ROM Hack WIP Tutorial on how to use the NHSE House Editor for perfect villager injection

strawpedro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
---DISCLAIMER---

Going online with modified save data will ALWAYS carry a ban risk, please be mindful of that!

The purpose of the dump file attached here is mainly for testing and research. I am not responsible of any issues that might arise by using the method/attachment, on both clean and hacked switches.

If you want to bring the villager you want to your clean switch, you can do so by doing local play with a CFW switch. This should be at a relatively low risk.

---MAKE SURE YOU PASTE THE EDITED SAVE FILES BACK TO AN EMPTY FOLDER!!! DO NOT OVERWRITE SAVE FILES, AS IT RESULTS IN SAVE CORRUPTION---

Hey Guys,

NHSE has been updated with a house editor, and below will be a quick tutorial on how to get correct villager + exterior/interior with dump files with the latest NHSE.

First inject the .nhv file through "Load Villager". Inject it in place of the villager you want to substitute out, or inject in an empty slot. Let's use Admiral.nhv as an example. Take note of the Villager Index #, this is important for later:

upload_2020-4-22_23-33-34.png

After that, go to "Edit House". You will see below view:

upload_2020-4-22_23-34-1.png

First, tap on "Load" and load Admiral.nhvh into where it says "Admiral's hourse"

(IMPORTANT) Make sure the NPC1 row has the same number as the one listed beside Villager Index!!! In this example, by editing the NPC1 value of the first plot in the list into 0 (same as Admiral's villager index) you have indicated that Admiral (#0) is living on this plot, for which you should have loaded Admiral's house dump prior to this step.

(You can skip the NPC1 check with the latest NHSE if you follow the revised steps: Load villager -> Save changes -> Load house in that villager's slot. By saving after loading .nhv, the house editor will recognize the plot# automatically and you can just inject the house dump by click on Load)

Save again and then you are done! Inject your save and profit!

Always make sure the villager index match the NPC1 in house editor for the same villager!! otherwise they will show up in messed up interiors ...

Attached is a batch of villagers with their correct houses for testing. Please let me know if any issues.

Villager Database updates:

-ALL VILLAGERS UPDATED! (except for the sanrio villagers)

-Re-dumped Spork to align with all US version names

-Thanks Jeep for the Sanrio Villagers dump!

Attachments

• Villager Database (Complete).zip
    437.4 KB · Views: 4,488
Last edited by strawpedro,

HeWhoExists

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is linked in the main post, just click on the hyperlink lol

Oh you had to redo all the villagers due to the update yesterday?? I see. I was wondering why I was only seeing A villagers. Looking forward to updates. Thanks. Does this mean non of the ones posted by people will work???

strawpedro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh you had to redo all the villagers due to the update yesterday?? I see. I was wondering why I was only seeing A villagers. Looking forward to updates. Thanks. Does this mean non of the ones posted by people will work???
The .nhv files will work but will not give you correct house/furniture, if you want working .nhvh files only some of the submissions on the latest pages of the dump thread will work, don't worry though I will keep update my dump files in this thread

Jbheese07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The .nhv files will work but will not give you correct house/furniture, if you want working .nhvh files only some of the submissions on the latest pages of the dump thread will work, don't worry though I will keep update my dump files in this thread
The force move out is not working anymore. Is there a proper way to do this since the update? To have them be packed up?

strawpedro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The force move out is not working anymore. Is there a proper way to do this since the update? To have them be packed up?

Please open an issue here: https://github.com/kwsch/NHSE/issues

Also, if you just want to inject another villager, you can just overwrite the existing villager with a legit dump using the method outlined in this thread

mystiko111

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Great, works perfectly.
Is it also possible to mix villagers? For example have Zucker and his house, but with the furnitures of Octavian?

Classicaldonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nope, seems not work. Tried to load Plucky data, Plucky's house data and Julia's items data, but it's completely Plucky inclusive her items.
well you would have to have plucky village data and julias house data...guess you want plucky to live the house setup of julia

I just tthought i did this by mistake the other day, i moved the villager data around in the house plots and i had one village living in the house of another cus i only loaded the villager data, so i know it can happen

Last edited by Classicaldonkey,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over