Hacking WiinUPro - Pro Controller to PC Gamepad

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll look into that saving issue.

I will indeed add the scroll. I keep forgetting to add that, but you will see it in the next build. Thanks.

Biduleman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks KeyPuncher for the nice software, but I have the same problem as Fluto, on both of my Windows 8 x64 computers. Is there any way I can help you test anything?

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks KeyPuncher for the nice software, but I have the same problem as Fluto, on both of my Windows 8 x64 computers. Is there any way I can help you test anything?

I will be doing some Windows 8 testing soon and will let you know if I need you to run some tests, thanks.

zKetta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone developed a good controller setup for Saints Row the Third? I've tried using the keyboard mapping functions of the program, but it becomes very difficult to do that well without destroying the controls of vehicles. On foot controls are great with keyboard emulation; vehicles, without utilizing the analog stick, not so much. I've tried x360ce, but it just reads the vJoy input overtop of the 360 emulator, so its impossible to get things mapped correctly. The 360 DLLS from the other thread also are not compatible, it seems.

I'm very glad though that these difficulties are only constrained to a few games. A real astounding accomplishment for such a new project. Mad props to you, KeyPuncher!

Reactions: KeyPuncher

LankyFanDS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyway to get the d-pad working as a true dpad, instead of just acting as more gamepad buttons? I have a game that's specifically looking for a d-pad to map things to, it's the only thing that I can't get working. I do not need to be able to press multiple directions at once.

Thanks KeyPuncher for all your work on this.

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyway to get the d-pad working as a true dpad, instead of just acting as more gamepad buttons? ...

Yes, I will be adding the ability to map POV-Hat (D-pad) directions to any input you want for the reason you mentioned.

The next beta is a bit overdue, but I will get to it as soon as I can.

Motobug

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I will be adding the ability to map POV-Hat (D-pad) directions to any input you want for the reason you mentioned.

The next beta is a bit overdue, but I will get to it as soon as I can.

When can we expect xinput/360 controller emulation? (If it's possible, of course).

Heimdallr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could never get it to work for some reason.

It may not be of much help, but in my case I had to delete xinput1_3.dll from the x360ce folder first so it would create a new one upon startup. Possibly x360ce.ini as well; I don't remember well. I also had to update my Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable. I use x360ce version 2.1.2.191, since earlier versions seem to have trouble mapping non-POV hat buttons to the dpad.

That's about all I can offer; sorry if it doesn't work out :(

Motobug

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It may not be of much help, but in my case I had to delete xinput1_3.dll from the x360ce folder first so it would create a new one upon startup. Possibly x360ce.ini as well; I don't remember well. I also had to update my Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable. I use x360ce version 2.1.2.191, since earlier versions seem to have trouble mapping non-POV hat buttons to the dpad.

That's about all I can offer; sorry if it doesn't work out :(

I've done everything you've suggested, but it still doesn't work.
Game Folder (spoiler'd because of size):
s1_zps0a4db7e5.png
x360ce Program:
s2_zps2a15a8f7.png
Just to see if I've done anything wrong.

Heimdallr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done everything you've suggested, but it still doesn't work.
Game Folder (spoiler'd because of size):
s1_zps0a4db7e5.png
x360ce Program:
s2_zps2a15a8f7.png
Just to see if I've done anything wrong.

Oops, I forgot about having to do this as well... If you haven't already, try downloading this: https://x360ce.googlecode.com/files/x360ce_libraries_r642_x86.zip. Move the xinput1_3.dll and x360ce.gdb files from the archive to your x360ce folder.

I created a copy of my x360ce folder, deleted all settings and started from scratch, and it displayed the same behavior of having both triggers pressed down. It started working after downloading that.

If that doesn't work, I'm all out of ideas...

Motobug

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea either. I got the x64 version of the files (I'm on x64), but the controller is grayed out, and it still doesn't work correctly with the games I tried. THIS is why I'm wanting xinput support.

Heimdallr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea either. I got the x64 version of the files (I'm on x64), but the controller is grayed out, and it still doesn't work correctly with the games I tried. THIS is why I'm wanting xinput support.

Regardless of the OS' bit architecture, you need the x86 libraries. I'm on x64 Windows 7 as well and they work for me. The x64 libraries won't work with the x360ce application from what I can tell. Most games that support xinput are 32-bit. I guess the x64 libraries are for the few games (if any) that need them.

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When can we expect xinput/360 controller emulation? (If it's possible, of course).

At the moment I couldn't even give you an estimate. I have a job interview in a few days so that could completely change how much time I have in the foreseeable future. I can tell you that I will be looking into it after v1.0, I'll probably start with the same method x360ce uses with the DLL copying and all that which should cut out at least a little frustration and issues. I also have had little success with x360ce, sometimes it's kinda work and other times not at all. Then after that is integrated I will look further into having it done in a more optimized matter similarly to MotionJoy which means starting from the bottom as I have yet to familiarize myself with the WDK. Too bad I can't just hire someone to develop an xinput emulating driver while I finish up the other features.

You could try using Pinnacle Gaming Profiler for xinput emulation which works in the same way as x360ce but it copies the files for you, though I haven't had much luck with that either.

Heimdallr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But when I launch the program/game, I get this:
Capture_zps78363f47.png

And of course, it still doesn't work.

I get the same warning if I don't put "Version=1" under [Options] in x360ce.ini. This didn't start until I upgraded to 2.1.2.191, probably because it's a beta application. That said, even with that warning it still worked for me, so this probably won't help you.

I have one more option. It's a long shot, but.. When you run x360ce and the "New Device Detected - vJoy Device" (or whatever) window comes up; the one that asks to automatically search for settings or browse for them, are you hitting next or cancel? In my case, if I hit cancel, the controller appears grayed out and unresponsive. What I usually do is have it search for settings online, choose a setting that comes up, and adjust the button mapping myself.

CompC

Trophies
Website
josh.birnholz.com
XP
Country
United States
At the moment I couldn't even give you an estimate. I have a job interview in a few days so that could completely change how much time I have in the foreseeable future. I can tell you that I will be looking into it after v1.0, I'll probably start with the same method x360ce uses with the DLL copying and all that which should cut out at least a little frustration and issues. I also have had little success with x360ce, sometimes it's kinda work and other times not at all. Then after that is integrated I will look further into having it done in a more optimized matter similarly to MotionJoy which means starting from the bottom as I have yet to familiarize myself with the WDK. Too bad I can't just hire someone to develop an xinput emulating driver while I finish up the other features.

You could try using Pinnacle Gaming Profiler for xinput emulation which works in the same way as x360ce but it copies the files for you, though I haven't had much luck with that either.
I tried combining WiinUPro with Pinnacle and it SORT OF works. First of all, it doesn't work with every game, and it doesn't always work correctly....

For example, with BioShock Infinite, it works fine in-game but in any menu it's constantly scrolling up. It makes any menu unusable. In game there aren't any problems, like walking forward.

I also can't seem to get x360ce to work, either. It keeps telling me it can't start because MSVCP110.dll is missing, although I've installed both the x64 and x86 versions, and I have all the other requirements installed, too.

I got vJoy working, so at the moment my controller works fine in Dolphin and PCSX2 but that's about it. :/

Makere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I tried combining WiinUPro with Pinnacle and it SORT OF works. First of all, it doesn't work with every game, and it doesn't always work correctly....

For example, with BioShock Infinite, it works fine in-game but in any menu it's constantly scrolling up. It makes any menu unusable. In game there aren't any problems, like walking forward.

I also can't seem to get x360ce to work, either. It keeps telling me it can't start because MSVCP110.dll is missing, although I've installed both the x64 and x86 versions, and I have all the other requirements installed, too.

I got vJoy working, so at the moment my controller works fine in Dolphin and PCSX2 but that's about it. :/

Copy MSVCP110.dll and MSVCR110.dll to the x360ce-folder (you can find them from google) to get over that error, but I still didn't get x360ce to work, even though it doesn't give any errors anymore.

Also I can't get the binding to keyboard to work, yeah it binds the buttons fine, but they do nothing on applications.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated