Hacking WiinUPro - Pro Controller to PC Gamepad

V13Dweller

Trophies
XP
Country
My standard Bluetooth (Toshiba 8.00.12(T)) stack cannot even find my Wii U Pro Controller. I have a Toshiba L750 with the Toshiba Stack pre-installed. I have an Afterglow Wii U Pro Controller that I got about 4 hours ago, it works perfectly on my Wii U, etc. but my stack cannot find it. Is it because I'm using an aftermarket controller or is it my laptop? Thanks for your time.

Makere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
My standard Bluetooth (Toshiba 8.00.12(T)) stack cannot even find my Wii U Pro Controller. I have a Toshiba L750 with the Toshiba Stack pre-installed. I have an Afterglow Wii U Pro Controller that I got about 4 hours ago, it works perfectly on my Wii U, etc. but my stack cannot find it. Is it because I'm using an aftermarket controller or is it my laptop? Thanks for your time.

Did you press the Sync button so that it's "flashing", when you're trying to search with the bluetooth? Also make sure that your computer can find other bluetooth devices (mobile phones etc).

V13Dweller

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you press the Sync button so that it's "flashing", when you're trying to search with the bluetooth? Also make sure that your computer can find other bluetooth devices (mobile phones etc).
Yes, I frequently connect my Wii Remotes to my laptop so it's all set up perfectly.

Edit: Every time I do try to sync my controller a mobile phone comes up called Ravjeer. It only comes up when I have my controller in sync-mode. When I try to pair to the phone, it repeatedly fails pretty much instantly. I'm pretty sure the phone is my next door neighbour's, so are the two devices sharing the same frequency maybe?

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's too bad that many games stop supporting directInput.

Also I can't get the binding to keyboard to work, yeah it binds the buttons fine, but they do nothing on applications.
Try using Beta 3 and see if that works. It uses a different library for keyboard emulation, but doesn't seem to support many games which is why I'm not using it.

My first thought would be to say that it's because it's a third party controller, but I'm not sure, I would think that it would still be able to connect. If you're able to test discovering the controller on other devices that would be a starting place for troubleshooting it.

V13Dweller

Trophies
XP
Country
My MacBook couldn't find my controller either, so I guess it's just because it's an aftermarket controller. But how could the Wii U register it, but not anything else? Seems strange.

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My MacBook couldn't find my controller either, so I guess it's just because it's an aftermarket controller. But how could the Wii U register it, but not anything else? Seems strange.

Then I guess the controller is hidden to other devices? That's pretty weird. Maybe it's similar to when you turn on your phone's bluetooth but only having it visible to paired devices.

pwncloud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My controller was once connected and working fine but for some reason only a couple seconds after pairing it disconnects (the icon no longer shows the green connected symbol). The LEDs no longer flash, the program doesn't recognize any devices.

Any idea how to fix this? I reinstalled VJoy, but that didn't do anything, and I don't want to have to reinstall Toshiba bluetooth stack because 1) it was a bitch to install on Windows 8 with a built-in receiver and 2) if this ever happens again this would be a terrible thing to have to do over and over. I've restarted of course as well. I can't manage to delete the Nintendo-RVL-CNT-01-UC from Devices and Printers, in Windows 8's Devices metro app, and I don't see any of my bluetooth devices in Device Manager either.

Thanks a ton!

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My controller was once connected and working fine but for some reason only a couple seconds after pairing it disconnects (the icon no longer shows the green connected symbol). The LEDs no longer flash, the program doesn't recognize any devices....

What you are describing sounds similar to problems other users have experienced as well as myself. The common solution for this is to pair it with a Wii U, hopefully that is an easy option for you.

An update for everyone, Beta 6 that I had to work on over the weekend has been delayed a little longer due to a work deadline that had been moved up by nearly a week. In fact I just finished working on it for the night and now it's sleep time :sleep:

Ravyu

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi guys.

At first, the entire set up was working really well. However, I could not get the analogue sticks to be recognised as -Y, +Y instead of A,W,S,D. Realising I had done a mistake, I went back to the vJoy setup in device and managers. Thinking that something was wrong, I went and deleted the device in my toshiba BT stack manager. Now when I want to connect back heres what happens-

1) I go and click "New connection" in the Toshiba BT settings
2) As prompted, I press the sync button on the Wii U pro controller
3) The stack recognises my controller, and I proceed with the installation
4) As soon as the installation finishes, my Wii U pro controller lights stop blinking and within a few seconds the controller is disconnected
5) Even after connecting it back, the lights stop blinking immediately.

Before this, the lights were blinking all the way until I set the controller up on the WiiinUpro application, now I can't set it up anymore because the lights aren't blinking.

First post, pls forgive for my lack of expertise on this :)

Ravyu

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Ok so I got it to work again :)

Now, the X and Y input thingy is not working still.. The analogue sticks can still only be configured as AWSD. When I go to the vJoy settings, I am able to click the red buttons, however when I calibrate my analogue sticks, they simply do not work (aka, like when they ask to push the X stick all the way up and down, it doesn't work). How do I solve this? I really wanna play with the analogue input please! And btw, what is Joy 1, 2, 3.. buttons? Thanks

cloaknsmoke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if it was properly conveyed, but I think the way to solve this whole no joystick axis problem is to have your program not check joysticks sequentially. If I have sequential joysticks, all of them are messed up. WiinUPro doesn't see more than 8 buttons or any axis, and the demo feeder program shows similar results. However, if you delete the first joystick, then configure a second one, the feeder programs sees the axis as they should be and the proper number of buttons. Obviously I can't check WiinUPro because it stops checking after it sees no joystick 1. I haven't found a way for joystick one to be recognized correctly by anything, but if someone else solved this problem please let us know. I'm on Win8 x64 in Test Mode.

Edit: Uh, nevermind? I don't know what I did to fix this, but now it's working with only 1 joystick. All I did was have 1 joystick in slot 2 that worked, then I reset everything, checked all the boxes under 1, hit apply, unchecked the ones except X, Y, Rx, and Ry, then hit apply and then it worked.

pwncloud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What you are describing sounds similar to problems other users have experienced as well as myself. The common solution for this is to pair it with a Wii U, hopefully that is an easy option for you.

An update for everyone, Beta 6 that I had to work on over the weekend has been delayed a little longer due to a work deadline that had been moved up by nearly a week. In fact I just finished working on it for the night and now it's sleep time :sleep:

Thanks for the quick reply.

Unfortunately I don't actually have a Wii U... I will eventually, but I only have a controller at the moment. Should I try pairing the controller with another computer, then back, and see if it works?

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately I don't actually have a Wii U... I will eventually, but I only have a controller at the moment. Should I try pairing the controller with another computer, then back, and see if it works?

I don't think connecting it to another computer will work but it doesn't hurt to try. It makes me wonder if there is some sort of configuration that happens when the pro controller is connected to the Wii U, though it doesn't explain this problem happening to those who have had their controllers connected to a Wii U first.

pwncloud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think connecting it to another computer will work but it doesn't hurt to try. It makes me wonder if there is some sort of configuration that happens when the pro controller is connected to the Wii U, though it doesn't explain this problem happening to those who have had their controllers connected to a Wii U first.

I tried pairing it to another computer. Same problem on that one, and it didn't fix it on mine. :(

I tried holding the reset button on the back with a pin, didn't do anything either. I'm going to try pulling the battery... Though if that doesn't work I'm out of ideas.

I found someone with the same issue with the Wii Remote Plus. https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-can-t-connect-wiimote-plus-to-pc

However, the solution involves pressing 1+2 instead of sync. Is there an equivalent on the Pro? Nothing causes the LEDs to blink anymore except the sync button, which is a bit odd... I recall it was blinking with any button press when I first got it. :\

Edit: I got it working!! :D

In case someone else is ever in the same boat as me:

Open Toshiba bluetooth settings. Pair your controller by pressing the Sync button.

Let it connect, don't press the sync button again.

Now the controller will disconnect really fast (the green connection icon will disappear).

Right click the controller in Toshiba, click connect while mashing front buttons on your controller. The LEDs should be blinking blue, and the connection icon should stay. :D

Edit: I should note that the LEDs will stop blinking after its been paired, until you've set up WiinUPro, if I recall correctly.

Reactions: KeyPuncher

pwncloud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if it was properly conveyed, but I think the way to solve this whole no joystick axis problem is to have your program not check joysticks sequentially. If I have sequential joysticks, all of them are messed up. WiinUPro doesn't see more than 8 buttons or any axis, and the demo feeder program shows similar results. However, if you delete the first joystick, then configure a second one, the feeder programs sees the axis as they should be and the proper number of buttons. Obviously I can't check WiinUPro because it stops checking after it sees no joystick 1. I haven't found a way for joystick one to be recognized correctly by anything, but if someone else solved this problem please let us know. I'm on Win8 x64 in Test Mode.

Edit: Uh, nevermind? I don't know what I did to fix this, but now it's working with only 1 joystick. All I did was have 1 joystick in slot 2 that worked, then I reset everything, checked all the boxes under 1, hit apply, unchecked the ones except X, Y, Rx, and Ry, then hit apply and then it worked.

Didn't work for me, unfortunately.

If I have only 1 joystick, it's limited to 8 buttons. If I have 2, the 2nd one is limited to 2 buttons. The third, however, has the number of buttons I set up. It's okay for Dolphin emu though, just have to pick the third controller.

It acts this way every time I do it, no matter what I do apparently.

Edit: I restarted and then the 2nd joystick was okay and the third wasn't, so I deleted the third.

EseCeKa

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
My controller was once connected and working (not fine but at least working) for some reason after restarting my pc, only a couple seconds after pairing it disconnects. How can I fix that ?

KeyPuncher, great work =) Congrats.

pwncloud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My controller was once connected and working (not fine but at least working) for some reason after restarting my pc, only a couple seconds after pairing it disconnects. How can I fix that ?

KeyPuncher, great work =) Congrats.

Hi EseCeKa,

I figured out how to solve this issue a couple posts back:

In case someone else is ever in the same boat as me:

Open Toshiba bluetooth settings. Pair your controller by pressing the Sync button.

Let it connect, don't press the sync button again.

Now the controller will disconnect really fast (the green connection icon will disappear).

Right click the controller in Toshiba, click connect while mashing front buttons on your controller. The LEDs should be blinking blue, and the connection icon should stay. :D

In your case, you should be able to just do the last step every time you restart and repair (just pressing front buttons right after clicking Connect, and DO NOT press sync).

Please update if you are still having issues.

MayhemFest

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I was able to get the bluetooth settings to catch the controller and keep the connection by synching it with a Wii U. Pressing the buttons did NOT help me, as they did not turn the blue lights on.

Anyway, I have another problem. When I try running the actuall software (WiinUPro.exe) I get this error:
http://imgur.com/KhOamNO

As I said, the pad is marked as connected on the bluetooth settings thing. In case it helps, I'm running bootcamp on a MacPro. Here's the rest of the error log:

************** Exception Text **************
System.BadImageFormatException: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)
at vJoyInterfaceWrap.vJoy._vJoyEnabled()
at WiinUPro.WiiUProControllerForm.WiiUProControllerForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Thanks for the help, mates.

JWade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay now i'm having a new issue.
When WiinUPro reads the VJoy Device it only recognises 8 buttons.
View attachment 2927
But in the Game Controllers Windows it says it has 20 buttons.
View attachment 2928
Does anyone have a solution to make WiinUPro recognise the buttons?

I was having the same issue, then I disconnected my bluetooth mouse & keyboard. But for some reason when I try and have 2 connected, this happens to the second controller.

***Edit***

ok for some reason when trying to have different controllers connecting I can still use my mouse & keyboard and it'll let me have the correct amount of buttons.
With the second I noticed that assigning a different vJoy number gave different results. However s fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub: