Homebrew WiiMC RELEASED!!! (Wii Media Center)

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tantric said:
Really what doesn't make a lot of sense is having an SD card in your Wii but not wanting to load the DOL from it. Loading from SD is much faster as USB drives need to spin up to be mounted. But whatever, I'll change this in the next channel release.
Tantric I see your point. But I am using uniiloader which uses emulated nands so it blocks the hard drive from working. However it has a hbc emulater in it. So I use the channel to forward to my usb so it dose not show up in the hbc on uniiloader. But need to keep wiimc in the right place for auto update. So is there a chance of getting the source for the channel so I could change it. Or maybe make 2 channels. One for usb and one for sd. I don't mined so long as it works. Thanks for any help.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I get an unable to write to nand error when trying channel installer from latest hbc using ios 58, and also an unable to save settings to sd card even though thats what its running from??

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tHciNc said:
I get an unable to write to nand error when trying channel installer from latest hbc using ios 58, and also an unable to save settings to sd card even though thats what its running from??
I maybe wrong but I would check if the sd lock is on lock or not.

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Royusmc said:
Tantric said:
Really what doesn't make a lot of sense is having an SD card in your Wii but not wanting to load the DOL from it. Loading from SD is much faster as USB drives need to spin up to be mounted. But whatever, I'll change this in the next channel release.
Tantric I see your point. But I am using uniiloader which uses emulated nands so it blocks the hard drive from working. However it has a hbc emulater in it. So I use the channel to forward to my usb so it dose not show up in the hbc on uniiloader. But need to keep wiimc in the right place for auto update. So is there a chance of getting the source for the channel so I could change it. Or maybe make 2 channels. One for usb and one for sd. I don't mined so long as it works. Thanks for any help.
Thanks for all the great work on this forwarder channel. I got it to load from usb by removing the 00000002.app file and replacing it with a modified forwarder form the wiimc source. I just change some code on the bottom of the main file. Anyways I got it fix for me. So thanks.

Aijelsop

Question Asker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have DVDX or any DVD things that will allow me to watch DVD's. If I download this and just pop a DVD in, will it play?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Aijelsop said:
I don't have DVDX or any DVD things that will allow me to watch DVD's. If I download this and just pop a DVD in, will it play?
I think it should work if you have IOS202 installed (it's one of the IOSs you can install with Hermes' cIOS installer)

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
tj_cool said:
Aijelsop said:
I think it should work if you have IOS202 installed (it's one of the IOSs you can install with Hermes' cIOS installer)
Mööp, both are wrong. DVDX is dead, so is IOS202. The latest IOS58, HBC (1.0.8) and WiiMC (1.1.0) will do the job. That's the great thing about it, no more cIOS or DVDX is needed, just an official IOS from Ninty, which a game needs, so they (probably) can't patch it
smile.gif
. Oh, and just to mention: Although compatibility is better now, it's still not great, imo. Your Movie might just not work. I would suggest to better buy a cheap DVD Player...

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Blue-K said:
Mööp, both are wrong. DVDX is dead, so is IOS202. The latest IOS58 and HBC will do the job. That's the great thing about it, no more cIOS or DVDX is needed
smile.gif
. Oh, and just to mention: Although compatibility is better, it's still not great. Your Movie might just not work.
I thought IOS58 was for USB support.
Oh well
tongue.gif

drtxb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Love the program! Keep up great work!!!!!

I tried to install the channel WiiMC Channel Installer 1.5 but it still needs the SD card in.
Is there any way to install the channel so I dont need to have the card in? Or is there a wad file I am missing?

imtiyazdada

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Installed Wiimc 1.1 successfully. Plays media files from the shared folders of my laptop wirelessly ... no problem after configuring in the "Add SMB Share" in the Settings ---> Network section.

I have recently bought a I-NA316N1-R All-in-one NAS Server. I know I have correctly configure the NAS server as I am able to access all its features from my laptop wirelessly as the NAS server is connected to my Linksys ADSL wireless G router via ethernet.

The NAS Server has SMB Server, FTP server and Media Server built-in.

I have tried all possible options in the "Add SMB Share" of the wiimc correctly giving the right:
1. Display Name
2. Share name
3. IP Address (of the NAS Server)
4. Username: wiimc (just an example)
5. Password: *******

I have done this several several times, but it just does not connect to the NAS Server, give the message "Failed to connect to network share".

Please mark the same config and parameters are working from my windows 7 Laptop, but my wiimc just wont connect to my NAS.

I will be very obliged if anyone here can help me with this issue.

stagler

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I have the same problem as imtiyazdada above: "Failed to connect to network share"

My NAS is a Linkstation Pro (LS-GL). I saw this article mentioning possible issues with connection to a linkstation, but I've no idea how to check anything to do with Samba version.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks a lot.

Richard

imtiyazdada

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know its an awesome awesome app, infact the best one so for on Wii Media Center category. But only if some angel could solve the NAS issue for me, the one which I have explained in the above post.

Thank U guys in advance.

lex luthor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if it is my imagination but WiiMC seems to code dump or freezes if the wii isn't connected to the internet. If I have my wii connected to the internet it behaves nicely.

Tantric

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It isn't your imagination and it also isn't only WiiMC. It's a bug in HBC related to using the setting in the meta.xml

The workaround is to remove that line from the meta.xml. You'll have to wait for an HBC update to fix this.

lex luthor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tantric said:
It isn't your imagination and it also isn't only WiiMC. It's a bug in HBC related to using the setting in the meta.xml

The workaround is to remove that line from the meta.xml. You'll have to wait for an HBC update to fix this.

Thanks for the reply!

kisamesama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it says mms support in description of wiimc.... anyone has been able to stream mms on wiimc?? where do u enter the mms address??

MadBob

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiMC player works downloaded from HBC, WiiMC Channel installer tells me I need ios58 (already got ios58 with USB 2.0) so I tried to re-install with IOS58 installer (which fails to install). anyone got WiiMC Channel as a wad instead?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0