tbuske Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    Is it possible to sort by release date?

2. Vahacris

Vahacris Newbie
    Newcomer

Poland
    what version do you recommend to use with this mod? 2.1.0 or older?

3. Tetsuo Shima

Tetsuo Shima GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Italy
    not really sure. I'd say use wiimpathy mod 18 and wait until a new stable version is released

alexander1970 likes this.
  4. Vahacris

Vahacris Newbie
    Newcomer

Poland
    Four more question guys. Im counting on your help.

First of all my setup. Im using newest version of wiiflow lite on my vwii Wii U. Games are on my usb hdd.

1. I have strange freeze error. When i enter vwii mode and load wiiflow from homebrew channel, wiiflow freeze at logo screen and did not load.
    To load wiiflow i need to load nintendont first from homebrew Channel, then exit, and load wiiflow. This way it starts with no problem. Any of you guys have that problem? What can cause that?

2. I only use wiiflow for wii games, gc, n64, ps1 and scummvm. Is there a way to easy switch beetwen this platforms without going to platforms menu, choose computers and choose pc dos to see scummvm games? Can i add n64, ps1 and scummvm to the button on bottom of main screen (the button that change games from gc to wii)?

3. I would like to know what are controllers option when using wiiflow? What controllers can be used beside wiimote?
    I know wii games should be player using wiimote, but what about n64/ps1/etc. Are there any alternatives? Any chance for wii u pad or wii u pro controller? Wii classic controller?

4. Last question. Is there a good tutorial on gbatemp about adding wiiware games to wiiflow? I know i should use emu nand but all threads i find are old and not clear enough to follow. I am using wiiflow on vwii wii u. Any help?

Thanks in Advance for any help and sorry for long ass post.

Last edited by Vahacris, Apr 28, 2021
  5. Exidous

Exidous Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I highly recommend using ModMii's built in (1) SNEEK installation and (2) NAND builder. It generates the instructions for you on what to do for each part. After that, Wiiflow settings just need to point at your emunand directory to display the emunand-installed items.

The USB loaders have wad installation functionality, but I think it's a whole lot easier to just use ModMii to build it once rather than trying to install wads piecemeal.

6. t.h.c

t.h.c Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    — Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Is there any sdcard size requirement for latest wiiflow lite

7. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Cyprus
    U don't even need an SD card at all if you have a fat32 USB hdd

biggzsizzle and jeannotte like this.
  8. Kuja6699
    This message by Kuja6699 has been removed from public view by Flame, May 13, 2021.
    May 13, 2021
  9. NormalMisha

NormalMisha Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Is there a way to make a game play with just one single press of a button? In 99% of cases none of the secondary actions (individual game video config., for example) need to be performed by the user (especially kids), so moving the WiiMote over the Play button and pressing a second button is a veritable first-world catastrophe. Something like pressing B to launch the game immediately vs pressing A to bring up the game options would be handy.

Speaking of kids, are there any kid-friendly tips/theme tweaks about? It's pretty scary that the entire WiiFlow configuration is at their mercy. How awesome would a kids' interface be that had nothing but your chosen views (Wii, GC, Emus etc.), a play button and a shutdown button? :yaywii:

Thanks for all your hard work on the source, @fledge68. If I ever manage to work out how to compile it I would be interested in trying to implement some small tweaks.

RebeccaR6250 and RunningSnakes like this.
  10. Tetsuo Shima

Tetsuo Shima GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Italy
    @NormalMisha You can press B+A to launch one game immediately.
    There are no such themes to my knowledge, but you can always edit a theme and remove undesired sections.
    You can also reduce your source menu, by deleting (or hiding) undesired game systems.

11. NormalMisha

Newcomer

United Kingdom
    B+A you say? Thanks!

fledge68 and RunningSnakes like this.
  12. RunningSnakes

RunningSnakes GBAtemp Fan

United States
    After you have scrolled to game you want to play, you can also press A button 2wice to launch game. As long as Wiimote cursor isn't pointed at the TV screen.

13. RebeccaR6250

RebeccaR6250 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Is there a tutorial on how to update your old Wiiflow to the wiiflow lite? I haven't found much info on it.....except maybe a lot of file copying and replacing. Any help appreciated. :)

14. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Cyprus
    It's literally just what u said, copying/replacing files.

Modmii is ideal for updating your softmods and apps, but as it's creator I am admittedly biased

15. RebeccaR6250

RebeccaR6250 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Thank you

ca032769 and jeannotte like this.
  16. fledge68

OP fledge68 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    try setting the parental password in main settings. once set it should prevent kids from accessing certain settings. if you ever forget the password it will be in wiiflow_lite.ini.

17. NormalMisha

Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Hey, thanks. I thought it was just to stop them playing adult games.

I was just putting Aurora 0.6b on a 360 the other day and it includes a pin-code system. But for the life of me I cannot work out where the pin-code is stored - it's not in the 2 SQL Lite DBs. I also can't work out where the settings are stored for which screens you choose the pin to protect. After doing a date modified check on the files, it seems that it isn't stored in the Aurora installation folder. Presumably Aurora is using some 360 OS API functionality to handle setting the code and protecting only certain 'screens', and the 360 stores the information. Having said that, deleting the install folder and starting again clears the pin-code. Hmm, I wish I had the ability to work these things out. Even worse, you are not asked to confirm your chosen pin-code and you do not see it on screen as you set it. Worse again, the 10 possible digits are selected by pressing buttons on the gamepad, so four of them are selected using the d-pad directions. The 360 d-pad has a mind of its own, so you only have 6 digits to choose from really.

BTW, I have just extracted my NAND using the latest WFL. It took about 30 minutes for 211MB. I do have patience, but I was just wondering if that is normal, or if somehow my USB port is not running at USB2 speeds as it should be (since FW4.3's IOS58 update). Maybe the bottlneck is the extraction process, but I thought it was effectively just a straight copy from flash to USB interface.

Last edited by NormalMisha, May 24, 2021
  18. Exidous

Exidous Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Question on sorting displayed games. I'm on 5.4.8.

My original list of Wii games appears in alphabetical order, but several Wii games I added more recently are just appended at the end. Is there a way to re-sort them so the new ones slot properly into alphabetical order?

19. NormalMisha

Newcomer

United Kingdom
    I would say try reloading the cache and also check that the official (i.e. on the ISO/disc) names of the games, which is what Wiiflow shows, are actually what you think they should be. Some games have strange official names. You can rename them in WiiFlowLite using the custom_titles.ini in the [USB/SD]/Wiiflow/Settings folder.

Last edited by NormalMisha, May 25, 2021
    jeannotte likes this.
  20. NormalMisha

Newcomer

United Kingdom
    [Note: My EmuNAND was created by Wiiflow.]

If I launch a WiiWare game in neek2o mode, play it for a bit (optional) and then finally exit the game normally by pressing Home and then System Menu, the screen goes black and the DVD drive starts flashing. Any ideas why?

Is it technically possible to exit a neek2o game environment (which was launched by real NAND Wiiflow) and return to real NAND Wiiflow? If so, how easy is it? The wiiflow wiki seems to suggest that it's not possible:

"Update on how things work: Using Wiiflow rev 712+ and neek2o rev93+
    1. Start Wiiflow from real nand > Start any Wiiware in normal mode > Exit game > back to Wiiflow on real nand
    2. Start Wiiflow from real nand > Start any Wiiware in neek2o mode > Exit game > back to Wiiflow on neek2o nand
    3. Start Wiiflow from Neek2o nand > Start any Wiiware in any mode > Exit game > back to Wiiflow on neek2o nand
    4. To go back to real nand select "Exit to real nand" from Wiiflow exit menu"

If it's the case that as soon as you load a neek2o game you effectively get stuck on the neek2o NAND (unless you "Exit to real nand" every time), you theoretically might as well just boot into a neek2o NAND and use it all the time (assuming everything worked). Personally I want to be on the neek2o NAND as little as possible for the sake of less confusion.

Is there a hidden Wiiflow returner channel ('thing' - sorry) which actually just does a normal switch back to real NAND (like nSwitch)? So the console would reboot into the real NAND and autoload Wiiflow as usual (if you have priiloader setup to do that).

Thanks for any information.

21. NormalMisha

Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Is there any way to make WiiFlow save all WiiWare game saves to the real NAND - can't see it in the settings? If not, how do I delete saves if I want the game to appear unplayed? Uninstall and reinstall the game?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - WiiFlow,