Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

mgrimmenator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mugotu, r-win: coud either of you tell me what wiiflow changes the fanart image sizes to and how the coordiates of it work? I am writing a fanart generator in csharp for bubba to run on pc to help create the fanart image placements and create the ini file. I am auto sizing the background to 640x480 and then allowing the add fan art and move around on top of background. The problem is that my x y coordinates are not matching the ini coordinates of a sample i have that works in wiiflow. Any help would be much appreciated.

Or could someone pm me the new dev source you guys are working on (r54) and I could rummage around and try to find.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
mugotu said:
I just fixed *.iso support today, and playing of files >4gb so those bugs are fixed and an be used in the next rev. The iso goes in the wbfs folder and is GAMEID.iso

So, there is only one bug left to be fixed now ? And, what is the bug ?

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
mgrimmenator said:
mugotu, r-win: coud either of you tell me what wiiflow changes the fanart image sizes to and how the coordiates of it work? I am writing a fanart generator in csharp for bubba to run on pc to help create the fanart image placements and create the ini file. I am auto sizing the background to 640x480 and then allowing the add fan art and move around on top of background. The problem is that my x y coordinates are not matching the ini coordinates of a sample i have that works in wiiflow. Any help would be much appreciated.

Or could someone pm me the new dev source you guys are working on (r54) and I could rummage around and try to find.
Contact me, I can give you the source of my .NET windows application which has the correct calculations in it.

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Benjay said:
I expected something much more simple :
- when you browse covers on the coverflow , it dispalys a dedicated background for each cover.
- when you stay on a cover , this dedicated background changes , like every 5 seconds , with a transition effect.
- to activate this , just put pictures with 4 ID names in the fanart folder.
Well, it all depends on what you want.

Fanarts will have the following structure on the disc

/fanart/GAMEID/

In that directory, wiiflow will first look for background.png, load it, and use that as background. If you happens to have a file with the name GAMEID.ini, it is loaded, and used for further processing. It can contain a couple of "general" settings, like hide the cover, or change the color of the game title (it may be unreadable due to the new background). Further, you can have artwork files (names artwork1.png, etc, until 6). For those artwork to show up, one MUST have an ini file, and one MUST have some basic info in it.

It is possible to specify 12 (!) parameters, knowing x, y, scale_x, scale_y, alpha, event_x, event_y, event_scale_x, event_scale_y, event_alpha, duration and delay. If you specify a duration, and one or more event_ parameters, an animation will be shown (every event variable can be seen as "animation starting point").

So, Benjay, you can very much customize the fanart thing, except for the changing backgrounds. I'm sorry, but we didn't put that in...

TeenTin said:
QUOTE(mugotu @ Jun 13 2010, 08:49 PM) I just fixed *.iso support today, and playing of files >4gb so those bugs are fixed and an be used in the next rev. The iso goes in the wbfs folder and is GAMEID.iso

So, there is only one bug left to be fixed now ? And, what is the bug ?
Actually, it's fixed...but another one popped up. Some ppl seem to get a code dump when cancelling the download of covers. I think this bug will stay on our todo list, instead of preventing a release. It's too minor, and the workaround is easy (either don't cancel or don't download!)

.:Plasma:.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Testing the new beta today, and while I don't get the WBFS -1 error any more, I do sometimes get a screen saying no games found on the partition, it then offers me install a game or change the partition I think the two options are.

Someone mentioned categories in a post a page or so back, is that in this new beta version and if so how would I implement / test it.

Cheers, keep up the good work!

Plasma

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.:Plasma:. said:
Testing the new beta today, and while I don't get the WBFS -1 error any more, I do sometimes get a screen saying no games found on the partition, it then offers me install a game or change the partition I think the two options are.

Someone mentioned categories in a post a page or so back, is that in this new beta version and if so how would I implement / test it.

Cheers, keep up the good work!

Plasma

Categories can be accesed by pressing the B button on the favorites star. You can name the categories inside your .ini file. and adding games to categories is done by going into game settings and selecting categories button, it lets you turn each of them on/off

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
r-win said:
Actually, it's fixed...but another one popped up. Some ppl seem to get a code dump when cancelling the download of covers. I think this bug will stay on our todo list, instead of preventing a release. It's too minor, and the workaround is easy (either don't cancel or don't download!)

Agree. It is a minor bug. So, it seems that, other than this, no bug left now ?

Actually, I am good at finding bugs. I am happy to do beta test if you are willing.

djbubba2002

Trophies
XP
Country
TeenTin said:
r-win said:

Agree. It is a minor bug. So, it seems that, other than this, no bug left now ?

Actually, I am good at finding bugs. I am happy to do beta test if you are willing.

Come to IRC, then you can do testing ..

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Benjay said:
It looks good , but that's not really what i was expecting...
I expected something much more simple :
- when you browse covers on the coverflow , it dispalys a dedicated background for each cover.
- when you stay on a cover , this dedicated background changes , like every 5 seconds , with a transition effect.
- to activate this , just put pictures with 4 ID names in the fanart folder.

That is what i expected , from what i can see on the video , the cover is disabled when the game uses a fanart...

May I have your updated themes to test ? Many Thanks !

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Well they are not up to date ^^
I didn't have much time this week-end , and i've lost some of my original templates to create buttons....(Win7 install ^^)
I have to do them again , from scratch......
So now i'll only be able to work on it on tuesday evening
wink.gif

Btw , you can use the last themes i uploaded , they will miss only 1 button , wich will be displayed as the default one
wink.gif

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
TeenTin said:
Which button is missing ?
My bet would be the channels button, which is a new button in a new zone. We're not sure if it will make the release or not (some ppl reported bugs with it).

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
r-win said:
TeenTin said:
My bet would be the channels button, which is a new button in a new zone. We're not sure if it will make the release or not (some ppl reported bugs with it).

Better cancel the channels button for this release.
happy.gif

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
TeenTin said:
r-win said:
TeenTin said:

Better cancel the channels button for this release.
happy.gif

That bug has already been fixed..... Please report if you find a problem with that button, and no, don't report if it doesnt work because it doesnt show up or something. It is automatically (along with the return to selection button) hidden if you have ios57 as the base for your cIOS. IOS57 doesnt have the correct nand access to read channel data (es_identify)

Edit: its not fixed, YET, but it is a very odd bug and seems to only happen on a few wii's when the base ios for the cios is 37 (i think)... I'm having a hard time debugging it because it doesnt happen to me no matter what cios/bas combo i use. Instead of removing it from the release i think we may add an ini line to enable or disable it from showing, being hidden by default. Hopefully i can find where it is before the release because this is a big step towards some other things I would like to see us able to do with wiiflow.

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
Question to all the devs...

In the spirit of making "My part" i ask what can i do to help?

I was a beta tester for Hibernatus, and made the portuguese translation (original one..at least).
Are you in need of an extra help?

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pakatus said:

I was a beta tester for Hibernatus, and made the portuguese translation (original one..at least).

just come to IRC

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
Pakatus said:

Come talk to Jiiwah on irc, or pm him, he has a wiki set up with all of the new strings that we needs translated @ http://wiki.tgames.fr.nf/wiki/Utilisateur:Jiiwah

jodur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
mugotu said:
That bug has already been fixed..... Please report if you find a problem with that button, and no, don't report if it doesnt work because it doesnt show up or something. It is automatically (along with the return to selection button) hidden if you have ios57 as the base for your cIOS. IOS57 doesnt have the correct nand access to read channel data (es_identify)

Edit: its not fixed, YET, but it is a very odd bug and seems to only happen on a few wii's when the base ios for the cios is 37 (i think)... I'm having a hard time debugging it because it doesnt happen to me no matter what cios/bas combo i use. Instead of removing it from the release i think we may add an ini line to enable or disable it from showing, being hidden by default. Hopefully i can find where it is before the release because this is a big step towards some other things I would like to see us able to do with wiiflow.

Mugto, it is not only a cios 37 based problem. I also tried IOS 222 V4 based 38 instead of IOS 222 V4 base 37 merged with 38 and it still stack dumps on the channel selection button.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And the ones that aren't afraid of being anonymous get it the worst
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh he said this to me, get over it Sunflower
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    the internet is and can get nasty really fast
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but it's the same ones whining about them being a victim when they want negative attention for others lol
    +3
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    although having a bad day or bad card dealt in life is just a personal issue, how you communicate to others will determine how others will treat you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No not really some people just act a certain way to please the crowd it's the internet
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    yeah, there's those also, they act entirely different compared to their RL persona
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even in life you have fake crumbs that act a certain way just to please other friends
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i call those just asskissers
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can spend years talking to each other and stop suddenly just because others don't like you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Goes back to the oh I wanna fit in with this crowd type
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I don't even have blood related family members left that I can talk to anymore, everyone is estranged
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I live by if it happens to you it can happen to them and most likely will so fuck them
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's funny how life works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A cycle of payback and I told you so
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sometimes I don't know if I'm frustated or happy

:wacko:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wanted to jerk off but my straight jacket won't let me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    wait,...BDSM don't use straight jackets, what kinda horsin' around are you even up to? nevermind, dun wanna know
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I didn't fall asleep with the jacket on
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    good luck, dun get butraped by ancientboi and you're gud
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Other way around ancientboi wants to be buttraped
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Only if you're too close to where he is.
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I didn't sleep earlier because I spent the night completing a bunch achievements in my favorite mega man x game
    NinStar @ NinStar: I didn't sleep earlier because I spent the night completing a bunch achievements in my favorite...