sure that my bt dongle was getting signal and it synced first time! Could it be a incompatibility with the Wii u pro controller and my dongle? Have you heard this before?

Is it a Nintendo brand one or is it Afterglow or Nyko? And you had success with the Toshiba Stack installation?

..snip...What gives?

I think MarTn is right with this one, at least that's what it sounds like to me. Hopefully we don't have a whole new issue on our hands.

FoxM4n

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is it a Nintendo brand one or is it Afterglow or Nyko? And you had success with the Toshiba Stack installation?

I think MarTn is right with this one, at least that's what it sounds like to me. Hopefully we don't have a whole new issue on our hands.

I am sure i am using a Nintendo official one... color Black

And yes, i had success installing the Toshiba stack... Followed everything in your video tutorial

Sometimes i get this in Toshiba stack

toshibabt.JPG

Looks like the devive adress...
Again: My wii mote syncs first time... without the motion plus....

Mihawkette

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My pro controller has always been synced to a Wii U since I was using it to play MH before trying to connect it to a PC
Just now I tried and it connected just fine... to the Wii U, and won't work on the computer.
Of course if I were to reinstall the Toshiba stacks it would work just fine -- without even needing to restart the computer when asked to.
When I go through the reinstallation process I assume the Tosfrusb.inf file doesn't get deleted / changed because I don't have to mess with it to make the installation go through.

After It's installed again I can just connect to the controller pressing sync and it works just fine!
I assume that windows changes something on startup? I don't know what to think

DiglidiDude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My pro controller has always been synced to a Wii U since I was using it to play MH before trying to connect it to a PC
Just now I tried and it connected just fine... to the Wii U, and won't work on the computer.
Of course if I were to reinstall the Toshiba stacks it would work just fine -- without even needing to restart the computer when asked to.
When I go through the reinstallation process I assume the Tosfrusb.inf file doesn't get deleted / changed because I don't have to mess with it to make the installation go through.

After It's installed again I can just connect to the controller pressing sync and it works just fine!
I assume that windows changes something on startup? I don't know what to think

I have the exact same problem.
I've been trying to make the process of reinstalling the toshiba BT stack easier by recompiling the data.cab files in both the x32 and x64 versions, but I have come to the conclusion that these files are impossible to be modified. They can only be accessed to, and modifying them is a nightmare.

Plus, a lot of .cab making programs are plain virus-bearing fake programs, so unless someone knows an easy way to edit a file inside a .cab file, that process will only be more tedious.

BestAsheNA

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I have no idea what a "stack" even is. I just want to play games with my Pro Controller.
Can somebody explain this like I'm 5? I'm so lost.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am sure i am using a Nintendo official one... color Black

If you bought it online(yes, even amazon), double check to make sure it's a nintendo official and not a knock-off. The knock-offs are quite hard to tell the difference and function pretty darn well. I'd just google image search to find the differences. It'll be official if you picked it up in the store though. I'm sure it is official, but it doesn't hurt to double check.

D

Deleted User

Hey,
I am trying to use vJoy + WiinUpro, i cant set the joys input on WiinUpro.
Here are two screens to show what im talking about:

45a3b8142b74878efc7fba62e9bccc77241a8305.png

Any idea? :yayps3:
As tu essayé de simplement cocher la case sur cette image ?
Ça fonctionne très bien pour moi.

goom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anybody know the Kinivo BTD 400 will work with the toshiba stack? i asked in the other thread but it kind of died. thanks!

hey, i've been having some issues with my toshiba driver installation. i edited the ini to include my bluetooth usb, but can't get past the message 'please insert bluetooth device and press ok button'. is it possible my device isn't compatible? http://www.amazon.com/Kinivo-BTD-400-Bluetooth-4-0-adapter/dp/B007Q45EF4/ this is what i'm currently using, has anybody else gotten it to work?

i've been eyeing Azio-BTD-V201 if this one doesn't work out.

FoxM4n

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you bought it online(yes, even amazon), double check to make sure it's a nintendo official and not a knock-off. The knock-offs are quite hard to tell the difference and function pretty darn well. I'd just google image search to find the differences. It'll be official if you picked it up in the store though. I'm sure it is official, but it doesn't hurt to double check.

100% sure.... i double checked before buyin it....

Lionellmax

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
hi all , new to WiinUPro , connected my wii classic controller pro to my wii mote , all the buttons except for the analog sticks are detected, and whenever i try to set them and calibrate the controller , i get the error :
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArithmeticException: Function does not accept floating point Not-a-Number values.
at System.Math.Sign(Single value)
at WiinUPro.ClassicInfo.AnalogAction(Int32 shift, Int32 index, Single x, Single y, Direction d)
at WiinUPro.ClassicInfo.ClassicUpdate(ClassicControllerState cs, Int32 shift)
at WiinUPro.MoteInfo.UpdateWiimoteChanged(WiimoteChangedEventArgs args)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8009 (FX35W81RTMGDR.050727-8000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
WiinUPro
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Usman/Downloads/WiinUPro%20Beta%207.1%2064-Bit/WiinUPro.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8008 (FX35W81RTMGDR.050727-8000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8007 (FX35W81RTMGDR.050727-8000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
WiimoteLib
Assembly Version: 1.8.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.8.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Usman/Downloads/WiinUPro%20Beta%207.1%2064-Bit/WiimoteLib.DLL
vJoyInterfaceWrap
Assembly Version: 2.0.1.2
Win32 Version: 2.0.1.02
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Usman/Downloads/WiinUPro%20Beta%207.1%2064-Bit/vJoyInterfaceWrap.DLL
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
InputManager
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Usman/Downloads/WiinUPro%20Beta%207.1%2064-Bit/InputManager.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
i am using windows 8.1 64bit ,please someone help me :( :( :(

thanks in advance

dsifriend

Trophies
XP
Country
*sigh* :(

Can anybody help? I'm having problems with the Toshiba stack installation.
I really hate bothering you all by asking for help, but I'm out of ideas at this point.

Everything seems to install just fine using the instructions on that reddit thread by pwncloud, which KeyPuncher posted. I had to use those as I'm running Windows 8 AND use a built-in bluetooth. However, when it's finished and I click on the add new connections button on the bluetooth manager, it spits out an error saying "Bluetooth is not ready" or something of the like. When I check my bluetooth radios under device manager, I get a code 10 (device cannnot start) for FRBUS. Is that normal? Just to be clear, this is not the same problem Dork had. The driver for FRBUS does actually install. If any of you suspect it's a problem with the specific adapter, then what I've got right now is that it's a Ralink adapter. I'm too tired to check which one in specific, because I just finished reading all 33 pages on this thread. I was hoping to find a solution, but nothing seemed to work for me (WiiPair, Stack switcher, etc. didn't work).

For now I'll go back to using my CC pro and Wiimote+ (which works great without the Toshiba stack, mind you) unless anyone has any ideas on what to do.

Your idea, KeyPuncher, of writing a driver for the Wii U Pro sounds great, very promising. I hope I get to see it in a year or two... or whenever, really :P.
I'd also like to thank you on what a great program this already is despite the few issues. I've had a lot of fun with it this past year! I just wish using the Pro controller wasn't so much more of a hassle (/_\).

P.S. although it's probably not related to my problem or anything, I'd like to mention that using my default stack (bluesoleil), the controller actually pairs, but won't send any meaningful data. I say meaningful, because (when I tried using that other Wii U Pro to PC program that was mentioned) it would actually detect random garbage (i.e. the buttons were firing like crazy).

rennsport

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question about using this with Project64. Is it possible to have it all 360˚ of the control stick rotation or am I just stuck to the 8 combos that WASD provide?

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, I haven't been seeing so much of this forum because gbatemp only notifies me of one alert and if that goes unread, no new notifications are sent for any new alerts. I am however, on track for the January release of the simple version called WiinUSoft which will connect your controllers as Xbox 360 controllers.

hi all , new to WiinUPro , connected my wii classic controller pro to my wii mote , all the buttons except for the analog sticks are detected, and whenever i try to set them and calibrate the controller , i get the error :
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArithmeticException: Function does not accept floating point Not-a-Number values.
at System.Math.Sign(Single value)
at WiinUPro.ClassicInfo.AnalogAction(Int32 shift, Int32 index, Single x, Single y, Direction d)
*snip*
i am using windows 8.1 64bit ,please someone help me :( :( :(

thanks in advance

Might you be using a third party Classic Controller Pro?

*snip* it spits out an error saying "Bluetooth is not ready" or something of the like. ...I've got right now is that it's a Ralink adapter. I'm too tired to check which one in specific, because I just finished reading all 33 pages on this thread. I was hoping to find a solution, but nothing seemed to work for me (WiiPair, Stack switcher, etc. didn't work).

For now I'll go back to using my CC pro and Wiimote+ (which works great without the Toshiba stack, mind you) unless anyone has any ideas on what to do.

Your idea, KeyPuncher, of writing a driver for the Wii U Pro sounds great, very promising. I hope I get to see it in a year or two... or whenever, really :P.
I'd also like to thank you on what a great program this already is despite the few issues. I've had a lot of fun with it this past year! I just wish using the Pro controller wasn't so much more of a hassle (/_\).

P.S. although it's probably not related to my problem or anything, I'd like to mention that using my default stack (bluesoleil), the controller actually pairs, but won't send any meaningful data. I say meaningful, because (when I tried using that other Wii U Pro to PC program that was mentioned) it would actually detect random garbage (i.e. the buttons were firing like crazy).

I unintentionally stumbled upon a Dolphin wiki article, that says there's no known solution to my problem. Thanks anyways. I'll still be looking forward to future updates ;)

Man that sounds like a headache. Did the article you found mention if it was because of your bluetooth device or software related?
The only thing I could think to try would involve buying a usb BT dongle, though I'm always hesitant to suggest spending any sort of money (unless it's for a Nintendo Pro Controller). But I'm glad that you have been able to use your classic controller at least, and I'm glad you like the program so far!
If it interests you at all, the donations that have been coming in have raised enough to get a controller or two for researching adding support for and I'm planning on taking a poll after the release of WiinUSoft. So perhaps you can check that out on the website when it's ready.

I have a question about using this with Project64. Is it possible to have it all 360˚ of the control stick rotation or am I just stuck to the 8 combos that WASD provide?

You should be able to get the full range depending on how it's set up. WiinUSoft should be able to help with that assuming Project64 has an input plugin that accepts XInput.

Okay, I have no idea what a "stack" even is. I just want to play games with my Pro Controller.
Can somebody explain this like I'm 5? I'm so lost.

Once I release WiinUSoft I will be putting together tutorials in both text and video form that are as comprehensive as I can make possible to help people get up and running. I can't really go into detail at the moment, but a BlueTooth Stack (like a driver) is software that handles the BlueTooth communications between your computer and your devices (like the Pro Controller). And I know that's not like you're 5, but perhaps someone else could elaborate.

Lionellmax

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Hi everyone, I haven't been seeing so much of this forum because gbatemp only notifies me of one alert and if that goes unread, no new notifications are sent for any new alerts. I am however, on track for the January release of the simple version called WiinUSoft which will connect your controllers as Xbox 360 controllers.

Might you be using a third party Classic Controller Pro?

Man that sounds like a headache. Did the article you found mention if it was because of your bluetooth device or software related?
The only thing I could think to try would involve buying a usb BT dongle, though I'm always hesitant to suggest spending any sort of money (unless it's for a Nintendo Pro Controller). But I'm glad that you have been able to use your classic controller at least, and I'm glad you like the program so far!
If it interests you at all, the donations that have been coming in have raised enough to get a controller or two for researching adding support for and I'm planning on taking a poll after the release of WiinUSoft. So perhaps you can check that out on the website when it's ready.

You should be able to get the full range depending on how it's set up. WiinUSoft should be able to help with that assuming Project64 has an input plugin that accepts XInput.

Once I release WiinUSoft I will be putting together tutorials in both text and video form that are as comprehensive as I can make possible to help people get up and running. I can't really go into detail at the moment, but a BlueTooth Stack (like a driver) is software that handles the BlueTooth communications between your computer and your devices (like the Pro Controller). And I know that's not like you're 5, but perhaps someone else could elaborate.

yes i am using a third part classic controller pro , all buttons are detected fine , only get the error while setting the analog sticks :( :(

D

Deleted User

I tried using Nrage's Nrage Input Plugin 2.3c and it has XInput support, but it seems that XInput only supports Xbox controllers with his plugin?

WiinUSoft isn't yet released.
WiinUSoft will convert your WiiU Pro Controller signal into an XInput controller (like XBOX 360 controller).

Reactions: rennsport

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree" +1