Hacking WiinUPro - Pro Controller to PC Gamepad

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
KeyPuncher, there's still something to be done about input lag, or what we experience now is pretty much what can be done about it? (I casually play with WiinUPro, but I can't do speedruns cause of input lag differences)

bobrocks95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well assuming he's talking about the beta that Keypuncher will send out for you to test games on, I got major input lag as well. It's unlikely it's the adapter since the vjoy + x360ce combo worked perfectly, and that's a longer chain where things would be more likely to go wrong. Something involving the XInput support needs to be rewritten in WiinUPro, and I assume Keypuncher is working on figuring out the problem.

r0b0tr0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi! I'm using WiiUPro just to assign keys to my Classic Controller Pro but every time I push a button (or a direction) on the controller the input gets detected twice: once when I press a button and another when I release it. I tested it on notepad and every time I press a button, a character gets typed twice.

I checked both the Beta 7.1 on XP 32b and the 64b on Win 7 with a regular wiimote, the Toshiba stack (also tested with the Windows one) and a really cheap bluetooth dongle. I also tested my setup with glovepie and it's working just fine.

Does anyone else have this issue with the Classic Controller Pro? Could it be a bug? Thank you KeyPuncher for your hard work!

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi! I'm using WiiUPro just to assign keys to my Classic Controller Pro but every time I push a button (or a direction) on the controller the input gets detected twice
Um... never happened to me. Check if you configured vjoy properly (follow what KeyPuncher shows here and set Target Device to something like 8), then connect your controller with WiinUPro and go to the properties of the Windows USB game controllers and calibrate the controller (don't calibrate it from WiinUPro). See if that help.

Edit: Also, from WiinUPro, enter one of the keys you configured and see if "Enable Turbo" is selected (it shouldn't)

r0b0tr0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Um... never happened to me. Check if you configured vjoy properly (follow what KeyPuncher shows here and set Target Device to something like 8), then connect your controller with WiinUPro and go to the properties of the Windows USB game controllers and calibrate the controller (don't calibrate it from WiinUPro). See if that help.

Edit: Also, from WiinUPro, enter one of the keys you configured and see if "Enable Turbo" is selected (it shouldn't)

Thanks Walker D. I've double checked my set up as the video, the Turbo option is not enabled and tried the target device as 8, but the result is the same.

BTW, if I press a button and keep it pressed, it does nothing. Only when I released it it gets another input signal (that's when it writes down the second same character in notepad).

In glovepie, if I keep a button pressed, it starts writing the same character over and over again as expected.

I also tried a laptop that includes its own bluetooth dongle but again it types twice for every button I press. I'll try a Normal Classic Controller later.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Um... I now see what you mean r0b0tr0n ...I had a custom profile with some keyboard inputs (but never used it actually) turns out that you're right.
WiinUPro seems to do just what you described for keyboard inputs ...with the vJoy inputs it seems to do what it should though. If you can use Joy inputs instead, I would advise to do so.

I just tested with my original CC Pro, and it's very weird the way the keyboard inputs are read actually (you should take a look on this when possible KeyPuncher ). I thought it was a problem of input speed recognition, so I pressed some buttons very fast, but the results were kinda random (sometimes most buttons gave me only one input but with B button giving me always two keyboard inputs ...and when I changed some input configs, B button gave me only one input with most others giving me two..)

I found two workarounds:
Best is to use Joy inputs, as I said before.
Other option is to enable the "Enable Turbo" option. That way the test that I described earlier (of pressing the buttons fast) will give you one keyboard input per button press... ...seemed to be consistent to me (if you press fast).
You can leave your Turbo Speed at the minimum or, to have a input repetition (when the button is pressed down) more similar to glovepie, you can increase it.

For now, this is the best you can do about it.

r0b0tr0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yup, the vJoy part works fine, but some old games don't use any joystick inputs, just keys. I'll be using the old glovepie but I'll be cheering up for this project because I'm about to get a Wii U Pro Controller. Thanks again Walker D.

Reactions: Walker D

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
but some old games don't use any joystick inputs, just keys
in that case, you can also use WiinUPro + JoytoKey (..that's my setup for a lot of games). But GlovePie indeed has some advantages still. It's simple to setup, and in my case, it search and connects with my controller by itself after I press the Run code button (don't know if it works for everyone, but I always found that to be super handy)

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KeyPuncher, there's still something to be done about input lag, or what we experience now is pretty much what can be done about it?

The XInput test or with the Beta 7?
The XInput stuff isn't anywhere near final and the library for communicating with the controller has already been completely re-done which may or may not help performance but it does fix a whole slew of issues.

Hi! I'm using WiiUPro just to assign keys to my Classic Controller Pro but every time I push a button (or a direction) on the controller the input gets detected twice...

Beta 3 doesn't do that as shown in the change log. This is from the 3rd party library I was using for keyboard simulation. I was playing with two of them. One works with directx games but causes a double press to happen on the button up event, the other does neither.

But I have found a solution to the annoying double input issue and I will put it in the final release.

I'm currently thinking that version 1.0 will focus on having the functionality of Beta 7 but uses the new controller communication library I wrote which resolves a good number of controller connection related issues and will also have a new and more user friendly interface.

Also, a thanks to those who have given donations, as not only has it paid for the WiinUPro.com domain name, but it has also helped me find and solve an issue that related to the newest Wiimotes (like the Luigi Wiimote) that makes the program think it's a Pro Controller instead. And it has helped with me with figuring out how to initialize and use the built in Wii Motion Plus. Thanks!

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I was curious about the normal DirectInput latency actually. And thanks for working on this project! it's a very cool software
GlovePie (...), it search and connects with my controller by itself after I press the Run code button (don't know if it works for everyone, but I always found that to be super handy)
Could something like this happen in the future KeyPuncher? ...if WiinUPro could search and connect by itself with a wiimote/CC, would make the software much more user friendly/convenient to use.
It could happen at launch, or after pressing a "run/search/connect" button, more like GlovePie do.

Reactions: KeyPuncher

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad you like it. For DirectInput it would be hard to tell if it's my application or the vJoy interface that is being slow (not to point fingers but I think the delay happens when going through vJoy since reading from the controller happens quite quick). I will be looking into other solutions for DirectInput other than just vJoy, but I would like to get through XInput first I think.

Could something like this happen in the future KeyPuncher?

If the auto connect is enabled it will automatically connect those controllers if they are available when the program starts. As for connecting additional controllers after the program has started that's no problem either, it will pretty much the same logic as when the program starts. What's currently in the final release should be much friendlier.

del_delly

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Also, a thanks to those who have given donations, as not only has it paid for the WiinUPro.com domain name, but it has also helped me find and solve an issue that related to the newest Wiimotes (like the Luigi Wiimote) that makes the program think it's a Pro Controller instead. And it has helped with me with figuring out how to initialize and use the built in Wii Motion Plus. Thanks!

What about Wii U Pro being identified as a Wiimote+? Well, best of luck onwards in the development.

bobrocks95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The XInput stuff isn't anywhere near final and the library for communicating with the controller has already been completely re-done which may or may not help performance but it does fix a whole slew of issues.

Do you have a compiled version with the re-done library you're willing to give out for testing? I commented on the lag when I gave you the results of testing some games I had, and I still have that old version with XInput you sent, so I could test to see if the lag is gone or at least lessened.

Oma Els

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
CPnieuws.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi guys.

First off, thank you very much KeyPuncher for your efforts!

I wanted to let you all know that it's actually possible to emulate a XBOX 360 controller using a Wii Classic Controller using TouchMote (http://touchmote.net/). The app can pair your WiiMote (+ nunchuk/classic controller) as well. The only thing you need to do is set the output to '360 controller' and you're done. It's open source, too.

I only tested the software for a very short time, so there may be problems I don't know about. However, it worked flawlessly while playing.

I apologise if this sounded like an advertisement!

Reactions: KeyPuncher

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have a compiled version with the re-done library you're willing to give out for testing? I commented on the lag when I gave you the results of testing some games I had, and I still have that old version with XInput you sent, so I could test to see if the lag is gone or at least lessened.

It's runnable, but I wouldn't call it stable. Missing too many elements at the moment. If it was lag using XInput then that would be the cause.

Hi guys.

First off, thank you very much KeyPuncher for your efforts!

I wanted to let you all know that it's actually possible to emulate a XBOX 360 controller using a Wii Classic Controller using TouchMote (http://touchmote.net/). The app can pair your WiiMote (+ nunchuk/classic controller) as well. The only thing you need to do is set the output to '360 controller' and you're done. It's open source, too.

I only tested the software for a very short time, so there may be problems I don't know about. However, it worked flawlessly while playing.

I apologise if this sounded like an advertisement!

Thanks for sharing!

The project that was used to add the XInput support is the same one I had been modeling mine off of. Looks like a great job was done of putting the most important parts into C# and making it very readable. I should be to absorb that part into my code fairly easily. I'll have to about contributing back with Pro Controller and newer Wiimote support as the tweaks that I made to the WiimoteLib wasn't quite enough. Perhaps I can just cut out the Pro Controller support from my code to turn it into a module they can incorporate.

JonFM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Im having trouble getting the bluethooth stack to install the drivers on windows 8.1
I've edited the tosrfusb.ini and it keeps asking for me to plug in the USB adapter, even though it already plugged in

I've tried uninstalling the Stack already and reinstalling it but that didn't work
I also tried removing all the other Hardware ID so only my device is in there but it still doesn't work

Any Ideas on what todo now?

Also Is there any other Bluethooth Stack I can use instead of Toshiba?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock