Hacking WiiFlow Lite

leseratte

Wiimmfi Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@leseratte does do_new_wiimmfi_nonMKWii() need to be applied to wiiware games or just wii games only?
There are indeed WiiWare games that need the new patch, so if possible this should be applied to WiiWare, too. Though, I don't think I ever tested that particular implementation with a WiiWare game.

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are indeed WiiWare games that need the new patch, so if possible this should be applied to WiiWare, too. Though, I don't think I ever tested that particular implementation with a WiiWare game.
It appears in wiiflow game booter its only applied to wii games in apploader.c. not found in channel loader for channels.

TimmahOTool

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if I'm in the right spot. First off thanks to all for there hard work. Question on how to get blank cover art going. I have the blank covers named as the corresponding magic numbers. Also they are in boxcovers as instructed. Do they need to go into another folder? I have them at the root of boxcovers. Also do they have to be the game file name as in .zip.png like the covers have to? I'm at the end of a marathon and I just need to fix the last couple things. Thanks again!!

Reactions: RunningSnakes

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if I'm in the right spot. First off thanks to all for there hard work. Question on how to get blank cover art going. I have the blank covers named as the corresponding magic numbers. Also they are in boxcovers as instructed. Do they need to go into another folder? I have them at the root of boxcovers. Also do they have to be the game file name as in .zip.png like the covers have to? I'm at the end of a marathon and I just need to fix the last couple things. Thanks again!!
as runningsnakes pointed out. they go in dev:/wiiflow/boxcovers/blank_covers/
and you must have platform.ini because we use that to convert the magic number to the platform name. so the filename should be nes.png, megadrive.png, or gba.png to name a few.

JasonH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im using Abz Wiiflow Masterpiece pack and im having a problem with the music name display sticking in the middle of the screen. Is there a way to turn the name display off? It covers all the coverart when looking at the games.

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im using Abz Wiiflow Masterpiece pack and im having a problem with the music name display sticking in the middle of the screen. Is there a way to turn the name display off? It covers all the coverart when looking at the games.
look in wiiflow.ini under [GENERAL] for 'display_music_info' and set it to 'no'. that will prevent any song title from displaying. but it should disappear after 3 seconds so i don't know why it stopped doing that for you.

but why on earth are you still using such an old version of wiiflow? why not wiiflow lite?

JasonH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
look in wiiflow.ini under [GENERAL] for 'display_music_info' and set it to 'no'. that will prevent any song title from displaying. but it should disappear after 3 seconds so i don't know why it stopped doing that for you.

but why on earth are you still using such an old version of wiiflow? why not wiiflow lite?
Because i like the look and simplicity of it. Its been working just fine. Ive been using this since i first modded it back in 2016. i placed all the cover art in it and if i switched to wiiflow lite i would have to start over.
Newer is not always better. Thats just my opinion.
Thank You for the information. That fixed the problem.

Last edited by JasonH,

yoda0349

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a way to have both USB port working at the same time? because I would like using a controller for one port and an ethernet LAN Adapter for the other one

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
on the wii the two ports works all the time, on some old versions of CIOS you must to put your external HDD on the bottom one but the other is available always.

I have a HDD on one, a USB Hub on the other and attached to HUB the Wii Speak Microphone and a Keyboard, all works just fine

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@JasonH

You are correct, newer isn't always better. In this case however it is 100%!

Imagine watching a half hour fireworks display on a black & white television in the kitchen while a brand new color television is available in the living room. Unless you are colorblind......

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@JasonH

You are correct, newer isn't always better. In this case however it is 100%!

Imagine watching a half hour fireworks display on a black & white television in the kitchen while a brand new color television is available in the living room. Unless you are colorblind......
and really all he has to do is backup his apps/wiiflow folder and dev:/wiiflow folder then if anything goes wrong or he doesn't like wiiflow lite he can just restore those folders.

plus he doesn't have to use rhapsodii shima theme if he doesn't like it.

but to be fare its his choice.

fledge68

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WFL v5.5.0 released today!

https://github.com/Fledge68/WiiFlow_Lite/releases/tag/v5.5.0

here's an updated rhapsodii shima.ini for v5.5.0 - https://www.mediafire.com/file/eacovhdy3hgjks8/Rhapsodii_Shima_fix_for_v5.5.0_beta_10.zip/file

rhapsodii shima v.5.4.9 theme - https://gbatemp.net/threads/rhapsodii-shima-5-4.555062/

plugins pack thread - https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-great-quest-for-wiiflow-plugins-tm-a-call-for-adventurers.563575/

other links in OP of this thread.

there's still things i'd like to do or add like alternative dol support and the ability to enable/disable individual plugin gamesounds. keep an eye out for v5.5.1 betas as time permits.

enjoy!

edit: plus i started adding a wiki to the wfl github repository. little by little i hope to add useful things and replace wiiflowiki 4.

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@fledge68

I have come across a problem in latest Rhapsodii Shima.ini release. This does not occur when using WFL default theme. It is very possible it is on my end by editing Shima theme but it did not exist until this latest release and reverting to older .ini file fixes the issue.

While on EmuNAND all VC and WiiWare show and play properly. However if I go to...

Settings>
NAND Emulation Settings> Set
Install Wad> Go

Path=
sd:/
usb:/

these settings are offset to the right without the ability to choose a path to install a .wad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i just got a 4070ti