Hacking WiinUPro - Pro Controller to PC Gamepad

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I decided to try this out and I'm running into similar issues. I can't set up buttons, instead I get this.

NlcjMY7.png

Now hitting accept defaults into Joystick button 1, which actually works fine in x360ce. I tried doing what Timohtep and on joystick 3 I was able to select the joystick buttons, but am unable to do anything with the analog sticks. Could you upload the profile you used to get this working? By the way, when editing the registry I couldn't find the folder to change the OEMName under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE but isntead it was located at HKEY_CURRENT_USER. I don't think this caused any problems, because in x360ce everything seemed to work just like the video, just the active controller was in the player 3 slot, and I couldn't get the analogs or dpad working.

EDIT: using a profile doesn't seem to work, as using the profile used in joystick 3 won't load into joystick 1.

Ultramutant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so for everyone running into the problem where you are at the Toshiba Bluetooth menu and it will only show that it connected for a few seconds than disconnect (the two wires appear briefly).
You have to delete that entry from your computer and go over to your Wii U and sync the controller back up with the Wii U. Then you can turn the Wii U back off which turns the controller off, walk
back over to the computer click add device on Toshiba Bluetooth and click the red sync button and it will work. This is the only way so far that I have gotten it to re-sync.

Next is this
3UnjA.jpg
3Unkq.jpg

For some reason after working all yesterday and displaying joystick 1 my computer just stopped.
This is what a working HID-compliant game controller settings should look like from the device menu
3UnmB.jpg

It has both a vJoy Device and a Bluetooth HID Port. When I was not given the option of choosing joystick 1
in the pictures above, I checked this and it did NOT have vJoy Device listed. No matter what I tried I could
not get vJoy Device to get back on that list. Oddly I could still launch the Beta 7 program and select "No Joy"
but then I would get the same error most other people get which is annoying. So I just uninstalled vJoy
and reinstalled it and its working again. I am going to keep a close eye though to see if there is anything specific
that triggers it. (Maybe switching out of testing mode).

Just thought I would give my 2 cents on what seems to be a issue some people are having. I know this might not
be the ideal fix to both of these problems (although the first one is pretty easy) it will still "fix" them.

Also sorry if this is old news just wanted to show people because i spent a good hour or two working on getting these
things going this morning.

Timohtep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try removing Joystick 1 and just leaving in joystick 2. In Configure vJoy, with target device set to 1, set the Action to Delete Device.

Yep, that's what I did a while ago, but I neglected to post here about it, lol.

At first when I tried it it didn't work, but it was because the game wasn't supported by x360ce, heh. Everything seems to be working great now :D

tehspeleengpolise

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so for everyone running into the problem where you are at the Toshiba Bluetooth menu and it will only show that it connected for a few seconds than disconnect (the two wires appear briefly).
You have to delete that entry from your computer and go over to your Wii U and sync the controller back up with the Wii U. Then you can turn the Wii U back off which turns the controller off, walk
back over to the computer click add device on Toshiba Bluetooth and click the red sync button and it will work. This is the only way so far that I have gotten it to re-sync.
There is also another workaround, which involves button mashing and does not require a WiiU, you could check it out if you want (somewhere on this thread...). It might be more practical than having to turn on your WiiU every time (although for some reason it seems that sometimes only one method works, and not the other...)

For some reason most people (including me) don't get that problem though. Maybe it depends on the actual bluetooth hardware...

I am going to keep a close eye though to see if there is anything specific
that triggers it. (Maybe switching out of testing mode).
I think that you should keep it in test mode, because it uses unsigned drivers which only work while Windows is in Test Mode. However, I have been using it for a while now, and I haven't noticed any other changes (apart from the test mode message on the desktop), so it shouldn't be a problem.

Timohtep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, I can't get it to work with Dolphin. At all. Any suggestions? It won't recognize controller input.

Aaaand it's working now for some reason :l

superhatman

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried to install vJoy and now I have a recursive error 'Exception from HRESULT :0x8007000B' whenever I try to run WiinUPro. I could run it fine until the vJoy installation. Using system restore points and uninstalling doesn't help at all either. Anyone else with this problem or any suggestions?
Untitled.png

tehspeleengpolise

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried to install vJoy and now I have a recursive error 'Exception from HRESULT :0x8007000B' whenever I try to run WiinUPro. I could run it fine until the vJoy installation. Using system restore points and uninstalling doesn't help at all either. Anyone else with this problem or any suggestions?View attachment 3806
This could have nothing to do with vJoy itself, but maybe it has.

I can't really help you much, but try posting the details of the exception. I'm not familiar with the program - obviously =P - but it may help KeyPuncher pinpoint the problem if it's got something to do with WiinUPro.

Reactions: KeyPuncher

Heimdallr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to install vJoy and now I have a recursive error 'Exception from HRESULT :0x8007000B' whenever I try to run WiinUPro. I could run it fine until the vJoy installation. Using system restore points and uninstalling doesn't help at all either. Anyone else with this problem or any suggestions?View attachment 3806

You might be using the wrong bit version. You need 32-bit if you're using x86 Windows and 64-bit for x64.

Edit: Nevermind. I didn't read the part where it was working fine until you installed vJoy. Sorry :x

Reactions: KeyPuncher

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to install vJoy and now I have a recursive error 'Exception from HRESULT :0x8007000B' whenever I try to run WiinUPro...

Heimdallr & tehspeleengpolise are both right. The error is thrown from the vJoy library when it's running on the wrong OS architecture. WiinUPro will work fine if you don't have vJoy installed on both 32-bit & 64-bit, but once you add vJoy it needs to be specifically the 32-bit or 64-bit version, actually the only difference between the two is the vJoy library version that is included.

So if you are on a 64-bit machine use the 64-bit version, as the 32-bit in this case will not work. And visa versa.

tehspeleengpolise

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I keep getting these errors. Is there any way to fix this?
This comes up when you have no compatible devices - i.e. WUPCs or wiimotes - connected (as might be expected =P). Are you sure that you do have a device connected? Are you using the Toshiba bluetooth stack and all that? If yes, then some people have had an issue when the controller automatically disconnects after a few seconds. Is your WUPC icon in the bluetooth device manager window showing the green and yellow wire icon (showing that it's connected), without it disappearing after a few seconds?

SidusObscurus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using this program for a couple weeks now, and it works fairly well. The installation method went off without any problems, Toshiba Stack and all. However, I seem to be encountering a frequent problem. At seemingly random times, my gamepad will read commands with very significant delay, become unresponsive, and/or lock on a single command (such as continually pressing left, without reading other commands) for a few seconds up to a minute at most. Are any other users encountering this problem? Does anyone have any suggestions for how to troubleshoot this?

Other info:
I'm not using vJoy or its drivers. I'm simply mapping to Pro buttons to my keyboard.
Toshiba Stack appears to be working fine. The Pro controller doesn't disconnect during this problem, the key interpreter merely stops responding.
No errors are thrown, as far as I can tell.
I'm running Windows 7 x64, with the appropriate program.
This problem seems to occur even when I tried the other WiiU Pro controller program (http://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-pro-controller-to-pc-program-release.343159/). I have not tested this with their xinput method.

It's not a huge problem, as my controller is still usable. It's just incredibly annoying when playing a game, and, even if only rarely, your controls become locked. Any help is appreciated! And good work on this program so far KeyPuncher!

Timohtep: I got my Pro Controller working fine with Dolphin as a gamecube controller. If you are mapping to keyboard presses, check the alternate Dolphin input pages for conflicting commands. I was getting duplicate command reads from keyboard presses mapped to Wiimote inputs when I tried using my Pro Controller. Clearing the Wiimote inputs resolved the problem.

Senoue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This comes up when you have no compatible devices - i.e. WUPCs or wiimotes - connected (as might be expected =P). Are you sure that you do have a device connected? Are you using the Toshiba bluetooth stack and all that? If yes, then some people have had an issue when the controller automatically disconnects after a few seconds. Is your WUPC icon in the bluetooth device manager window showing the green and yellow wire icon (showing that it's connected), without it disappearing after a few seconds?

I actually couldn't get Toshiba Bluestack to install. I am using my Targus bluetooth adapter and it connects my other Wiimotes to my laptop quite well, and it shows up as connected in my devices. I just can't configure anything and I get those errors.

tehspeleengpolise

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I actually couldn't get Toshiba Bluestack to install. I am using my Targus bluetooth adapter and it connects my other Wiimotes to my laptop quite well, and it shows up as connected in my devices. I just can't configure anything and I get those errors.
Hm, some wiimotes+ actually work with the windows stack (mine did), but no WUPCs do. Is if failing even with wiimotes? Can you use them with Dolphin if you have it? (If you don't have Dolhpin but it still doesn't work, it might be worth downloading it just to see if it can use the wiimotes.)

As for the Toshiba stack, did you edit the .ini as mentioned in the video? Seeing as you are using an external dongle/adapter, I don't see what could have gone wrong... Hopefully KeyPuncher will be able to help you a bit more.

Senoue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hm, some wiimotes+ actually work with the windows stack (mine did), but no WUPCs do. Is if failing even with wiimotes? Can you use them with Dolphin if you have it? (If you don't have Dolhpin but it still doesn't work, it might be worth downloading it just to see if it can use the wiimotes.)

As for the Toshiba stack, did you edit the .ini as mentioned in the video? Seeing as you are using an external dongle/adapter, I don't see what could have gone wrong... Hopefully KeyPuncher will be able to help you a bit more.

I have't tried it with a regular Wiimote quite yet, but I have not been able to mess with the ini because I could no get farther than it saying to plug in a bluetooth device. When I do it, it says I need to plug one in.

Heimdallr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have't tried it with a regular Wiimote quite yet, but I have not been able to mess with the ini because I could no get farther than it saying to plug in a bluetooth device. When I do it, it says I need to plug one in.

Try following this if you haven't already.

tehspeleengpolise

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yup, try doing what Heimdallr said (it is also shown in the setup video in the first post of this topic).

And I meant to ask if it works at least with your Wiimotes+, not regular wiimotes. Because if it does, then just install the Toshiba stack. But if it doesn't, then it's something different...

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh hey, any chance of adding a battery indicator in the program?

For Wiimotes, sure. I can make it an option to display the battery level on the Wiimote's LEDs instead of the shift state.
AND/OR
I can make it an option to start flashing the LEDs (while still showing the shift state) when the battery is low to catch you attention, which should be fine for both Wiimotes and the Protroller.

... At seemingly random times, my gamepad will read commands with very significant delay, become unresponsive, and/or lock on a single command (such as continually pressing left, without reading other commands) for a few seconds up to a minute at most ...
Interesting, some things that may help with troubleshooting:
- What games has this happened with?
- What commands have you noticed this with?
- Are you using turbo?

Still trying to find some time to work on updates and everything. Been pretty busy with my new job. Thanks for being patient.

Timohtep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For Wiimotes, sure. I can make it an option to display the battery level on the Wiimote's LEDs instead of the shift state.
AND/OR
I can make it an option to start flashing the LEDs (while still showing the shift state) when the battery is low to catch you attention, which should be fine for both Wiimotes and the Protroller.

I was actually talking about showing the battery level in-program. Just a little icon near the visualization of the Pro controller. That light flashing thing is great too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...