Hacking WiinUPro - Pro Controller to PC Gamepad

dreassica

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Got my Laptops internal bluetooth working using the config editing technique at first, but now the bluetooth config wont detect my wiiu pro controller anymore already.

specht

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Even if it is dead, and I still have some hope that it isn't, it's an awesome program that I use for all of my controller enabled games. It's not so much dead as finished.

It doesn't seem as much dead as that they polished all the features that were really important.

All I could really ask for is rumble support now.

And since this is actually the thread about WiinUPro, I'll just leave this here too...

I've just got my controller working flawlessly with X-Input. There are videos showing how to do it in Win7 but I've never found a decent tutorial written down that's easy to follow. So here's my crack at the guide I would've liked to have when I was setting up.

• Check the version of your Bluetooth device.
    • If you're having issues reconnecting the controller, try a device using Bluetooth 2.0 or up. Logitech Bluetooth adapters can be installed as a Bluetooth devices if you hold the connect button when you first insert it. (Odd, but useful if you have some Logitech devices already)
  • Find your hardware id.
    • If you haven't installed your devices Bluetooth drivers, do so now.
    • Go to device manager and right click to properties on your Bluetooth driver.
    • On the far right tab, click hardware id on the drop down box and copy/paste the bottom value somewhere.
    • Close the properties window.
  • Uninstall your Bluetooth driver and unplug your device.
  • Start installing the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack.
    • Once it gets to the point it asks you to plug in your device, do not plug it in.
    • Open (Toshiba Bluetooth Stack directory)\Drivers\tosrfusb\tosrfusb.inf in notepad.
    • Ctrl+f your hardware id. If it shows up, skip this whole step.
    • Copy the bottom line of the [standard] list and paste below it.
    • Change the number to be the next consecutive number and copy/paste your hardware id from earlier over the hardware id at the end of the line.
    • Copy this line and paste it at the bottom of the [standard.NTamd64] list.
    • Copy the last line in the file and paste below, change the number to the next censecutive number and give your device any name in the quotations.
    • SAVE (in multiple locations in case you have to redo this part)
  • Plug in your device
    • Click OK in the Toshiba installation once the device is recognized. Let all drivers install.
    • Restart your PC when prompted.
  • Install Vjoy
    • Once vjoy is installed(may need to reboot again??), type configure vjoy in search and open it.
    • Under basic axes, you want x, y, z, r/rz/rudder, u, and v.
    • Under POV Hat/Switch you want Continuous and 1 POVs
    • Number of buttons: I normally just go with 17 but you can go with less.
  • Connect your controller
    • Double click the Bluetooth logo in the taskbar.
    • Follow the instructions to sync the controller, press the sync button on the controller when asked.
  • Open WiinUPro
    • Click the check mark next to your Wii U Pro controller and choose joypad in the drop down box then connect.
    • Set ZR to +U joystick axis and ZL to +V joystick axis (if you plan on using Xinput enabled games)
    • Go to tools and open game controllers.
    • Highlight vjoy and click properties.
    • Go to settings and calibrate.
    • Use the left stick for the circles and press the B button to continue.
    • The Z Axis is up and down on right stick and Z Rotation is left and right on that stick.
    • Use ZL for U axis and ZR for V then finish the calibration
  • Congrats! Your controller is now configured as a basic game controller in Win7! See below for how to enable Xinput.
  • Open regedit.exe
    • Change HKEY_CURRENT_USER\system\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_1234&PID_BEAD\OEMName to "XBOX 360 For Windows (Controller)" without quotations.
    • Repeat in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE directory.
    • Exit regedit.
  • Connect your controller, then open Vjoy and configure to the same as above, then open WiinUPro and configure to the same as above, minimize it.
  • Download x360ce and the libraries that correspond with your machine (go with 32bit then 64 if 32 gives you trouble)
    • Extract everything to the games install folder, where the .exe is. (you have to do this with any game you want to play with this) Open x360ce and click OK to recognize the game then save and exit.
    • Open x360ce.exe again and click OK on everything. Set the left Trigger to Sliders\Half\HSlider 1 and the right slider to Sliders\Half\HSlider 2.
    • Set Left Stick Axis X to axes\Axis 1 and the Y axis to axes\inverted\IAxis 2
    • Set right Stick Axis X to axes\Axes 6 and the Y axis to axes\Axis 3.
    • Use the record drop down option to set the remaining buttons, then save and close. Whenever you start the game, x360ce will open as well.
  • ENJOY!

Reactions: KeyPuncher

del_delly

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Even if it is dead, and I still have some hope that it isn't, it's an awesome program that I use for all of my controller enabled games. It's not so much dead as finished.

A WiiU is still needed to actually use the controller.
And as said: No rumble yet.
So at the least it got the majority of the needed features down. But needing a WiiU is a annoying nail in the wrapper, since nether of the OPs actually post a warning about the need of one. Reddit threads ignore it too.

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So at the least it got the majority of the needed features down. But needing a WiiU is a annoying nail in the wrapper, since nether of the OPs actually post a warning about the need of one. Reddit threads ignore it too.

You just need it to have synced to a Wii U once. I got the controller used months before I got a Wii U. If yours is new and you don't have the console, go to a friend's house or a demo station and sync it there.

cor5151

Trophies
XP
Country
Great job with this, been testing x360ce on a bunch of games, work's very well in its current state, got it running in a few hours after picking up a pro controller on a 8.1 laptop with built in bluetooth. noticed the pro controller sometimes won't resync with bluetooth after reset and have to resync with wii u to make it work.
can't get the axis on the nunchuck to work with a motion+ wiimote either, Thanks i'm lovin it

D

Deleted User

Thanks for all, I'm using Wiinupro since beta7 is available to play Phantasy Star Online 2 and some emulators, it is really better than XBOX 360 controller.
I hope this awesome new release to be there soon, can't wait !

Thanks for all and sorry for my poor english, I'm french.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if your still having trouble with BT stacks take a look at glovepie it can pickup nintendo and 3rd party wiimotes using the windows stack no problem
I use glovepie to play Devil May Cry 3 with my Wiimote+Nunchuk

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Just to be clear, the disconnect that sometimes occurs is suspected to be caused by the Pro Controller's firmware, it's not a result of using the program or perhaps even the bluetooth stack. I had already used my Pro Controller with my Wii U so I was unaware that it was an issue, even when I experienced it for the first time I though it was just a fluke since I was experimenting. I've tacked it to the top post now.

if your still having trouble with BT stacks take a look at glovepie it can pickup nintendo and 3rd party wiimotes using the windows stack no problem
I use glovepie to play Devil May Cry 3 with my Wiimote+Nunchuk

But the question is can it detect Pro Controllers and newer WiimotePlus controllers with the Windows Stack. The (probably) firmware of the Pro Controller and newer Wiimotes don't play nice with the Windows BT Stack, so once data is requested the controller disconnects. But it doesn't occur for the other Wiimotes and its peripherals. WiinUPro can still be used with the Windows BT Stack for those devices that will stay connected.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just to be clear, the disconnect that sometimes occurs is suspected to be caused by the Pro Controller's firmware, it's not a result of using the program or perhaps even the bluetooth stack. I had already used my Pro Controller with my Wii U so I was unaware that it was an issue, even when I experienced it for the first time I though it was just a fluke since I was experimenting. I've tacked it to the top post now.

But the question is can it detect Pro Controllers and newer WiimotePlus controllers with the Windows Stack. The (probably) firmware of the Pro Controller and newer Wiimotes don't play nice with the Windows BT Stack, so once data is requested the controller disconnects. But it doesn't occur for the other Wiimotes and its peripherals. WiinUPro can still be used with the Windows BT Stack for those devices that will stay connected.
My third-party biogenik that has wiimotion+ built-in is what I use to play dmc3 glovepie also has the motion+ actions availible although don't know well it would work with games that aren't designed for it's features. Mind you I still have an original 2006 Wii no WiiU

Avc123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, it's more like this:

1. You may have problem connecting the controller, and in that case you may need a WiiU. You may not have any problems, and if you do, there is also an alternate fix involving button mashing that usually works. Only if you're really unlucky will you need WiiU.

Could you elaborate on this "button mashing fix"

Neother

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, awesome program, looking forward to it's final release! However, I'm having a weird problem with constant inputs. I'm getting a constant up and left analog input in a lot of games(possibly all, but some ignore and are playable), and sometimes even constant button inputs. I'm not sure if it's coming from vjoy directly or if its coming from wiinupro, but I'm leaning toward it being vjoy. Apparently it's a common problem as I have found it mentioned repeatedly on the steam forums for various games and the only working solution was to uninstall vjoy. Anyone run into this problem and get their pro controller working? Currently I'm only able to play games with it that ignore some of these inputs or have some sort of controller selector.

Neother

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, although I did change the registry entry to the 360 controller name from vjoy, but that's made all games I've tried so far see it as a 360 controller, albeit with mixed up button inputs. I did try to use x360ce once, but it didn't seem to have any effect or change once i booted up a game.

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, although I did change the registry entry to the 360 controller name from vjoy, but that's made all games I've tried so far see it as a 360 controller, albeit with mixed up button inputs. I did try to use x360ce once, but it didn't seem to have any effect or change once i booted up a game.

That might be it. I've seen some games react that way with just using the registry edit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5